323 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Smooth Transition  (Read 6085 times)

Eurogal

Smooth Transition
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2004, 10:48:08 AM »
Buzz, I don't get clearly what you are looking for but don't see?

Try these steps after clicking on "membership list" in uppertop screen blue bar :

• click on letter E of the alphabet a-z
  • click on Eurogal in that E list
  • look at the left side of my profil and click on "show all posts"

Now click on one of the messages. Doesn't scrolling up to the resulting page show you where in which thread it is to be found?

greetings from E-gal

Little Lamb

Smooth Transition
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 04:13:16 PM »
Quote from: Buzzard
Its great;
except one thing
in the search for post by user name
It will give a link to the Thread,
but not to the speciffic Post;
or I just am not doing it correctly

Heeeeeellllppppp if it can be done,

I could be wrong, but you might have to read all the posts of that thread or look for the post you want to read.

Little Lamb

Smooth Transition
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 04:23:46 PM »
Buzz,

I really don't know what you're doing wrong.  I tried it and got the the exact post I needed.  You need to click on all the posts thingy for the person in question.

Buzzard

Smooth Transition
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 11:11:52 AM »
It finds the Thread the post is in but not the speciffic post, as did the old software,
and some of these threads get to be several pages long,
I liked it better when it took you to the speciffic post and not just the thread
the post was in,

OK; I think I figured it out,
lets try it on one of Lamb Chops post

Click on Little Lamb
then on the drop down menu click
Find all post by Little Lamb

03-04-2004, 04:27 AM  
Replies: 149  Buzz's Test Thread
Views: 939 Posted By Little Lamb
Yes, Buzzie, can you come out and play[/u]?

Yes, Buzzie, can you come out and play?

then click on the tittle of the post
 as this
    Yes, Buzzie, can you come out and play?[/list]

and it takes you to the post

http://www.theologyreview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20693#post20693
    « Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 11:29:10 AM by Buzzard »

Little Lamb

Smooth Transition
    « Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 11:20:37 AM »
    Buzz,

I don't know what your problem is.  This new software does the same thing.  Have you looked for the person's profile and then clicked on.

Here it is step by step:
    Find the person's profile.  You can do that two different ways, by clicking on the person's name or going to the memberlist.

After you find who's posts you want to look at and you're at their profile, click on "Find all posts by so and so.

Then you get all of their posts.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT click on all the threads that person has started unless you want to see all the threads that person has started.

Little Lamb

Smooth Transition
    « Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 11:35:02 AM »
    Quote from: Buzzard
    It finds the Thread the post is in but not the speciffic post, as did the old software,
    and some of these threads get to be several pages long,
    I liked it better when it took you to the speciffic post and not just the thread
    the post was in,

OK; I think I figured it out,
    lets try it on one of Lamb Chops post

Click on Little Lamb
    then on the drop down menu click
    Find all post by Little Lamb

then click on the tittle of the post
     as this
      Yes, Buzzie, can you come out and play?[/list]

and it takes you to the post

http://www.theologyreview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20693#post20693

And that is one of my posts.

Little Lamb

Smooth Transition
      « Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 05:23:44 PM »
      Well Buzzie,  Can you come out and play?

Have you figured it out yet?

Eurogal

Finally got the Drift
      « Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 06:38:58 AM »
      Searching for a certainl post by someone I did this :

-clicked on membership list

-clicked  on alphabet letter

-clicked on Cortese

-clicked on “Find all Posts”

-read all through posted messages

-saw what I thought to be message I was wanting

-clicked on hyperlink of first sentence

-ARRIVED DIRECTLY TO POST HE WROTE THAT I WANTED TO READ AGAIN.

-When wanting to view the whole set of postings in the thread I would then …

-click on the Topic Thread Title in the search result list of that person with that closed envelope icon before it.

Praxeo

Smooth Transition
      « Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 08:18:56 AM »
      Hi to the readers,

Whewwww! I must say there is so much to discover on features in this Forum program. My first hesitancy to search for myself always comes from the small voice of the past telling me (it was my older sister or mother depending on the case) DON'T TOUCH anything when we go to Aunt Anna's place...when we go into that store....when we are at the zoo.

Now the system manager of the Forum is actually calling out to touch with that mouse arrow everything, find out what is behind the object and learn by doing and reading. I like that.

I like these features very much...
      A. In the first logon page with all sections of forums listed there is a blue button with white arrow that gives a pop-up sign saying "go to last post". I don't need to reread what I already read the day before in that topic.

B. I found out that CP means control panel. User CP at first glance made me think it meant user correcting post. Now I have slowly got all option features read and clicked according to my preferences.

C. I set the display of posts so that the last post comes first and the first post come last in the topic thread. I believe it will make moving in and out of threads quicker for reading and answering.

D. It is just great how posts are labeled with 'Today' or 'Yesterday'. That makes finding the new ones so much easier. I see also that the bulletin board icon of the forum section gets a double sheet of paper stuck to it with a pin when new posts arrive.

E.Just for now I was able to fold-up Educational Issues and Family Issues by clicking on that button with two arrows looking north. When I need to look in to see what is new then I'll click on the arrows that now look south to expand that section.

Praxeo

Praxeo

Smooth Transition
      « Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 08:34:30 AM »
      It's okay I hope to post another post right after the last post I submitted ?

This time I'd like to get off my chest a few feelings of displeasure of TheologyReview Forums set-up. Just personal subjective stuff that must not be taken too seriously but perhaps might push the leaders here into improving things because of constructive critic.

A. The font size of the comments to the various sectors of Family Issues are all in caps. It makes it look rather alarming. Is there some reason for making capitals of the words in the sentences there? All other sector comments don't do this.

B. Many of the smilies are not working. I will make a separate list to prove which ones are not. Could the one charge of programming this sight upload more smilies soon?

C. The Avatar list is not large enough to make a good choice from. Some of the avatars are repeated. Will this list be enlarged soon?

Now to ask a few questions because I am not sure about what is what in some cases....

*In the reply window there is an icon php whose pop-up says wrap php tags. What is this?

*Also in reply window : "Automatically parse links in text". What does this mean?

*Here and there I see the option to click on saying : "Mark Forums read". What does this mean?

Praxeo

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
      • Administrator
        • View Profile
        • Poke This Member
        • http://theologyreview.com/
      Smooth Transition
      « Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 10:06:12 AM »
      In the reply window there is an icon php whose pop-up says wrap php tags. What is this?
      I don't know. :shrug:
      Also in reply window : "Automatically parse links in text". What does this mean?
      That's a good questions too -- and I don't know the answer. :shrug:
      Here and there I see the option to click on saying : "Mark Forums read". What does this mean?
      If you "mark forums read," then they won't pop-up when you inquire if any new posts were made since your last visit.  

Ah, I finally knew one (1) answer. :doh:
      "So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Little Lamb

Smooth Transition
      « Reply #26 on: April 01, 2004, 07:54:56 PM »
      And the above person "me again' is the administrator.  :snicker:  

He's a trip.  He's a good guy and I like him.  He cracks me up sometimes.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
      Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
      Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
      "If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
      Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
      Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
      JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter