317 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: FCC Complaint  (Read 6534 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: FCC Complaint
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:47 PM »
We should re-criminalize spitting on the sidewalk!!! It was once an arrestable offense in my city!!!  No spitting!!! :o

Seriously, times change, things change and people change. TV is reflective of what the public will tolerate. I rarely watch it. However, if the internet hadn't been invented, maybe I would watch TV more? Doh!!!  :o
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
I rarely watch it either. It's about all trash. As I grow older I'm becoming less tolerant of what I'm willing to listen to in my free time. I hear filth all day everyday at work. By the time I get home I feel like I've been swimming in a sewer for 12 hours. At home in my free time I crave wholesome and Godly things. I don't care to watch fighting, cursing or sexually explicit or deviant content.  That eliminates about all of the choices outside the Christian Networks. A good portion of the content on Christian satellite is garbage too. Not in a filthy way but most of the people on it are idiots.

John Hagee I like!
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 06:56:52 AM »
By the time I get home I feel like I've been swimming in a sewer for 12 hours.

When and how did you get hired by the sheriff department? Do you like it more then that last municipal job? How does the pay compare? Are you in patrol? I finally remembered to ask you!  :o

John Hagee I like!

It's hard to not like Hagee!  :D
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 09:26:11 AM »
When and how did you get hired by the sheriff department? Do you like it more then that last municipal job? How does the pay compare? Are you in patrol? I finally remembered to ask you!  :o

It's hard to not like Hagee!  :D

I got hired by the Sheriff's Dept in 2007 and yes I was able to transfer my time in the pension plan. It is much busier than the municipal dept. I worked at. The pay is almost double and yeah I like it and in patrol. I'm gonna send you some links via pm.

John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »
I was able to transfer my time in the pension plan.

Ahhhhh now you're talking my language!!!!  :D :o

Baptist-boy

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »
The FCC has not being doing anything with foul language is quite some time.  While I do not use that type of language I have not found the bible saying expletives are a sin.  The passage in James really does not name expletives and could simply be referencing all word which project a lack of love toward others.

We seem to want to make a nation of puritans and the puritans smoked, drank and at time had a touch of off color in their speech.  It is kind of like thinking the founding fathers were paragons of virtue.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 07:55:12 AM »
What does this passage mean:

Quote from: Matthew 5:33-37
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
  :o

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 12:30:48 PM »
What does this passage mean:
  :o

That passage is not referring to the use of profanity but to the taking of oaths. If you research oaths made by people in Scripture they almost universally end up badly. Oaths meaning I swear if I don't accomplish this I will do this etc. Jesus says don't do it.

Baptist-boy

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
e

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

there is only one that I know that diligently strives to promote filthy speech but he has many who seek to defend it.

What we are seeing here in the defense of the profane is this;

I doubt there is a word God has not heard or an act he has not seen and probably no one which was not spoke of the prophets.  Consider what Jeremiah was saying and Isaiah when he used feminine napkins as the opposite of God's righteousness.  The words we look at bad words were common in pre-victorian England.  However in todays world we have developed the curse and profane to a new level never herd before. I think (that sound odd) Paul was teaching in the same manner that he was when speaking regarding meats sacrificed to idols where he said ye you can do that by would you want to do something which would cause a brother to stumble.  Why would we want to do anything which would put a road block between your neighbors and the Grace of God.

We are ministers.  All of us even the non-set apart.  We minister Gods Grace to men and any language which betrays God's love in us is to be put away.  If we are led by the spirit of God then our goal is not to sound angry, not to sound base as if we partake of the things of the world, not to sound racially prejudice and filled with hate but to sound a men and women who live in house of a great King.

Paul would faint at the sound of school Kid's today and at the communication of some pastors.  I think The Apostle would ask us to introspect on our conversation to see if if reflects Grace or Christlikeness. If we are led by the spirit of God we will not judge a weaker brother but but be an example.  Certainly his or her salvation is not tied to communication and we are not judges but examples for we are led by the spirit.

One gets on thin ice when we begin to judge and correct and exclude from fellowship.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter