323 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Taking my Comprehensive Exam at UWA  (Read 5530 times)

cdhale

Taking my Comprehensive Exam at UWA
« on: April 27, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »
Well, I am off in a little bit to take my comps.

I had to find a monitor and the principal of the local Catholic school agreed to do it for me. She isn't even charging me anything, except to pray for the school.

I am a little nervous as the test will cover courses I took nearly two years ago.  But if I pass this, I am in the middle of my final class and will graduate late next month.  Thats cool.

I hope to do some adjunct teaching for a little while.

So pray for me to remember my studies well.  I don't expect to blow the doors off this thing, but I would love to just squeak by, if you know what I mean.

clint

cdhale

Re: Taking my Comprehensive Exam at UWA
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
I am back. I think I did OK.  I will let you know when the grade comes back.

clint

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 06:48:44 AM »
Outstanding Clint!  Exactly what will your degree be in?  After what I've experienced in a doctoral program, I would advise you to stop now while you're ahead. The process is ugly, brutal and hard! :eek:

me again
AA Los Angeles Valley College, general education, 1984
BS International College, business management, 2001
MA University of South Florida, criminology, 2003
Working on: DBA Northcentral University, criminal justice administration, passed comps and am now in the research phase
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

cdhale

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 08:13:34 AM »
My current degree is a MAT (master of arts in teaching) with an emphasis in English.  It basically qualifies me to teach junior college.

At present, I have no desire to go for a PhD.  Maybe someday...

clint

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08:15 AM »
Cool  Congradulations again!.  Can you please post a link to the school/program that you graduated from?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

cdhale

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 10:42:37 AM »
Well, I am still awaiting the results of the exam and have to finish the final course (which I am currently taking) before I graduate. Should be late May when that happens.

it is at UWA.  

clint

kevingaily

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 09:05:08 PM »
Hey bro - hope ya did well!! :)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »
Oh ya, I'm sure Clint did well on his comps.  He's one of those smart people.

st_michael

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 11:03:47 PM »
Quote from: cdhale;39365
the principal of the local Catholic school agreed to do it for me. She isn't even charging me anything, except to pray for the school.

Hello Clint,

I pray you did well...  Please what is the name of the Catholic school and the Principle so I may say a prayer with you for them...

cdhale

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 08:41:22 AM »
The school is Sacred Heart Catholic School in Danville, VA.  The Principal's name is Kimberly Meadows.  She was absolutely wonderful throughout the who process.  UWA was a bit unorganized regarding the administration of the test, but she actually went the extra mile making sure everything was taken care of.  I usually try to make sure everything gets done, but due to the nature of administering the test, there were some things that I simply couldn't do as the student and she did it, even though she has plenty of her own responsibilities at the school.  I certainly appreciated it.

cdhale

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 10:02:42 PM »
BTW, I forgot to post this earlier, but I did pass my Comps.  Also, I completed my final course with an "A" so I should have all my requirements for my Masters.  I haven't gotten the official word, but all should be in order.

clint

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 06:22:36 AM »
I saw your posting at DegreeInfo.com.  Congradulations on getting a Masters degree!!!!  You can now revel in your glory -- and it won't fade for at least a year!!!! :dance:

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter