Where Clergy and Laypeople Discuss God

SCHOOL of THEOLOGY => Religion & Theology => Topic started by: Stan on May 03, 2014, 01:22:37 PM

Title: In search of Truth...
Post by: Stan on May 03, 2014, 01:22:37 PM
I posted something a few months/years ago that showed some research that only 2% of people committed to a political party will read a book written by someone on the opposing viewpoint.

I must be part of that 2% as I think it is critical to read about other viewpoints.

When becoming a Seventh-day Adventist I went to libraries and the Canadian Bible Society bookstore to read opposing viewpoints on Adventism. I had to have reasonable answers to question others had about the 'cult' of adventism.

I also read frontpages of newspapers around the world that give different views than my local and national newspapers.

"Truth, whatever that is, math, science, religion expects and even demands investigation"

Are you part of the 2% or 98%? and why?
Title: Re: In search of Truth...
Post by: John Oscar on May 05, 2014, 06:29:28 PM
I'm in the 2%.  Truth doesn't need to hide or isolate itself- you will discover it if you are honest about the facts.
Title: Re: In search of Truth...
Post by: me again on May 10, 2014, 02:21:36 PM
Most people would probably claim to be in the 2%.  :o

When I was younger, I was definitely in the 2%, but as I get older, I'm now into the other 98%, only because I've reviewed so much extraneous material.