379 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Divorced Pastor  (Read 2093 times)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Re: Divorced Pastor
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »
There are two kinds of sinners

1 - Those who have been caught
2 - Those who have not been caught.

Truth is this, no one is worthy to be a Pastor. Not me, Not thee nor him, him and her.

We need to support each other, and support the pastor who has gone through pain and loss.

Well scripture totally disagrees with you. A man can be worthy and he has to be worthy to hold the position and the qualifications are give so we can determined if the man is worthy. While  understand that it is common today to stand against the word of God I am also reminded that the time will come when men will not endure sound doctrine.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Baptist-boy

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
'A free country such as the United States is designed to be exercised on a moral people."

THAT IS AN INTERESTING CONCEPT and  I WONDER WHERE THAT CAME FROM?  Mr. Franklin went to France and thought it good to embarrass the nation with sexual antics.  Mr. Jefferson went to France with his black female lave and shared the same bed and he wrote the constitution.  Where does this notion of morality come into American history?  Men are still the same and still in government.  Any morality in American government must have come from American Fantasy Comics because history says it did not happen.

Online me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
'A free country such as the United States is designed to be exercised on a moral people."

THAT IS AN INTERESTING CONCEPT and  I WONDER WHERE THAT CAME FROM?  Mr. Franklin went to France and thought it good to embarrass the nation with sexual antics.  Mr. Jefferson went to France with his black female lave and shared the same bed and he wrote the constitution.  Where does this notion of morality come into American history?  Men are still the same and still in government.  Any morality in American government must have come from American Fantasy Comics because history says it did not happen.

You make an excellent point that the nature of man has not changed from when men lived in 1776 to today.

Adam and Eve introduced "original sin" into humankind and we've been suffering from it ever since. Our nature from then until now remains the same.

Our American constitution appears to be somewhat unique in the history of humankind because it grants extraordinary freedoms to commoners, which is unprecedented -- or at least it was in 1776. Other western countries have now granted commoners great freedoms that were never previously experienced, especially in countries with monarchical histories of rule.

Hummmm I was going somewhere with this and I forgot the point I wanted to make!!! Doh!!!  :o
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Baptist-boy

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
Divorce for a pastor is only addressed twice and in the same grammar, man one woman.  That is really hard to make new legalism from thius little three words.

we do have some specific rules, don't fool around, don't commit adultery, don't mess with kids, leave animals alone and homosexuality is anathema from the church.  how many more legalisms do we need?  When a pastor ls divorced maybe the question to be examined is, WHY?  Did his wife take off with another man?  Did he have an affair.  What dynamics were going on the in the family which ended in the trauma of Divorce..  Finally the church is to be a redemptive society and under what circumstances can he be restored.  If we are looking at pure law if a pastor's wife runs off with another person he should be free to marry again.  Can he still marry again if he goes to law to obtain it. the divorce even if she ran off?

There is a whole lot of silliness regarding this matter and it gets really serious when people use fuzzy biased interpretation of the text  as in aner mias gunaikos.  One just can't base fooling with others lives on one verse let alone one section of one verse.  We are dealing with servants of the Lord who may not have violated the intent of this verse.  With ministers it is usually the wife who departs.  There has been years of tearing of the soul while he tries to juggle calling verses duty.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter