459 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Transsexual  (Read 1186 times)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Transsexual
« on: February 25, 2007, 01:47:36 AM »
Let me pose a not so hypothetical question. Today pastors are confronted with some very difficult and unique problems. Let me pose one and I would like to see how you would deal with it if you were confronted with it.

A person, male or female during their lost life decides to become the opposite gender by drugs or having surgery. (a transsexual) Then some time later they become a Christian. Should they live as their new gender our revert back as much as possible and live as what they were born as even if they could no longer perform sexually in that gender?

If you say that they should revert back would you put them out of the church if they refuse?

If you say that they can remain in the man made gender can they have a spouse of the opposite sex of their man made gender?
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: Transsexual
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:32:10 AM »
Interesting hypothetical scenario.

My first answer is it would never happen in a million years. I can't see a transexual admitting that their pursuit to be something other than God created them to be as wrong.

but if it did........

If it was a surgical change and they had a womans "equipment" I would say they should live as a woman. I would say that celibacy would be required for two reasons. First, because even if they have the womans "equipment" they were born a man so it is really homosexuality if they are with a man and if they were to be with a woman they both have female "equipment" so that would be lesbianism. The second reason is there is no way another saved person would go for any of the above scenarios.  

I don't know alot about it but if it is the drug/hormone induced change I think they revert back to whatever it is they were after they quit taking the drugs.

Life was a lot easier when God just had people stone freaks like these.

The more complex question is how should a hermaphrodite live? Someone who is naturally born with both male and female sex organs. Should they just pick a team and go for it? Should they have surgery to equip them to be one or the other?
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 07:16:16 AM »
Quote from: saved;38931
Then some time later they become a Christian. Should they live as their new gender our revert back as much as possible and live as what they were born as even if they could no longer perform sexually in that gender?
If God made them a man, then they should live as a man.  A Godless doctor can remove the penis of a patient, but he is no less of a man, even though he is lacking an appendange.  Similarly, a doctor can remove the arm of a man, the the loss of that appendange does not make him any less of a man in God's sight.  God knew what he designed from the begining and man cannot change it.

If you say that they should revert back would you put them out of the church if they refuse?
If they refuse to live as a man, then they are still in apostasy and they should not be allowed to work in or for the church.  If they continue in apostasy, then they should be shunned.

If you say that they can remain in the man made gender can they have a spouse of the opposite sex of their man made gender?
If God originally designed someone as a man, then he cannot live with another man in a sexual way.  To do so is an abomination.

The same goes for women who go to Godless doctors who try surgically turn them into men.  The Godless doctor does not have the ability to turn a woman into a man.  The doctor may add what he calls a penis, but the woman is still just a woman and she can never be a man in the sight of God or in the sight of the elect.  It is an abomination.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 07:48:50 AM »
I actually had a situation in my life recently that made me think about this....

First, the hormones required to pull this off are so unhealthy to the person, it drastically shortens their lives.  I met one person doing this and he/she was in kidney failure, and had 3 heart attacks in the last two years.

Gal 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked . A man reaps what he sows. 8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life
NIV

I agree with Tom and Me Again- it is extremely unlikely that these people will ever see the truth of the Gospel.  They have bought the lie of the devil to such a degree, their hearts are seared as with a hot iron, and are blind to truth, (no matter which version of predestination you subscribe to).

In the hypothetical that they would be saved, I'd use the following guide from scripture:

1 Cor 7:17-24

17 Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts. 20 Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him. 21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you-although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24 Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.
NIV

As far as the hermaphrodites, I would do genetic studies to see which chromosomes they carry.  Many of these people may have both sexual organs, but one doesn't work so well.  If a clear gender marker can be identified, then do the operation to finish the job.

If not, then I think this scripture applies:

Matt 19:12 For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."
NIV
John O

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter