450 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Quiz: What's your theological worldview?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Zaph

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://
Quiz: What's your theological worldview?
« on: June 12, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »
Just for fun.....  What's your theological worldview?

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Re: Quiz: What's your theological worldview?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 05:17:29 PM »
Big surprise  :lol:

You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
John O

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »
You scored as a Fundamentalist
You are a fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths

Reformed Evangelical was listed at 93%
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

kevingaily

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 11:12:29 PM »
Close call between fundy and evangelical/wesleyan. I admit I didn't know how to answer a few especially when they mentioned a few theologians theology. I think I put in the middle on them to "play it safe." So my actual score could be a little different had I researched those people before doing the survey.

I also don't agree that science is opposed to faith as it says in my summary. Science supports it, just not slanted science that is a religion to atheists who worship evolution.

Lastly, I believe there is a place for gifts in today's church, just not some of the foolishness I've seen in some churches. Thus I think it penalized me on the Pentecostal score as my thoughts can be a bit jaded because of the abuse.

You scored as a Fundamentalist
You are a fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths.

Fundamentalist

93%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

89%

Reformed Evangelical

75%

Neo orthodox

64%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

54%

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 05:09:56 AM »
Quote from: kevingaily;39835
I admit I didn't know how to answer a few especially when they mentioned a few theologians theology. I think I put in the middle on them to "play it safe." So my actual score could be a little different had I researched those people before doing the survey.

Yeah, i didn't know those guys either. I suspect if I had I would have ended up soliddly in the Reformed category.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

cdhale

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 08:21:39 AM »
I find such tests flawed (though often fun) as you mention.  For instance, there is no doubt that the scriptures say that Mary is to be called "blessed" for all generations.  So do I think she was something special?  of course.

Does that mean that I believe in some of the Roman Catholic doctrine surrounding her? No.

Yet, that doesn't leave you a proper way to answer.  If you say yes, she is special, it says you are Catholic.  If you say no, then you didn't answer properly.

So yeah, if you are wondering, it basically told me that I was 93% Catholic.  

I am not.

More like 50%, IMHO

clint

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 08:55:20 AM »
I retook it after looking up the two theologians.  My first two didn't change at all:

You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

100%  
Fundamentalist

79%  
Neo orthodox

68%  
Reformed Evangelical

68%  
Charismatic/Pentecostal

68%  
Emergent/Postmodern

54%  
Classical Liberal

39%  
Modern Liberal

21%  
Roman Catholic

11%
John O

Offline Zaph

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »
93%

71%
Reformed Evangelical

68%
Fundamentalist

50%
Neo orthodox

43%
Charismatic/Pentecostal

39%
Classical Liberal

36%
Emergent/Postmodern

25%
Modern Liberal

4%
Roman Catholic

RevNorth

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 01:15:36 AM »
Hmmm....I too was Evangelical Weslyan Holiness followed closely by Neo Orthodox (86% and 82%).  When I took it a second time I ended up even more Evag Weslyan Holiness (92 % followed by Neo Orthodox and RCC at 79%)

Rev North

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 07:36:56 AM »
Quote from: RevNorth;39893
Hmmm....I too was Evangelical Weslyan Holiness followed closely by Neo Orthodox (86% and 82%).  When I took it a second time I ended up even more Evag Weslyan Holiness (92 % followed by Neo Orthodox and RCC at 79%)

Rev North

It's good to have a friend here....welcome back North!  :D
John O

RevNorth

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 04:34:13 PM »
I took it a third time and came up as Neo Orthodox followed closely by Weslyan.  I know who Barth is but not PT Forsyth.

You scored as a Neo orthodox
You are neo-orthodox. You reject the human-centredness and scepticism of liberal theology, but neither do you go to the other extreme and make the Bible the central issue for faith. You believe that Christ is God's most important revelation to humanity, and the Trinity is hugely important in your theology. The Bible is also important because it points us to the revelation of Christ. You are influenced by Karl Barth and P T Forsyth.

Neo orthodox
 89%  

86%  

Roman Catholic

79%  
Emergent/Postmodern

61%  
Reformed Evangelical

57%  
Fundamentalist

50%  
Classical Liberal

46%  

Modern Liberal

36%  

Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter