391 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: "The Basics of Shariah Law"  (Read 1290 times)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
"The Basics of Shariah Law"
« on: October 31, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »
Lt. Gen. (Ret.) W.G. Boykin encourages Americans to become better informed about Islam and Shariah law and discusses the basic conflicts between Shariah law and the US Constitution.
http://www.morningstartv.com/oak-initiative/basics-shariah-law
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Omniscience of God
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:31:23 AM »
While this may have been hashed over many times I am still left with some questions. Most of us hold that God is omniscient. However what we mean or understand by that varies and sometimes greatly. I hear some when speaking of God and Him being omniscient that He looks ahead and sees. What exactly does that mean? I would just like to know what some feel about this and what they hold as God being the omniscient God really means?
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Omniscience of God
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »
The Lord knows the past, the present and the future. Time as we know it is not a limitation to him. He transcends our mortal understanding. Where were we when he laid the foundations of the earth?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Danny

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
Quote from: me again;46155
The Lord knows the past, the present and the future. Time as we know it is not a limitation to him. He transcends our mortal understanding. Where were we when he laid the foundations of the earth?

This has always been fascinating to me.  God is also omnipotent, is He not?  Can an omnipotent God create human beings and truly give them the ability to choose freely?  If He created us knowing every choice we will make, are we truly free to make the choice?  Could it be that God sees the entire "maze" of our lives, if you will.  He knows every possible choice and where each choice leads, therefore, He is never surprised - He also has the ability to intervene and create the outcome which He desires?

I completely agree that "He transcends our mortal understanding".

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:24:49 AM »
Quote from: Danny;46242
This has always been fascinating to me.  God is also omnipotent, is He not?  Can an omnipotent God create human beings and truly give them the ability to choose freely?  If He created us knowing every choice we will make, are we truly free to make the choice?  Could it be that God sees the entire "maze" of our lives, if you will.  He knows every possible choice and where each choice lead-, therefore, He is never surprised - He also has the ability to intervene and create the outcome which He desires?

I completely agree that "He transcends our mortal understanding".
I'm no expert on predestiny, but it seems as if those who are damned are such because of their own choices. Conversely, are those who are saved given help by God to be saved, without which they would be damned? Are those who go to hell given that same help?

For example, I was hell bound, but the Lord (or one of his helpers) reached out to me and prevented me from going all the way down into the pit. Did other people in hell receive the same kind of "reaching out" by God? I do not know.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter