352 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Shrinking Sun  (Read 1508 times)

Shrinking Sun
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
In 1979, scientists Eddy and Boornazian announced that their studies of solar measurement records from Greenwich Observatory in England, and the US Naval Observatory in Washington, conclusively showed that the sun was shrinking. Its diameter was decreasing at a rate of almost six feet per hour.

There were potentially astounding implications from this announcement. The scientist knew this but went to great lengths to verify the veracity of their findings and found them to be accurate after checking and rechecking. Of course the Darwinians were quick to try to discredit the findings, they are still attempting today saying the sun is oscillating rather than shrinking . A recent Chinese scientists’ study, Professor Wan Lai, a research fellow at the Shanghai observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, has again verified the sun is shrinking. If it is shrinking at this rate this means that Fusion is not likely the cause of the sun’s energy. Additionally we know if nuclear fusion were the sole source of power, then we would expect to observe three times more neutrinos than we do coming from the sun, but we do not.

Before Darwin scientist thought that the sun’s energy was provided by gravitational collapse, through conversion of gravitational potential energy to heat and light as the sun’s gases collapse inwards. It appears that they were correct. The problem with this theory is that the age of the sun would be less than 7,000 years something unthinkable to the Darwinians. Even if the cause of the sun were fission rather than fusion the life expectancy of the sun would be only 500 million years, another unthinkable thought for the Darwinians. Don’t look for this to ever be accepted as a possibility with the pagans in our scientific academies they would loose their jobs if they were to think this way, they hate new science it seems.

What does the Bible say about the sun? The prophets of old talked about the sun dying at the end. Joel 2:31 says “The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD” 3:15 . “The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars no longer shine”. Amos 8:9 "In that day," declares the Sovereign LORD, "I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight. Y’shua said in Matt 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken and also Mark 13:24 But in those days, following that distress, " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, etc.
The good news is that after the sun dies we will no longer need it. Rev. 21:23The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. There are more passages but I think you get the picture.

A recent module I read the author was not very charitable about the idea of the shrinking sun but he gave at lot of undeserved credence to the pagan scientist in my humble opinion. I enjoyed the authors takes nevertheless. I am not starting this thread to debate whether the sun is shrinking or not. I bring this up as recently I have read some articles that seem to show strange things happening to our sun. The intensity of the sun's million-mile-per-hour solar wind has dropped to its lowest levels since accurate records began half a century ago, scientists say. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080924193222.3r9aw25a&show_article=1
Another recent article “Sun Makes History: First Spotless Month in a Century

Perhaps these are labor pains and we might be getting near the end? Just a thought please don’t stone me! What do you think?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Shrinking Sun
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing the fascinatingarticle. Could it be true? It sounds plausible!!! :high5:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter