434 Guests, 0 Users

Poll

Is global warming real?

lobal warming is contrived and is simply a natural fluctuation in temperatures.
3 (75%)
lobal warming is real.
1 (25%)
ot sure.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Is global warming real?  (Read 2528 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Is global warming real?
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
In your opinion, is global warming real -- or is it contrived?

Rev. 8:7 :eek:
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Re: Is global warming real?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »
It's a garbage theory based of junk science.
John O

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »
There isn't a doubt in the world it is as real as the nose on your face.  One needs only to observe the melting ice of both the arctic as well as the antarctic regions, and every glacier in the world, including the Andes.  To the extent that there will eventually be severe water shortages in many places on earth as well as rising seas and disappearing islands of the oceans.

Peace

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 08:35:36 AM »
Only if your nose is a prosthetic
:D

I don't know that global temps are warming as fast as the nuts flying in their private jets into Copenhagan and then driving their SUV limos to the conference are making it out to be.  I just look at this using their own logic-

They believe the earth is around 4 billion years old.

We have maybe 125 years of accurate weather data,and even that is spotty, but for arguements sake, I'll give that to them.

That is a representive sampling of .00000003125%

I'm not a statisical wizard by any means (makes my nose bleed), but I can't think we can logically and honestly state with any certainty what the weather is going to do 24 hours from now much less predict major catastrophies in the next decade.

Furthermore, I see no real proof that human beings are a significant reason for this.  Again, everytime the "silver bullet" of data is revealed that is supposed to put to rest any doubts, we find out within a year that data was cooked to make it look like global warming is real.

So, in the end, I can't believe in something with no proof.
John O

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 12:17:01 AM »
You have to be kidding!  What so you mean, "no proof?"  The proof of it is all around you, John.  What are the reasons you think global warming is contrived nonsense?

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 05:53:59 AM »
Did you read my post?  The "facts" are logically inconsistant.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 09:10:47 PM »
Yep, I most certainly do believe in global warming from a qualitative perspective. Somewhere in the bible, it says that in the last days that it will get so hot that sores will form on the skins of men. If you don't know where the scripture is, then I will find it for you!!! :biggrin:

Horrific events will unfold in the last days before the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Will believers in Jesus be immune from trials and tribulations? To know the answer to this futuristic question, we simply need to look at the past. Were Christians immune from the concentration camps of Nazi Germany where millions were killed? No. Were Christians immune from Russian Gulag camps during and after WWII? No. Were the souls under the alter of God immune from persecution? No.

The end of time is rapidly coming to an end. Granted, it may have seemed like the end to Christians in the Nazi concentration camps and in the Russian gulags, but the end was not yet. When we are in pain, we unquestionably question "why"? :frown: However, the Lord has His timetable, which may not measure up to our timetable.

So yes, I believe that global warming is here to stay and is a part of prophecy and will get worse from this point forward.

Jesus said, "He who endures to the end will I grant the crown of life." :frown:

Jesus is coming and His reward is with Him to reward every man as he has done. :eek:

I have read so many different bible translations that it's becoming difficult to find supporting scriptures.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »
Amen to that Me Again!  YOu know, it's a fact that many of us during WW2 thought Hitler was the antichrist and that Mussolini was the false prophet.  But they were nothing more than fore-runners for the Satan empowered one yet to come.

You can rest assured, the Church will not be on the earth when the sun scortches people on the earth in the fourth bowl judgement in Rev.16:8, because we will all be in heaven with the Lord, as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28 before the seven year tribulation begins.

Blessings,

Quasar

kevingaily

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
I remember growing up that they thought global cooling was coming and we were headed for another ice age.... Point being that the earth is not static, but always changing.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »
Quote from: kevingaily;44991
I remember growing up that they thought global cooling was coming and we were headed for another ice age.... Point being that the earth is not static, but always changing.
I completely agree with your analysis. Conversely, the bible says that there is coming a time when the sun will scorch men -- and it has to get pretty hot to do that. Questions:
  • To fulfill the bible prophecy about the sun scorching men: Will the earth suddenly get hot, where the sun starts scorching people?
  • Or will the earth gradually heat up until men are scorched by the sun? And is the earth gradually being heated up now to fulfill the prophecy about people being scorched by the sun?

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 09:54:54 PM »
It depends on your escatological beliefs.
John O

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »
Quote from: John Oscar;44987
Did you read my post?  The "facts" are logically inconsistant.

Q:  Tell that to the polar bears in the arctic who are finding less and less ice in order to hunt the food they need to survive with.

I'm sure glad I'm not living on some of the Pacific atols I was on during WW2!  Nothing but coral reefs several feet above the surface of the ocean.  Many of which inundated by the tsunamim from the earthwquake at Dutch Harbor, Alaska in '46!  Were we ever lucky not to have been there then.

Quasar

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
Less and less ice is probably good for the polar bears since their primary source(s) of food live in or around the water.  :snicker:

I have no doubt the earth cycles through periods of hot/cold, wet, dry, ect.  I'm just not jumping both feet into the horrible science that goes along with what is popularly being termed as global warming.  All the "proofs" you have mentioned are anecdotal in nature, and not hard science.

We have no idea how large the polar caps were 200 years ago, much less 2000 years ago, much less (if you believe in evolution/old earth), 2,000,000,000 years ago.  We have 100 years or so of reliable global weather data.  Again, you can't produce a predictive model of anything based off such a small sampling, and certainly can't say what is causing it!

Simple math, simple logic...

Quasar, please, please look at who is behind these theories.  I'm the least conspiracy believing person out there, but many of these people make Nazi's look down right neighborly in comparison...they have bought the lie of the enemy hook, line, and sinker, and they are dragging countless thousands to hell with their worship of nature.

Rom 1:20-25
 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. NKJV
John O

Offline RevJWWhiteJr

• Pre-Trib, Partial Rapturist
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • The Partial Rapture Forum
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
Global Warming is a man made theory of a natural fluctuation of our weather patterns. Our climate has been changing "naturally" ever since the water reseeded from Noah's flood.

Our own sun has more effect on our climate than anything man could do to this planet.

Climate change is real. Global warming is based on mankind’s influence on our climate, and is "nearly" null and void.
Author: The Partial Rapture "Theory" Explained / Escaping The Coming Storm

The Partial Rapture Forum : partialrapture.net
Email directly at revjwwhitejr@aol.com

Baptist-boy

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 03:26:56 AM »

The problems with Global Warming is that it is a process.  Warming is a misnomer and should be called Global Chaotic weather.  With the melting of glacial ice the ocean begins to develop hot spot and cold spot the current flow of these create changing weather patterns.  We certainly notice the change over the last few years.  The weather data files are not complete and reflect only the age of technology, however these are augments from data from ships logs going back many years and other such sources.  There is an ongoing project of entering bat caves an core sampling guano.  The dropping of the bats can tell what they ate and analyze the variation in the the content.  This information can give climatic details because as weather changes so will the food source of the Bats and fossilized guano.  This type of data from a number of animals is being gathered as I write.  There are studies from the great depths of oceans which is being looked at.

It is to early to make any scientific statement beyond the observational.  On the other hand as educated persons we should be open to scientific data.  Al Gores film my be correct but it is much to soon to accept it as fact.  So what shall we do?  Common sense tells us to try to present great carbon foot prints in our environment.  if the data is wrong taking some kind of evasive action is better than waiting till there is no point.

research is hard to evaluate and finding the data had been skewed in  purposeful misrepresentation does make the scientific much harder and injures creditability of workers while terrifying Joe Public.  Be safe, use common sense and be suspicious of statistics.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter