* *
326 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: slow board  (Read 4205 times)

Offline saved

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2125
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
slow board
« on: March 01, 2005, 05:10:15 AM »
This board is extreemly slow to load in every forum.  Can something be done about it?
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

  • Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3680
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
slow board
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 12:14:02 PM »
Is it always slow for you -- or just occasionally? :confused:

I find it to be slow on occasion, but quick most of the time.  If your experience is different, then please let me know. :boing:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1053
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
slow board
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 12:24:41 PM »
I don't have any problem with it.

Tom
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

cdhale

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
Nor do I

clint

kevingaily

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 02:27:25 PM »
Sometimes it is dog slow for me, but only about 1 in 10 times does this occurr.

Angel

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 03:55:58 PM »
It's never been slow for me :no:

Offline me again

  • Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3680
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
slow board
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 04:58:28 PM »
Quote from: kevingaily
Sometimes it is dog slow for me, but only about 1 in 10 times does this occurr.
But when it is slow (that 1 out of 10 times), it's aggravating!!! :angry:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

kevingaily

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 07:22:40 PM »
Quote from: me again
But when it is slow (that 1 out of 10 times), it's aggravating!!! :angry:


Yeah. I wonder if it is a bandwidth issue? Stan would probably know, huh?!

Also, I'm on dial up. I wonder if this is an issue on broadband? Probably not.

Angel

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 01:30:33 AM »
Nope, it is not an issue with broadband. In fact, I got rid of my dial up just for that very slow reason. EVERY single page would slower than molasses! :rolleyes:  I got tired of it taking 1 day a year to load one page.:doh: (so it seemed)
Now that I have this broadband, it's amazing!  I love it!    :banana:  :banana:  :boing:  :snicker:

Doma

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 09:39:27 AM »
I use dial up and most of the time I don't have a problem here.

kevingaily

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 03:06:25 PM »
Quote from: Angel
Nope, it is not an issue with broadband. In fact, I got rid of my dial up just for that very slow reason. EVERY single page would slower than molasses! :rolleyes:  I got tired of it taking 1 day a year to load one page.:doh: (so it seemed)
Now that I have this broadband, it's amazing!  I love it!    :banana:  :banana:  :boing:  :snicker:


That's good to hear. I will eventually break down and get DSL. The prices are coming down and I suspect that I'll be on the broadband bandwagon in the next year or two. Dial up is getting to be too slow with all the html(graphics) on the websites. Also, try downloading a 100 meg patch for a modern game! You can start before you go to bed, and it won't be done when you wake up. Plus, my ISP, Juno, will time you out after an hour or so unless you do something like open a window on a web page or something to let it know you haven't forgotten it....  :doh:  :rolleyes:

Offline John Oscar

  • Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4765
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
slow board
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 04:22:42 PM »
The only problem I've ever had is occasionally I'll try to spell check a post using my MS Word with a cut & paste and I loose the whole post I've been working on for 30 minutes.  That's probably a mistake on my part...

Otherwise, very occasionally will I get froze or there is really bad lag.  I'm on broadband almost 90 % of the time...

Blessings
John O


Doma

  • Guest
slow board
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 11:09:36 PM »
Quote from: kevingaily
That's good to hear. I will eventually break down and get DSL. The prices are coming down and I suspect that I'll be on the broadband bandwagon in the next year or two. Dial up is getting to be too slow with all the html(graphics) on the websites. Also, try downloading a 100 meg patch for a modern game! You can start before you go to bed, and it won't be done when you wake up. Plus, my ISP, Juno, will time you out after an hour or so unless you do something like open a window on a web page or something to let it know you haven't forgotten it....  :doh:  :rolleyes:


There are free programs that will fix this, to keep your ISP from thinking you are not using the net.

Mine does it every 4 hours, and will cut me off even if I am using the net, no matter what at the 4 hour mark I am going down!

I pay only like $6.00 for 56 speed dial up...unlimited time too!

 

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

 

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Quote
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.
 

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"
 

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.
 

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
 

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter