643 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: 2006 was warmest on record in United States  (Read 6228 times)

cdhale

Re: 2006 was warmest on record in United States
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 11:05:16 PM »
Well, I wasn't advocating squandering resources or intentionally polluting the rivers or anything.  BTW, I think both Hannity and Limbaugh are idiots, so just because they say one thing or another doesn't really  hold alot of sway with me.

But speaking of global warming - I am just fairly convinced we don't have alot to do with it.

clint

Online me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 06:11:34 AM »
Quote from: Zaph;38416
I'm about as conservative as they come but this garbage about man not affecting the environment coming from Limbaugh and Hannity is just crazy.
One thing I've learned about "convservative TV" (or radio) is that they will say whatever is necessary to get an audience i.e. to the conservatives, they will make conservative statements.  Drawing an audience equals money.  After Limbaugh's arrest for prescription drug fraud, I can no longer listen to him.  To me, he's just another liar and just another con artist who is using the conservative movement to make a buck.  :noidea:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 11:18:50 AM »
Quote from: cdhale;38420
Well, I wasn't advocating squandering resources or intentionally polluting the rivers or anything.  BTW, I think both Hannity and Limbaugh are idiots, so just because they say one thing or another doesn't really  hold alot of sway with me.

But speaking of global warming - I am just fairly convinced we don't have alot to do with it.

clint

The thing with people that identify with either side of the political spectrum is that they are blind to the logical middle ground in many issues.  They are so busy demonizing the other side that in the end, neither side makes any ground with the middle of the road thinking people....

I heard once from a professor of political science that he believes that we are a 20% nation.  He stated that 40% of people are Democrat liberals of varying degree, that would vote for Osama Bin Ladin if he was running for president; 40% are Republican conservatives of varying degrees who would vote for Hitler if he ran for office.  The final 20% are the people who actually sway the elections....and they are bought by the 30 second sound bite commercials during the political season.

A little cynical, but probably mostly true...
John O

cdhale

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »
Well, actually, that is probably true of people who actually vote.  But since we can't get half the population to participate, I would say we have a 20% democrat, 20% republican, 10% swing and 50% I don't give a flying flip.

That would be more accurate.  But I also think your point is correct.

clint

cdhale

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
OK, I know this link is a blog and they are not exactly reliable for info. I make this defense:  1) He is truly an astrophysicist, so knows something about science and 2) he quotes from a real article that you can verify.  I find it an interesting read.

Caution: He does use censored bad language.
http://trueanomaly.blogspot.com/2007/01/what-was-that-ive-been-saying.html

clint

cdhale

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Here is another one from a credible source.  I also liked the Crichton book that he mentions, though it didn't affect my opinion much since I already  held my current position.

Anyway, read it here:
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/global-warming020507.htm

clint

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 12:22:31 AM »
I've noticed the talk on global warming has gone by the wayside since it's been -20 or lower in Wisconsin here.

It was -22 when I came to work....right now it is -15 without windchill.  Windchill is -35.

I guess global warming has "cooled off" a bit... :laughhard
John O

cdhale

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
heh, heh, heh...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1363818.ece

And I wonder how warm those folks in upstate NY are feeling right now?   I saw a guy in Saskatchewan complaining about the scorching heat of his -37 degree day...

Oh the heat!  I can't stand it!

clint

Online me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »
Quote from: cdhale;38787
heh, heh, heh...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1363818.ece

And I wonder how warm those folks in upstate NY are feeling right now?   I saw a guy in Saskatchewan complaining about the scorching heat of his -37 degree day...

Oh the heat!  I can't stand it!
Instead of declaring that the entire globe is heating up, would it be more fair to say that global weather patterns are changing? :smart:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

cdhale

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 03:38:07 PM »
Quote from: me again;38789
Instead of declaring that the entire globe is heating up, would it be more fair to say that global weather patterns are changing? :smart:

No, I would say it is just normal.  Then again, I guess it depends on your perspective.  If you mean, is it raining more in some places than it did 70 years ago, yeah, probably.  But if you stretch your time frame out to several thousand years, I would say is a normal ebb and flow of climate change.  So nothing out of the ordinary.

But if you think I am hardcore on this... read about the Czech Republic's president's comments regarding global warming:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

clint

cdhale

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 08:23:52 AM »
Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251845,00.html

clint

Online me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: cdhale;38833
Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251845,00.html
Cold weather is still significant and can still kill.  But that doesn't minimize the fact that global temperatures are the warmest in recorded history, coupled with other record breaking heat-temperatures on a regional level.  Just because we have global warming doesn't mean that there aren't cold spots on the planet; neither does it mean that the seasons have stopped, to include wintertime. ;)

My .02 :D

cdhale

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »
Thats OK, me again. I don't care if you are wrong on this one. Go ahead...at least I am not calling you crazy like the president of the Czechs.
Oh, and I don't think any credible scientist says they are the warmest temperatures ever. They always say something along the lines of being the warmest since the last ice age or in the past 1000 years or 70 years or whatever.  Just thought I would point that out.

ha
clint

Online me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 01:12:56 PM »
LOL :lol:

It is now March 14 here in beautiful southwest Florida.  My air conditioner is on and some old guy just walked past with a t-shirt on.  The weather is warm right now and it's about 1:00 PM.  The glass on my car's window is hot from the sun.  Crickets chirping in February and t-shirt weather in March????? Hummmmmm something's up -- at least down here on a regional level!!!!

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
Again, reliable weather records are only about a century old.  According to the bible, the earth is about 6,000 years old.

That means the weather records represent 0.01% of the total weather that the earth has had (excluding the major changes that must have happened after the flood).  Hardly a representive sample for the doomsayers to build their theories on.
John O

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter