377 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Are people elected to Hell?  (Read 11105 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Are people elected to Hell?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »
After Jesus performed a bunch of miracles, to include raising Lazarus from the dead, many people still could not believe in Him. Here's why:

Quote from: John 12:37-43, NIV
Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:

"Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"

For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:

"He has blinded their eyes
      and deadened their hearts,
   so they can neither see with their eyes,
      nor understand with their hearts,
      nor turn—and I would heal them."

Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.  Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
Quote from: me again;43868
After Jesus performed a bunch of miracles, to include raising Lazarus from the dead, many people still could not believe in Him. Here's why:

Very thought provoking post, Me Again.  IMO, God knew/knows who will be conformed to the likeness of His Son Jesus, and those who will not.  But He does not make that decision for us during our human lifetime.  But rather, He gave us all free will to either make a decision for Him or against Him during our human lifetime.  Leaving it up to us, as I said before, to make that decision during that time frame in each of our lives.

Our salvation is not automatic as you know and we must make a decision for Christ in order to fulfill God's foreknowledge of it.  As seen in Jn.3:16 and 18.

Blessings,

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »
Quote from: Quasar;43881
God knew/knows who will be conformed to the likeness of His Son Jesus, and those who will not.  But He does not make that decision for us during our human lifetime.  But rather, He gave us all free will to either make a decision for Him or against Him during our human lifetime.  Leaving it up to us, as I said before, to make that decision during that time frame in each of our lives.
The Lord reveals His pleasure to some people and hides it from others. That's why Jesus said the following:

Quote from: John 10:21, NIV
At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
The Lord has hidden salvation from the damned and he has revealed salvation to His spiritual children. :eek:

And a recap of what Isiah wrote is necessary too:

Quote from: John 12:37-43, NIV
"Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"

For this reason they could not believe[/u], because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:

"He has blinded their eyes
and deadened their hearts,
so they can neither see with their eyes,
nor understand with their hearts,
nor turn
—and I would heal them."

We cannot accept Jesus or believe in Him [unto salvation] unless God allows us to. :faint: :smack:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »
The Purpose of the Parables

Mark 4:

10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that

“they may indeed see but not perceive,
and may indeed hear but not understand,
lest they should turn and be forgiven.”

John 8:
47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

John 17:

6 “I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word."

John 17:

9 I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them.

2 Thessalonians 2:

11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »
Quote by Me Again:

>>>We cannot accept Jesus or believe in Him [unto salvation] unless God allows us to.<<<  

Q:  Or might it be better said, that no one comes unto Jesus unless the Father draws them?  Jn.6:44.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2009, 12:04:29 PM »
Quote from: Quasar;43899
Quote by Me Again:

>>>We cannot accept Jesus or believe in Him [unto salvation] unless God allows us to.<<<  

Q:  Or might it be better said, that no one comes unto Jesus unless the Father draws them?  Jn.6:44.
Ahhhhh yes, but I was scared to quote the scripture for fear that someone would accuse me of using it out of context. :smack: :heh:

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009, 12:11:24 AM »
That scripture lines up with classical Arminianism.  The Holy Spirit draws and empowers degenerate man to have the ability to accept Christ.
John O

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »
Quote from: me again;43900
Ahhhhh yes, but I was scared to quote the scripture for fear that someone would accuse me of using it out of context. :smack: :heh:

"Not I Lord?"  :D
John O

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »
And according to the Scriptures, God is the Holy Spirit, as revealed in Jn.4:24; 2 Cor.3:17-18, and inferred in Jn.1:18; Col.1:15 and in 1 Jn.4:12.

That God is Holy is found in Lev.11:44-45 and 1 Pet.1:15-16 among other places.  Therefore, God is the Holy Spirit, is He not?

Quasar

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2009, 12:46:35 AM »
God is not the Holy Spirit, The Holy Spirit is God. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are God. Three Persons which together are One God. Like an egg has a shell, a yolk and a white. Three very seperate components which together make one egg.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter