620 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Evangelism Ideas  (Read 2070 times)

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Evangelism Ideas
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:10:40 PM »
Does anyone out there have any good ideas for evangelism?  I thought I'd open a thread for all of us to share some ideas.

I thought of one today during pre-service prayer-

Most supermarkets and retail stores have a public bulletin board in the breezeway/foyer for people to hang ads on.

I thought of making a church advertisement, with tear-a-way cards on the bottom for people to have information about our church on the front, with a plan of salvation on the back....

Any other ideas out there?
John O

st_michael

Re: Evangelism Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »
"Evangelize Always. Sometimes use words."
Saint Francis of Assisi

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
I actually had another idea last night during prayer-

Have someone who gets the local papers every day clip out stories where people need some type of help, and then coordinate an effort to help them.

We already are launching a ministry to help single parents with various physical needs, so this might dovetail into that...

Michael, I agree!  That's why we are using acts of Christian love before we open our mouths.
John O

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »
I particularly like the guys who stand outside of bars in tourist areas like Beale St in Memphis and scream at passers by, "Repent or Burn!!!!!!!!"
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 03:41:47 PM »
It worked for Jesus and John the Baptist...:orange: :orange:
John O

cdhale

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
I have always liked (for the most part) the work of Win and Charles Arn (father and son) and their Church Growth, Inc.  They have products available for differing situations, from working with Senior Citizens to improving the familial aspects of the congregation to simple outreach.  I have personally  used their "Learning to Love," "Masters Plan for Evangelism" and been to the "Reaching Unchurched Families in Your Community" Seminar.  They were all  useful and beneficial.

In fact, I will soon do the "Masters Plan" seminar here in my own congregation.

clint

Offline Zaph

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 11:14:32 AM »
It is my opinion that true success will only come as we use the same methods as Jesus used. He mingled with sinners not to take part in their actions but as one who desired their good. Often He'd help them with their temporal needs then asked them to follow Him.

There is a cliche that has a lot of truth in it.....

"People don't care what you know until they know how much you care."

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 05:06:25 PM »
We are actually starting a ministry called "Doulos Ministry".  (Gr. for servant)

It is a ministry geared toward helping single parents, particullarly women, with common household things that generally cost alot for a contractor to do, but would be something we could have some volunteers do for free or for the cost of supplies.

Single parents could either be from pregnant outside marriage, seperation/divorce, incarceration of one spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend, or military duty...

I think it will explode!  The only hesitation will be the people who will try to take advantage of the situation...but I'm trusting we'll have the discernment to weed them out.
John O

Brotherdavid

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 12:10:58 PM »
Pray until the Spirit comes.... then go out and let everyone watch you burn !!
Every true Spiritual work of God follows much prayer and fasting, and when you pray; pray specifically for HUNGRY souls (not just physically), sometimes it takes more than a hot dog to win someone to the Lord, when we get our own flesh under subjection through prayer and fasting, we stand a much better chance of genuine things happening, some people we meet have demons, and sicknesses, just loving someone and caring about them is great, but many in our world need the delivering power of the Holy Ghost !! I'm not taking about some man-made method called "The sinners prayer" or a "Roman road" If you want to feed people, FEED people !! But, this alone with little prayer, and little true love for souls will avail little.... We MUST do as Jesus did, HE said GREATER things shall ye do..... Jesus (and the Apostles) healed the sick, cast out devils on a regular basis, this was common place. Some in the denominational world have gone so far as to make statements, or even form doctrines that teach against the power of God, saying things like "those things are history, and not for today" or even to make the blasphemic statement that:"those things are of the devil". Hebrews 13:8- Jesus Christ the same yesterday,and today, and for ever. God certainly has not changed...
and the method for revival witnessed by the ingathering of souls has not changed either...... 2 Chronicles 7:14- If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray,and seek my face,and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven,and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. God said if we will, then He will !!
We must pray that God would lead us to people that hunger for His word....
We must "FEED" people the pure word of God. There is no program, seminar, or man-made method that will accomplish this. Evangelism is : sitting at someone's kitchen table teaching them a Bible study.....

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter