581 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Coming Soon! Rise of the Anti-Christ?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Coming Soon! Rise of the Anti-Christ?
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:53:53 AM »
The New Year may not be so happy if Iranian leaders have their way.

The Islamic Messiah known as the "Twelfth Imam" or the "Mahdi" may come to earth in 2007 and could be revealed to the world as early as the Spring Equinox, reports an official Iranian government news website. The Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website says the world is now in its "last days." It claims that the Mahdi will first appear in Mecca, and then Medina. He will conquer all of Arabia, Syria, Iraq, destroy Israel, and then set up a "global government" based in Iraq, interestingly enough, not Iran. Such Islamic eschatology (end times theology) is driving the Iranian regime and helps explains why Iran has no interest in helping the U.S. and E.U. create peace in Iraq or the region, much less in ending its bid for nuclear weapons, the Iraq Study Group Report notwithstanding.

Anticipation of the imminent arrival or "illumination" of the Islamic Messiah has been steadily intensifying inside Iran since Mahmoud Ahmadinejad emerged as president of the country in June of 2005. A television series on IRIB called "The World Towards Illumination" has been running since last November to help answer the many questions Iranians have about the end of the world as we know it. The series explains the signs of the last days and what to expect when the Islamic Messiah arrives. The program also says that Jesus is coming back to earth soon as a Shiite Muslim leader and it denounces "born againhristians" for supporting "the illegal Zionist state of Israel." An Israeli news site was the first to pick up the story and its significance to Israeli national security, noting that the Mahdi will soon "form an army to defeat Islam's enemies in a series of apocalyptic battles" and "will overcome his archvillain in Jerusalem."

Some intelligence analysts are growing concerned by Ahmadinejad's announced plans "to hold the big celebration of Iran's full
nuclearization in the current year." Iran's calendar year ends on March 20, which is the usual date of the Spring Equinox. Is
Ahmadinejad signaling that Iran will have nuclear weapons by then? Is he suggesting that an apocalyptic war to annihilate Jews and Christians in Israel and the U.S. could come in 2007, perhaps as early as this spring or summer? It is not yet clear, though Ahmadinejad today vowed to "humiliate" the U.S. and continues to vow that Israel will "vanish" soon.

The IRIB series is important in that it offers some intriguing clues as to how Iranian Shiites believe their prophecies will play out. "After [the Twelfth Imam's] uprising from Mecca all of Arabia will be submit to him and then other parts of the world as he marches upon Iraq and established his seat of global government in the city of Kufa. Then the Imam will send 10 thousand of his forces to the east and west to uproot the oppressors. At this time God will facilitate things for him and lands will come under his control one after the other....He will appear as a handsome young man, clad in neat clothes and exuding the fragrance of paradise. His face will glow with love and kindness for the human beings....He has a radiant forehead, black
piercing eyes and a broad chest. He very much resembles his ancestor Prophet Mohammad. Heavenly light and justice accompany him. He will overcome enemies and oppressors with the help of God, and as per the promise of the Almighty the Mahdi will eradicate all corruption and injustice from the face of the earth and establish the global government of peace, justice and equity."

The TV series notes that "in our discussion of the world in the last days of the earth we had said in our previous editions of this programme that no source has pointed to the exact date when the Savior will appear and only God knows about the exact timing of the reappearance of Imam Mahdi....There are various versions of the exact day of his reappearance. Some say it would be Friday and the date will be Ashura or the 10th of Moharram, the heart-rending martyrdom anniversary of his illustrious ancestor, Imam Husain. Others say the date will be the 25th of the month of Zil-Qa'dah and may coincide with the Spring Equinox or Nowrooz as the Iranians call. A saying attributed to the Prophet's 6th infallible heir, Imam Ja'far Sadeq (PBUH) says the Mahdi will appear on the Spring Equinox and God will make him defeat Dajjal the Impostor or the anti-Christ as the
Christians say, who will be hanged near the dump of Kufa."

Before the Islamic Messiah appears to the world, IRIB reports, "a pious person...a venerable God-fearing individual from Iran" meets with the Mahdi. This individual will pledge allegiance to the Mahdi as he "fights oppression and corruption and enters Iraq to lift the siege of Kufa and holy Najaf and to defeat the forces of [Islam's enemies] in Iraq." It is not clear whether the program is referring to President Ahmadinejad or someone to come.

Shiite Islamic scholars also say Jesus is coming back to Earth soon. He will not, however, come as the Son of God or even as a leader but will serve as a deputy to the Mahdi to destroy the infidels, they say. "We read in the book Tazkarat ol-Olia, 'the Mahdi will come with Jesus son of Mary accompanying him,'" the series explains. "This indicates that these two great men are complement each other. Imam Mahdi will be the leader while Prophet Jesus will act as his lieutenant in the struggle against oppression and establishment of justice in the world."

"The apocalypse is a deep belief among humans regarding the end of the world," notes the Iranian documentary. "
  • ne of the characteristics of the West in the current era is obsession with the end of time. Experts say discussions about the savior and the 'end of time', have not been so prevalent before as they are now in the west....They believe the Messiah [is Jesus and that He] will reappear and will establish his global rule with its center in [Jerusalem], with the help of born again Christians. This sect's religious leaders in the 1990's strongly propagated their beliefs in the US and European societies. In the past two years dozens of books have been published in this field....These extremist Christians believe that certain events must be carried out by the Protestants in the world so as to prepare the grounds for the Messiah's reappearance. The followers of this school believe they have a religious duty to accelerate these events, for example planting the illegal Zionist state of Israel for

the Jews of the world, in Palestine."

Too many Western analysts are missing the central importance of Shiite eschatology in Iranian foreign policy. They mistakenly believe that Iran's current leadership can be somehow cajoled into making peace with the West. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his cadre of loyal mullahs are not being driven by the same goals and aspirations as are the diplomats in Washington, Brussels or at the United Nations. The President of Iran and his team fervently believe the Islamic Messiah is coming back soon, possibly as soon as this Spring. They are convinced that their divine mission is to create the conditions for the Mahdi's return. As a result, they are committed to instigating more anti--American violence in Iraq, not less. They are determined to obtain nuclear weapons at all costs, not negotiate away their atomic research and development program. What's more, they are deeply committed to building political and military alliances with anti-Western powers,
not finding accomodation with the West.

Bottom line: the leaders of Iran are preparing for an apocalyptic war with the U.S. and Israel. It's not a question of "if" but "when." The sooner the White House and our new Congressional leaders realize this and take decisive action to stop this nuclear nightmare, the better.

-- from Joel Rosenburg
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Re: Coming Soon! Rise of the Anti-Christ?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:56:26 PM »
(Depending of course on your eschatology)

The rise of antichrist= the return of the Christ.

I say let him come!  It will only hasten his defeat, and we can look upon our beloved...

Blessings
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »
Hummmmmmm I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll just paraphrase and wing it...

I attended an intelligence briefing where the above article was explained (before it was made public -- though it's common knowledge amongst Middle Easterners).  The dogma in the article is from the Shiites and not the Sunnis.  Yes, the firebrand Shiites actually believe that their messiah will not return until they initiate an apocalypse -- and that's why the Shiite brand of Islamism is the most dangerious kind -- because they are just itching to militarily engage with the United States on an apocalyptic scale.  The American public has no idea about this firebrand Shiite/Muslim theology.  Yes folks, it's a real Shiite/Muslim theology. :mmph:

The Soviets wanted to avoid mutually assured destruction (aka MADD), but the firebrand Shiites want it because they believe it will herald in their messiah!!!! :what:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 08:53:33 PM »
Either way it's fine, as it will hearld in the Messiah!  :orange:  :orange:

Matt 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
John O

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »
I can't believe Israel hasn't struck Iran yet. Perhaps it is the restraining influence of God holding them back so that the prophecy comes to pass.

The only two nations who would ever even consider dealing Iran a knock out blow would be the US or Israel and neither one of them appear to be doing anything.

What's the name of the song? "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!"

Either way it's all good. As has been stated earlier God has his plan running and nothing will alter it's course, thankfully.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »
Quote from: Tom;38215
What's the name of the song? "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!"
Yes, I too believe that it's the end of the world as we know it.  Think about it: if we ARE in the last days, then some pretty horrible things have to happen before Jesus returns.  People say that global warming is a crock.  However, ever since the industrial age, which began in the 1700s, humans have been generating ever increasing amounts of carbons, which have been released into the air and into the oceans.  In the air, it appears to be causing a reduction of ozone, which allows harmful sunrays to penetrate the earth, thus causing skin cancers.  It also allows more heat to be generated, as appears to be demonstrated by record breaking heat waves.  Since 1998, we've been breaking heat records like crazy.  The release of carbons into the oceans are primarily concerned with industrial waste (poisons) and fertilizers.  Both are toxic to habitat in the ocean, if too much is introduced.  Well, mankind has been introducing it since the start of the industrial age in the 1700s and it has continueally increased (not decreased).  The book of Revelation says that a day is coming when EVERY living thing in the sea will die.  Yes folks, if we are the last generation, then it is going to get very ugly.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 09:04:39 PM »
When we say "record-breaking heat/cold", we have to take into consideration that the records are only 100 years old.

That's hardly a good sampling considering the earth is at least 6,000 years old according to biblical creation.....this could be a normal flucuation in the earth's weather patterns for all we know.

I'm not totally discounting global warming....I'm just taking the nay-sayers with a grain of salt.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »
Quote from: John Oscar;38223
When we say "record-breaking heat/cold", we have to take into consideration that the records are only 100 years old.

That's hardly a good sampling considering the earth is at least 6,000 years old according to biblical creation.....this could be a normal flucuation in the earth's weather patterns for all we know.

I'm not totally discounting global warming....I'm just taking the nay-sayers with a grain of salt.
Well, you make a good point, but from what I've heard on the news:
  • It is not unusual to have a record breaking temperature, either cold or hot.  We will continue to have those.
but...
  • We have been having sustained heat records, lasting several days long (or weeks???).  A one day record is significantly different than a 3 week heat wave-record.  Those kind of record breaking temperatures are significant.
It will have to get pretty hot here on earth for certain verses in Revelation to be fulfilled:
  • The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. (Rev 8:7).
  • And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. (Rev 16:12). (I am reading into this: Are the sores skin cancers from ozone depletion, thus allowing into our amtosphere harmful rays from the sun???)
Just thinking out loud. Hey, but I don't have a degree in theology from a denomination, so what do I know??? :noidea:

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »
Probably the only thing that would generate a more heated debate then eschatology would be the Calvinism/Arminianism debate  :lol:
John O

cdhale

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 11:02:43 PM »
Quote from: me again;38221
People say that global warming is a crock...   It also allows more heat to be generated, as appears to be demonstrated by record breaking heat waves.  Since 1998, we've been breaking heat records like crazy...  

Yeah, just burning up...
read this

Chalk me up as one who says man-made global warming is a crock.  It is normal fluctuations.  

clint

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »
this part of the Islamic report alone would signify having come fom another false prophet:

>>>Shiite Islamic scholars also say Jesus is coming back to Earth soon. He will not, however, come as the Son of God or even as a leader but will serve as a deputy to the Mahdi to destroy the infidels, they say. "We read in the book Tazkarat ol-Olia, 'the Mahdi will come with Jesus son of Mary accompanying him,'" the series explains. "This indicates that these two great men are complement each other. Imam Mahdi will be the leader while Prophet Jesus will act as his lieutenant in the struggle against oppression and establishment of justice in the world."<<<

Quote by John Oscar:

>>>Either way it's fine, as it will hearld in the Messiah!  

Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.<<<

Q:  According to the Scriptures, it is Jesus who must come before the Antichrist is revealed, as in the prophecies of Jesus in Jn.14:28 and Paul in 2 Thes.2:3-4.

The Church does not go through the tribulation as Mt.24:22 reveals to the subject of Jesus ministry, Israel [Mt.10:5-6 and 15:24], who do go through the tribulation, as seen in Dan.9:27.

"Even so, come Lord Jesus!"
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter