489 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Masonic Lodge  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Masonic Lodge
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:43:38 AM »
There is a member in my church who is being "courted" to join the Masonic Lodge.  I have heard everything from this is a secret satanic organization, to it is a Christian organization that focuses on charity.  Do I have anything to worry about?

eegles2003

Re: Masonic Lodge
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »
i think so.  i have read certain things on it and know that they accept different views.  i think some are unbelievers or deists and some are christian, but they have a secret bond between each other in that they will help each other and be more committed to a brother in the lodge than they will to another believer in Christ.  yes they do give to charity but does that make this group ok?  not necessarily.   i think you have to ask yourself why do i want to join?

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »
My fellowship does not allow it's ministers to belong to the Mason's or any other secret order.

I don't know what to believe about the so-called satanic origens of Free-masonry.  What I do know is that any organization that requires absolute secrecy from it's members and at the same time is not overtly glorifying Jesus should be avoided by any Christian.
John O

Offline Danny

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »
Thank you for that input.  

I wonder if anyone else is out there that could shed some light on all of the symbols and secret ceremonies?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »
Masonry requires that candidates believe in a supreme being. Atheist aren't allowed to join. Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and Christians are allowed to join.  The Satanic conspiracy stuff is jibberish.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Stan

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »
It may be fake, but it is a great funder raiser for those who use scams to raise money.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
Masonry was popular about 100 years ago, but today, it's just a bunch of old men in a weird fraternity that is dying due to a lack of new memberships. And they can't retain the new members e.g. they join, see what it's about and then quit.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

RevNorth

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 12:04:16 AM »
Quote from: Danny;45283
There is a member in my church who is being "courted" to join the Masonic Lodge.  I have heard everything from this is a secret satanic organization, to it is a Christian organization that focuses on charity.  Do I have anything to worry about?

They have a long history and many great men have belonged (including George Washington).  They do alot of charity work (as I recall along the lines of a million dollars a day).  MeAgain is also correct that they are losing members.  People have more choices in things to do and do not join civic organizations like they used to.  Plus to join involves a great deal of memorization.

The Satanic nonsense is nonsense (utter misquotes from Albert Pike's writing).  Masons hold to many noble and chivalric standards but there are things in the oaths and generalization of religion (universalism) that should be of concern to Christians.  This is why many denominations do not support membership.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
There is a member in my church who is being "courted" to join the Masonic Lodge.  I have heard everything from this is a secret satanic organization, to it is a Christian organization that focuses on charity.  Do I have anything to worry about?

I know this is an old topic, BUT I just saw it...

Masonry is basically a mockery of Catholic Rites and Catholic teachings (specifically). It isn't so much a mockery of Protestantism. One must do a research of both Masonry and Catholicism to see the correlation between the two.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter