345 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: New forum needed.  (Read 3634 times)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
New forum needed.
« on: January 14, 2004, 01:32:26 PM »
Some people have some very intimate questions. Many are in the area of sexuality. I think that it would be good to have a forum area where the poster can post a question and no one else can see it, the topic or the answer except the person/moderator in charge of that area who will answer it. This way the eyes and minds of the young are not so violated and questions can be asked in total privacy. Also posts can be moved there that fit.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
New forum needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 06:50:22 PM »
It would be impossible to have a private forum that is not visible to the public -- while at the same time, allowing the public access to the private forum to post private messages.  

But the general idea is good. :)
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
New forum needed.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 07:09:10 PM »
Originally posted by me again
It would be impossible to have a private forum that is not visible to the public -- while at the same time, allowing the public access to the private forum to post private messages.  

But the general idea is good. :)

Actually it is not. I ahve seen it done on other boards. It may be impossible here, but it is not impossible.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
New forum needed.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 07:44:08 PM »
We are in the process of upgrading this board -- and one of the features will be a "prayer request" section where a person can make a submission that will only be received by a prayer team (and not by the public).  It should be operational within the next 60 days (hopefully).

It just dawned on me that that is what you're referring to!!!  Am I correct?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
New forum needed.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 10:06:03 PM »
Originally posted by me again
We are in the process of upgrading this board -- and one of the features will be a "prayer request" section where a person can make a submission that will only be received by a prayer team (and not by the public).  It should be operational within the next 60 days (hopefully).

It just dawned on me that that is what you're referring to!!!  Am I correct?

Sort of. What I am discribing is a literal forum where people can go and post literal delicate questions. The forum is always blank to all except those who post and even then they can they only see their own posts and the answers given. It is handled by a cookie. one more thing, no teams. Only the person who the board designates to answer the questions can see the questions and who asked them.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
New forum needed.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 11:43:33 PM »
We have someone who is designing something like that now, but since I've never seen it or used it, I can only hope that it is the exact format that you described.

Eurogal

New forum needed.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 08:42:48 AM »
Special counselling is what lots of us need at given moments.

Online counselling for marriage problems or such should be done descretely in a private room one to one. Members requesting advice and counsellors listening before talking.

The seeker-member needs to ask by PM the moderator assigned to the specialty forum if the room is free. When some counsellor is not conselling another at the moment the requester can go right on into the room and the two, with Jesus, can get to the gist of the matter.

The private room could be used to cover these speciality conselling situations....

1.  Marriage adjustments
2. Homosexual temptations
3. Divorce planning
4. Singles-persons living problems
5. Addiction
6. Depression
7. Approaching death

The seeker for help need only to PM the contact person in charge of the room as moderator for a counsellor who is free to help and arrange for the room to be used for the theme of the problem.

The flip side of the coin is having volunteers, not always moderators, who are mature enough to handle one-to-one counselling on a regular basis. That would entail a member of the TReview forum who will be willing to donate their God given wisdom, experience and talent to serve in counselling one in need of the above mentioned themes. It could be that certain members have more a leaning to be more proficient in counselling in one theme than another so many counsellors should be available.

Additionally, imo a moderator should be watching in the shadows without participating. Just to check perhaps that no false advice go out?

Before opening such a room one needs 7 counsellors as a bunch team to work with.

Eurogal

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter