268 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: losing posts  (Read 4123 times)

peh

losing posts
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:10:47 AM »
I am having difficulties in posting...after finishing posts, and "sending" them, I get the message that I am "not registered or logged in", though I have already logged in.   The worst of it is I forget this, since I post on many other forums where this problem doesn't arise, and lose the posts since the back button doesn't take me to my post.  This is very irritating.  I sent a message about this before and got a reply that someone was away who could fix the problem.   Hopefully, s/he is back and can do so.  It would be much appreciated.   Also, though I check the box that says 'remember me" or the equivalent, I find it necessary to login everytime I visit the forum.

Please help, I spend long periods on my posts to assure accuracy and so forth, and it is discouraging to then lose the effort thru some kind of glitch.

It was suggested that perhaps my computer was deleting cookies but I checked and cookies from the forum are in the "cookies" folder, also, as I said, I don't have this difficulty with other forums.

Thanks in advance
Peh
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 10:11:59 AM by peh »

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
losing posts
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:39:10 AM »
Hi Peh,

I haven't experienced your particular problem here at this forum.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar here?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

kevingaily

losing posts
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 12:51:53 PM »
Quote from: peh
I am having difficulties in posting...after finishing posts, and "sending" them, I get the message that I am "not registered or logged in", though I have already logged in.   The worst of it is I forget this, since I post on many other forums where this problem doesn't arise, and lose the posts since the back button doesn't take me to my post.  This is very irritating.  I sent a message about this before and got a reply that someone was away who could fix the problem.   Hopefully, s/he is back and can do so.  It would be much appreciated.   Also, though I check the box that says 'remember me" or the equivalent, I find it necessary to login everytime I visit the forum.

Please help, I spend long periods on my posts to assure accuracy and so forth, and it is discouraging to then lose the effort thru some kind of glitch.

It was suggested that perhaps my computer was deleting cookies but I checked and cookies from the forum are in the "cookies" folder, also, as I said, I don't have this difficulty with other forums.

Thanks in advance
Peh

Hi,

This is important. I want to ask a few questions,and see if we can figure the problem out. I know it is a real bummer to post a long post and lose it!

First of all, Did you use a different computer than the one you originally logged on to?

Second, Do you have your privacy levels high so it won't download the cookie?

Third, have you recently gone into internet options and deleted your cookies?

Fourth, did you do any major reinstalling of key software like Windows, Internet Explorer, etc...?

Fifth, are you still using the same internet browser as when you last logged in? For example, if you are an IE user, and you download and use Firefox, then the cookies are NOT transfered unless you tell it to.

Anyway, please review these questions, do some experimentation if necessary, and get back to me if you still can't figure out what is going on.

Blessings,

*note* It's good that you remembered to check the box, this is one cause that is eliminated!

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
losing posts
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »
I've had this happed twice since I've been a member of this forum.
John O

peh

losing posts
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 09:27:14 PM »
Quote from: kevingaily
Hi,

This is important. I want to ask a few questions,and see if we can figure the problem out. I know it is a real bummer to post a long post and lose it!

First of all, Did you use a different computer than the one you originally logged on to?

NO

Second, Do you have your privacy levels high so it won't download the cookie?

The cookie is in the "cookie" folder.  I do have a firewall and spyware remover (panda).  So far as I know my Privacy levels are not refusing cookies

Third, have you recently gone into internet options and deleted your cookies?

No

VFourth, did you do any major reinstalling of key software like Windows, Internet Explorer, etc...?

No

Fifth, are you still using the same internet browser as when you last logged in? For example, if you are an IE user, and you download and use Firefox, then the cookies are NOT transfered unless you tell it to. ?

Yes

I checked and I don't see any cookies from theology forum or "fishthenet.org".  I deleted all cookies and tried again, signing in, and I shut off my Panda firewall, etc, before doing so.  Still no cookie, though I know I found one the last time I posted about this problme.  I will do what else I can to check but I am not terribly computer savvy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 09:36:11 PM by peh »

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
losing posts
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 10:15:14 PM »
If it happens to several people with consistency, then it is probably a server or software error (???).  If it is happening individually and occasionally, then I would speculate that it has something to do with that persons computer.   :shrug:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

peh

losing posts
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 11:37:15 AM »
For some reason, I can now stay logged in, but can't post.  I write a post, try to submit it and the program locks up, shrug

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
losing posts
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 12:13:26 PM »
Do you have a firewall or internet security that is turned on??? :noidea:

peh

losing posts
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 01:44:27 PM »
Yes, but it is also working when I visit other forums, and I have no similar problems to this one.

Today, I had to re-sign in.  Last time I visited, I did not.

peh

losing posts
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 01:49:28 PM »
Ok, tried to answer anthoer post after the message that did post above had done so and the system froze, "program not responding", had to end it hard way.  That happened last visit, the other day, also.

I have this problem with no other forum or url I visit.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
losing posts
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 07:38:22 PM »
That is really odd.  I wonder why that happens???  It has happened to me before, but never at this forum. :noidea:

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
losing posts
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 11:59:15 PM »
The prgram freezing up has happened to me and it really stinks. You spend alot of time on a post and then lose it. Very frustrating. It happens to me when I respond to pm's often.

Tom
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
losing posts
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 08:13:13 AM »
We are getting new software in the next week or two, so it will either get better... or worse.

cdhale

losing posts
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 02:19:35 PM »
I have never had any problems with it...

clint

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter