581 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Spike in Food Prices  (Read 1470 times)

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Spike in Food Prices
« on: July 02, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
The Seals
 1I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
 3When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

5When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart[a] of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages,[c] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

I've been reading and seeing alot of news reports saying that food prices will be rising sharply in the next 6 months, largely because of the conversion of corn to ethanol for fuel.  Here's a few

Milk- over $4 a gallon
Ground Beef- over $3 a pound

Are we seeing the beginnings of fullfilled prophecy?  Could the "oil" literally be our (and other countries) thirst for gasoline driving a nation or world wide famine?
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Spike in Food Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 07:08:54 AM »
When I first read the book of Revelation many years ago, the scripture rang out in my mind:   ...see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. (Rev. 6:6b)[/color]After reading it, my first thoughts were:
1. The oil in the Middle East.
2. The fact that industrial nations need oil to sustain their economies.
3.  Western nations need oil to sustain our lifestyles.
4.  At every gas/oil station, the driver can buy a six-pack of beer.  

Both oil (gas) and wine are very important to us in these last days and it's interesting that John-the-Revelator heard the prophetic voice from these last days saying, "hurt not the oil or the wine." :what:

BTW, making ethanol from corn is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.  We're depleting our soil for that??? We're sacrificing future food harvests for that??? :rolleyes:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter