601 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: An AIDS solution?  (Read 1976 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
An AIDS solution?
« on: April 28, 2007, 07:26:09 AM »
Wow, what an interesting article! :eek:    A homegrown version of HIV prevention known as "serosorting" has increased dramatically among gay men in San Francisco, according to a newly published survey providing a snapshot of the evolving epidemic a quarter-century after it appeared.

Serosorting is choosing to have unprotected anal intercourse only with partners of the same HIV status -- uninfected men having sex only with HIV-negatives, while infected men seek out only HIV-positive partners.  The practice evolved in the gay community without the kind of institutional support given to programs encouraging condom use and reducing the number of sexual partners.

In research published today in the American Journal of Public Health, Dennis Osmond and colleagues at UCSF found that 27 percent of gay men in San Francisco practiced serosorting...
[/color]Click here for the full story.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

cdhale

Re: An AIDS solution?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »
I have a cure for aids

Never have sex with anyone that you are not married to (must be man-woman marriage).  Make sure your spouse does not have sex with anyone else, either.

You never have to worry about AIDS.  If everyone would simply follow God's plan, AIDS (and other STDs) would be eliminated in a generation.

duh

clint

Online John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »
There are many different strains of HIV, so this "sero-sorting" thing doesn't work either.  If anything, from the medical perspective, this would only make matters worse for the people involved and destroy any benefit from the anti-virals that hold the disease at bay if the medications and your body have to fight multiple strains of the same virus.

It's like putting 30 locks on the door of your immune system, and then giving the local burglar the master keys and all of the individual keys.....stupid....

And on top of it....these brain surgeon's at the SF Chronicle are spinning this like it's responsible behavior, all while ignoring the fact that if you are HIV positive and remain sexually promiscuous, you most likely also have Herpes, are very susceptible to Hepatitis C and a host of other diseases that immunosurpressed people get....and that trashes their immune system even further.

As one of my paramedic instructors said along time ago....stupid people are good for the gene pool, they cull the herd by their actions.

You know, I admit that sometimes I read in Revelations about the judgements that God is going to levy on the planet, and I wonder at the verses that say that man refuses to repent.  I almost can't comprehend someone not turning to God when rivers turn to blood, and big chunks of rock start falling from the sky....

Then I read something like this...and I repent and say, "Lord, we deserve all of this and worse...."
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 02:40:22 PM »
I'm sure that everybody here thought of Romans chapter one after reading the article:    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
[/color]
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
I've got a cure for AIDS.........

Never mind.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

kevingaily

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »
Quote from: cdhale;39374
I have a cure for aids

Never have sex with anyone that you are not married to (must be man-woman marriage).  Make sure your spouse does not have sex with anyone else, either.

You never have to worry about AIDS.  If everyone would simply follow God's plan, AIDS (and other STDs) would be eliminated in a generation.

duh

clint

Well, add one other thing.... don't share needles! :D  Straight folks can get aids, and other stuff, from using contaminated needles.

The remaining extreme few that get in contact with body fluids in an other than sexual or drug use way and get HIV is almost nil, but it can happen. Nevertheless, that number would be so few, that the disease would die off still if the above recommendations were followed.

Online John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »
Straight folks can get AIDS from sexual contact also.  Women carry slightly more risk in that catagory, as lets just say most of the fluid contact is going one way (male to female), and unless a man has a weak immune system or broken skin on his gentials, it's a little harder for him to get it.
John O

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter