280 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Smooth Transition  (Read 6086 times)

Eveningstar

Smooth Transition
« on: March 25, 2004, 09:26:12 PM »
I like the new look and feel of the forum. Nicely done.
 :bday:

kevingaily

Smooth Transition
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 10:02:12 PM »
It looks wonderful!! :D

Eurogal

Smooth Transition
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 05:07:12 AM »
GOODGLORYMERCIFULMERGITROIDS!!  :eek:  :eek:

It actually happened!  :boing:

I feel like roadkill donegone to seventh-heaven!

This is sooo much better.

And the wait was excruciating.

If we weren't promised so back then in December, we would have not the impatience to deal with these last months of expectation. There must be some lesson analogy to Jesus' eschaltology in this experience lightly somewhere :)

Thank you Technie Mark for doing your thing that you do ohhhh so well! :rose: :rose:

Eurogal

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Smooth Transition
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 08:20:09 AM »
I'm glad we made the change to the upgraded forum, but...
    I'm uncomfortable with it and will have to
re-learn a lot of stuff.  I feel like I'm starting all over!!!  I guess I'm getting old because I don't like re-learning stuff.  I'm like a comfortable old dog who can't learn any new tricks.  :lol:[/list] :bounce:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Stan

Smooth Transition
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 08:33:52 AM »
The software first appeared in Beta, i think it was August or so of last year. It alays semed like it was just about ready to release.

Mark can now work on a front page that we can drop KEY WORDS in for submission to search engines.

Submission to search engines is getting harder and harder.

This is really a nice community.

markb2004

THIS IS MARK! My first post here.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 11:59:06 AM »
Hi Everyone :)

Well, you got your major upgrade and I'm glad everyone likes it so far.  Yes, the release for this upgrade was long, but I think it will be well worth it.  Lots of new and better security, features and a nicer "liquid" type look too.  

Actually I upgraded this forum about a month ago, but it was a subtle upgrade and none of the templates changed.  And I so wanted to wait until the stable and official release of this version came out before installing it.  I counted over 60 software steps I had to perform as this is more or less an entirely new software program.

There still might be some little bugs we might find, but for the most part it seems to be working.  However, I will monitor it and visit here occassionally to make sure things are working.  In addition, I now can get this board a nice main page (nothing to do with this forum at all) and add some other features too.  

BTW, I prayed each of those 60 steps when I had to do something as I converted the database here and installed the newer version!  So far, I really like this message forum software, it's the best I've ever installed and used, and I've used them all!

Hey, and my first post here too!  :)

Sincerely,

Mark

Eurogal

Smooth Transition
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 01:16:34 PM »
ThanktheLord you prayed while fiddling with the programming stuff.

The loss of important databases of various forums could have gotten wiped out if the wrong geeky move was made.

I have looked at the software effects of about 50 different Christian forums out there in cyberspace. The majority of them put too much emphasis on visual perks. This software is putting the written messages in the middle of manuevoring. Our attention is to the content of the message and not to the fiddles of klimbim of whistles, badges, knicknacks,kookey stuff left-and-right-bottom-and-top of posted messages. Like what we find at those other places..ya know 'em...

Thanks for considering using this software.

My greatest happiness is GettingWhatNeedsToBeSeen widescreen. Yep, now we have widescreen cinemascope messages :crackup:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 01:21:34 PM by Eurogal »

Eurogal

Smooth Transition
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 01:41:16 PM »
Me-again is not to worry adjusting to the new format of a few features.

Old dogs can learn new tricks. It even makes them happier.
You want to be happy now don't you?
:jump: :fun: :jump:

The more you use the features the more you'll see how posting messages has gotten even that much more easier.

• All is now widescreen to read and not those many collumns of various categories
  • We can log-in at top and at bottom of page
  • The chainlink like scrolling of the threads messages in a topic seems better for viewing.

Will add more praise later.
Too much sugar at once is bad for digestion. ;)

Eurogal
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 01:46:49 PM by Eurogal »

Eveningstar

It is written...
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 01:47:27 PM »
"Keep it simple, stupid."  :p

That's what I like about this forum, it has kept it simple.

:cool:

kevingaily

Smooth Transition
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 01:52:39 PM »
Quote from: markb2004
Hi Everyone :)

Well, you got your major upgrade and I'm glad everyone likes it so far.  Yes, the release for this upgrade was long, but I think it will be well worth it.  Lots of new and better security, features and a nicer "liquid" type look too.  

Actually I upgraded this forum about a month ago, but it was a subtle upgrade and none of the templates changed.  And I so wanted to wait until the stable and official release of this version came out before installing it.  I counted over 60 software steps I had to perform as this is more or less an entirely new software program.

There still might be some little bugs we might find, but for the most part it seems to be working.  However, I will monitor it and visit here occassionally to make sure things are working.  In addition, I now can get this board a nice main page (nothing to do with this forum at all) and add some other features too.  

BTW, I prayed each of those 60 steps when I had to do something as I converted the database here and installed the newer version!  So far, I really like this message forum software, it's the best I've ever installed and used, and I've used them all!

Hey, and my first post here too!  :)

Sincerely,

Mark

Please feel free to come often, and to share and fellowship with us. Thanks for all your hard work and prayers!!! :)

Eveningstar

Smooth Transition
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 03:09:06 PM »
Quote from: kevingaily
Please feel free to come often, and to share and fellowship with us. Thanks for all your hard work and prayers!!! :)

Ditto and Amen.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Smooth Transition
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 03:31:20 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for all the hard work and for the upgrade.   :banana: :bounce:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Buzzard

Smooth Transition
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 10:39:59 PM »
Its great;
except one thing
in the search for post by user name
It will give a link to the Thread,
but not to the speciffic Post;
or I just am not doing it correctly

Heeeeeellllppppp if it can be done,

Cortese

Smooth Transition
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 08:09:07 AM »
Thank you for the time you spent on upgrading this site.  You did an excellent job.  :banana:

Yahvist

People Tracking
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2004, 09:34:22 AM »
Hello brother Buzz,

Very good that you brought up that the messages-for-one-person-tracking service seem to be missing. I briefly noticed that myself however I haven't spent much time searching for the answer that might be already there waiting for us to discover it.

Mark, we who are short on free time need to follow messages of certain one for the sake of checking out their veracity, or for one's joy that such a spiritual person is being consistant. The other reason for the feature is to go to the thread or message we have vaguely in our minds but know only who wrote the message. Finding the thread through checking out that person's message entry helps saves lots of time when we have the list of all what that person posted and where they posted it.

Yahvist

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter