551 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: If "Only God hath immortality." (I Timothy 6:16).  (Read 4104 times)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Re: If "Only God hath immortality." (I Timothy 6:16).
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »
Quote from: Quasar;45732
According to 1 Cor.15:52-54, the bodies of all those resurrected will be changed in a twinkling of an eye, from perishable to imperishable and from mortal to immortal.

The second resurrection of Rev.20:5, just before the GWT judgement, in Rev.20:11-15, is described in Dan.12:2, where some will awake to everlasting life and others to shame and evelasting contempt.

Those who are relegated to everlasting contempt will have the very same bodily changes the righteous ones will have.  No perishable human body can last forever or keep from burning up.  See Isa.66:24 and Mk.9:48.

Quasar

That is all well and good, but it does not answer my question. Perhaps I was not clear in what I wrote. When a person dies they either go to heaven or hell unless you believe in soul sleep. Let's not get into semantics on the terms heaven and hell. So if as you have suggested that both the lost and the saved's spirit go to be with the Lord what part of the lost person goes into hell at death?
Also I have one more question that has been lingering. Was/is Jesus God. Not a god or another god, but the one and only God of the bible?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:47:41 AM by saved »
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
Quote from: Quasar;45727
Q: According to Ecc.12:7; 2 Cor.5:6-8; 1 Thes.4:14; Rev.6:9-11 and Rev.7:9-17, soul sleep is non-Scriptural.

I vehemently disagree with the soul sleepers interpretation of the scriptures, but conversely, I fully understand how they would believe that false interpretation.

Regarding the walking dead...

We're born with original sin, yet if a child dies before the age of accountability, then he goes to heaven. That's pretty interesting, if you think about it.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
What does the age of accountability have to do with anything?  If we are all predestined to heaven or hell, what difference would it make how old a person is?

Just arguing from a Calvinist perspective :p
John O

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »
Quote from: John Oscar;45738
What does the age of accountability have to do with anything?  If we are all predestined to heaven or hell, what difference would it make how old a person is?

I certainly do not hold that type of ultra Calvinist view.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »
Quote from: me again;45736
I vehemently disagree with the soul sleepers interpretation of the scriptures, but conversely, I fully understand how they would believe that false interpretation.

Regarding the walking dead...

We're born with original sin, yet if a child dies before the age of accountability, then he goes to heaven. That's pretty interesting, if you think about it.

Can you show us in the bible the age of accountability?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Quote from: saved;45740
Can you show us in the bible the age of accountability?
It's not in the bible. It's tradition. Is there an age of accountability? Is there an age when a person becomes eligible to go to hell? Are there any seven year old children in hell? How about 5 year old children? Again, at what age does a person become eligible to go to hell? It probably varies by the maturity level.

Quote from: John Oscar;45738

I think that God knows who are His sheep. He knows who will go to heaven and who will go to hell. Does He give more salvational advantages to His sheep?

The people who go to hell are fully condemned by their own actions, words and thoughts. They went to hell of their own free will -- or did they?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 08:46:15 AM »
Quote from: Quasar;45732
According to 1 Cor.15:52-54, the bodies of all those resurrected will be changed in a twinkling of an eye, from perishable to imperishable and from mortal to immortal.

The second resurrection of Rev.20:5, just before the GWT judgement, in Rev.20:11-15, is described in Dan.12:2, where some will awake to everlasting life and others to shame and evelasting contempt.

Those who are relegated to everlasting contempt will have the very same bodily changes the righteous ones will have.  No perishable human body can last forever or keep from burning up.  See Isa.66:24 and Mk.9:48.

Quasar

So what part of the person goes into hell at death if the spirit goes to God?And also is Jesus God? Not a god or another god, but the one and only God?

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
Quote from: saved;45746
So what part of the person goes into hell at death if the spirit goes to God?And also is Jesus God? Not a god or another god, but the one and only God?

Q: Have you ever heard of a dispatcher?  That's exactly what God is pertaining to where the spirit/souls go after their physical death.  

The spirit and the soul are an inseparable duo that can only be separated by God, as recorded in Heb.4:12, as God is Himself, who is Spirit, as found in Isa.1:14.  The soul consists of our character, personality, emotions and everything that Identifies us as a one of a kind unique person, whether in the natural body or in the spiritual body, as recorded in 1 Cor.15:44.  The spirit is the body for the soul.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »
Quote from: Quasar;45747
Q: Have you ever heard of a dispatcher?  That's exactly what God is pertaining to where the spirit/souls go after their physical death.  

The spirit and the soul are an inseparable duo that can only be separated by God, as recorded in Heb.4:12, as God is Himself, who is Spirit, as found in Isa.1:14.  The soul consists of our character, personality, emotions and everything that Identifies us as a one of a kind unique person, whether in the natural body or in the spiritual body, as recorded in 1 Cor.15:44.  The spirit is the body for the soul.

Quasar

So are you saying that the soul of the lost go to hell and the spirit of the lost returns to God?
Also is Jesus God? Not a god or another god, but the one and only God?

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »
Quote from: me again;45741
It's not in the bible. It's tradition. Is there an age of accountability? Is there an age when a person becomes eligible to go to hell? Are there any seven year old children in hell? How about 5 year old children? Again, at what age does a person become eligible to go to hell? It probably varies by the maturity level.

I think that God knows who are His sheep. He knows who will go to heaven and who will go to hell. Does He give more salvational advantages to His sheep?

The people who go to hell are fully condemned by their own actions, words and thoughts. They went to hell of their own free will -- or did they?

So if you admit that it is not in the bible doesn't that mean that you are adding to scripture and in danger of the punishments that scripture warns about?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 03:29:50 PM »
Quote from: saved;45749
So if you admit that it is not in the bible doesn't that mean that you are adding to scripture and in danger of the punishments that scripture warns about?
Yes, I confess that I believe things that are not in the bible. I also confess that I believe in certain traditions that were handed down from the apostles.

Would you like an example of something that isn't in the bible which I believe? :D

Ok!!! :drum:

Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus was married or unmarried. Neither does the bible say if Jesus did or did not have children. However, per the tradition that was handed down by the apostles, I accept their teaching that Jesus was unmarried and that He did not have children. This is NOT in the bible.

I admit that it is not in the bible. Does it mean that I am adding to scripture and that I am in danger of the punishments that scripture warns about? :boink:

Pray tell? :faint:

Snicker :snicker:

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
Quote from: me again;45750
Yes, I confess that I believe things that are not in the bible. I also confess that I believe in certain traditions that were handed down from the apostles.

Would you like an example of something that isn't in the bible which I believe? :D

Ok!!! :drum:

Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus was married or unmarried. Neither does the bible say if Jesus did or did not have children. However, per the tradition that was handed down by the apostles, I accept their teaching that Jesus was unmarried and that He did not have children. This is NOT in the bible.

I admit that it is not in the bible. Does it mean that I am adding to scripture and that I am in danger of the punishments that scripture warns about? :boink:

Pray tell? :faint:

Snicker :snicker:

That is where you are in error. The bible never teaches that The Lord was married. That is not tradition that is silence and should be held that way. The idea that He did marry is adding to scripture. You example is flawed. So again do you think that because you add to scripture you will suffer the judgments that scripture says one will for adding to scripture?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »
Quote from: saved;45751
That is where you are in error. The bible never teaches that The Lord was married. That is not tradition that is silence and should be held that way. The idea that He did marry is adding to scripture. You example is flawed. So again do you think that because you add to scripture you will suffer the judgments that scripture says one will for adding to scripture?
Tradition from the apostles teaches that Jesus was NOT[/b] married. However, the bible doesn't say that e.g. the bible is silent on the issue. So if I add a belief that Jesus was not married, even though the bible is silent on the issue, then will I suffer the judgments that scripture says one will for adding to scripture?

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Quote from: saved;45734
That is all well and good, but it does not answer my question. Perhaps I was not clear in what I wrote. When a person dies they either go to heaven or hell unless you believe in soul sleep. Let's not get into semantics on the terms heaven and hell. So if as you have suggested that both the lost and the saved's spirit go to be with the Lord what part of the lost person goes into hell at death?
Also I have one more question that has been lingering. Was/is Jesus God. Not a god or another god, but the one and only God of the bible?

Q: I said God is the dispatcher and sends all those who do not believe in Jesus Christ to Sheol/Hades/Hell until the GWTJ.  They were comdemned in the beginning, according to Jn.3:18.  While all believers go to be with the Lord in heaven, according to 2 Cor.5:6-8.

Ecc.12:7 tells you the body is returned to the dust and the spirit returns to God who gave it.  The spirit is the body for the soul. an inseparable integral duo that only God can separate, as recorded in Heb.4:12.  Seen also in Jesus parable about Lazarus and the rich man in Lk.16:22-23. [Although it is an exact profile of OT Sheol, when both the righteous and the wicked went there, until Jesus shed blodd to atone for the sins of the OT righteous].

Re your last question as to Jesus deity, see Ps.45:6-7; 110:1 and Isa.7:14.  When that had been fulfilled, it was repeated in Mt.1:23; 22:44 and in Heb.1:8-9.  Which has nothing to do with the wubject of this thread.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »
Quote from: saved;45748
So are you saying that the soul of the lost go to hell and the spirit of the lost returns to God?
Also is Jesus God? Not a god or another god, but the one and only God?

Q: Did you see where I wrote the spirit and the soul are an integral inseparable duo that only God can separate, from Heb.4:12?  That the soul is our character, personality, emotions and everything that make us a one of a kind unique person, whether in the human [natural] or the spiritual body?  That God, who is Spirit, also has a Soul?  Where the spirit goes, the soul goes with it.

The question as to Jesus deity has been addressed in my previous post.  There is God, who is the [invisible] Holy Spirit and Father of Jesus and Jesus the Son of God, according to the Scriptures.  Jn.1:18; 4:24; 2 Cor.3:17-18; Col.1:15; Lev.11:44-45; 1 Pet.1:15-16; Mt.1:20; Lk.1:32 and 35.

Quasar  

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter