504 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: The Israel of God and the False Charge of "Replacement Theology"  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Lysimachus

• Author of Vindicating the Historicist Hermeneutic
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
The Israel of God and the False Charge of "Replacement Theology"
by Lysimachus

Does the Church really replace Israel?

Dispensationalism, in contrast to Covenant Theology, teaches that God has two distinct plans to save His people. One for Israel, the other for the Church. It has been argued by many who adhere to Dispensational ideology that those who subscribe to the notion that Israel is now realized in the Church is subscribing to a term they have coined known as "Replacement Theology". The negative connotation behind this term implies that in essence, they are try to accuse us of being "anti-semitic" in nature, that we have "replaced" Israel with the Church and that there is no longer hope for them.  In my paper entitled The Romans 11 Problem Concerning "All Israel", I argued the fact that we very much believe there is hope for any Jewish person on an individual basis, but that God has ceased to work with Israel as a national, distinct geopolitical entity in regards to finishing the work and carrying the keys of the gospel commission to the world.

In this paper, however, I will deal specifically with the charge that we believe the "Church" has "replaced Israel".

Contrary to popular opinion, we who believe that Israel is realized in the Church do not believe in "Replacement Theology". Those who truly understand the concept realize it to be "Continuation Theology", as God has always had a people for his name.

Please pay careful attention to the following typology:

The Church is Now the Caretaker of the Vineyard:

- Conditional Type (Israel is the Vineyard):

"(1) Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill: (2) And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes. (3) And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard. (4) What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes? (5) And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down: (6) And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it. (7) FOR THE VINEYARD OF THE LORD OF HOSTS IS THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry. (8 ) Woe unto them that join house to house, [that] lay field to field, till [there be] no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!" (Isaiah 5:1-8)

Thus we clearly see that the Vineyard is the House of Israel.

Now let us move on to see what this Vineyard consists of:

- Conditional Type (Vineyard would consist of Strangers):

"And they [the Gentile strangers] shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. And STRANGERS SHALL STAND AND FEED YOUR FLOCK, and the SONS OF THE ALIEN shall be your plowmen and your VINEDRESSERS." (Isaiah 61:4,5, see vs. 1-11 for full context)

As we can see, the prophecy in Isaiah 61:1-11 foretells of a day when the strangers would stand and feed the flock, and they would would be the husbandmen, or "vinedressers" of the Vineyard (Israel).

Now take careful notice to the fulfillment of this prophecy:

- Unconditional Antitype (The vineyard was taken from national Israel and given to another nation):

"Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away…. Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to vinedressers, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the vinedressers took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those vinedressers? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto OTHER VINEDRESSERS, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be TAKEN FROM YOU, and GIVEN to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." (Matthew 21:18, 19, 33-43)

At this point, there should be no doubt whatsoever that Christ in Matthew 21:33-43 is clearly alluding to Isaiah 5:1-8 and 61:1-11.

Now please notice the clear allusion Hosea makes concerning the outcasts of Israel (or strangers) as now becoming the people of God:

"Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that IN THE PLACE where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God....And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God." (Hosea 1:10; 2:23)

In Romans 9:25,26, Paul repeats these words of Hosea!

Let us raise the question: Who then would be the caretakers or operators of the vineyard (the House of Israel)?

Answer: The strangers and aliens in Isaiah 61:4-5 would become the operators of the Vineyard!

We see clearly how non-Jewish people become very much apart of Israel!

Now pay close attention:

Israel has not been replaced, its vinedressers have:

The kingdom (the Vineyard) was to be taken from them and given to a nation (the strangers) bringing forth the fruits thereof! The Church is the new husbandmen for the House of Israel, the Vineyard. We see therefore how "Israel" has not been "replaced", rather the husbandmen known as the "caretakers", or the "trustees", or the "operators" or the "vinedressers" have taken over Israel. That SAME kingdom "Israel" has now been given over to new operators, the Church! This is why it is an absolute fallacy to call this theology "Replacement Theology". If anything, it is "Continuation Theology". Israel has not been replaced; just its vinedressers have been replaced. Israel "continues", but with new caretakers. We now can make perfect sense of phrase in Romans 11:25 that says ... ...blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in." Come into what you ask? Into the "House of Israel". In essence, before the whole House of Israel can be "saved", it must be "filled". Filled with what? Well, its vinedressers! And who are these vinedressers? The strangers. And who are these strangers? The Gentiles!

Another way to describe it is that God does not "replace Israel", He simply gives the vineyard (Israel) to new vinedressers (the Church). The Church continues to care for the Vineyard. The National State forfeited its chances to continue the vinedressing. It doesn't hurt to describe it yet another way: Israel was impregnated with the Church. See Micah 4:8-10.

I believe that the unity of the Bible teaches that the 12 Apostles replaced the 12 tribes of Israel, and are the foundation for the Church, which is the Spiritual Israel of God. This is not replacement theology, because only the operators (husbandmen) of the vineyard (Israel) are replaced, not Israel itself, as Israel was a spiritual name given to a literal man from its inception. See Gen. 32:28. The members of God's true Church are the Operators (husbandmen) of the Vineyard (Israel). Israel has not been replaced by the Church, rather, the Operators or Caretakers (the Jewish nation) of Israel have been replaced.

Summing up the Evidence

Isaiah 5:7 tells you that the vineyard is the "house of Israel". Verse 4 tells you that God would "take away its hedge", or [protection]. Isaiah 61:1-11, especially verses 4 and 5, tells you that the Vineyard (Israel) would be plowed by strangers (gentiles), who will be the ones to "feed the flock". This is the Church. Then the passage tells you that it will be the "strangers" who will be the "vinedressers". Jesus in Matthew 21:18, 19, 33-43 repeats this concept that the vineyard (Israel) would be let out to other husbandmen (the Church), which would replace the Jewish National Establishment to care for the House of Israel. Jesus says unequivocally, and unapologetically states that the KINGDOM (Israel) would be given (not replaced) to another nation (the Church) bearing fruit. Hosea 1:10 and 2:23 tells us that the children of Israel will be "as the sand of the sea", which will stand "in the place" of where it was said to them "ye are not my people". Paul in Romans 9:25,26 repeats this same concept. When all these pieces are put together, suddenly the phrase "until the fullness of the Gentiles come in" makes perfect sense. Come into what you ask? Into the "house of Israel" and operate the vineyard!

The Church is now the Little Flock:

- Conditional Type (Israel was the “flock”):

"As a shepherd seeketh out his FLOCK in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country. I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel." (Ezekiel 34:12-14)

"He shall feed his FLOCK like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." (Ezekiel 40:11)

"Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock." (Jeremiah 31:10)

- Unconditional Antitype (The Church is now that "flock", founded by the 12 Apostles):

"Fear not, little FLOCK; for it is your Father's good pleasure TO GIVE YOU THE KINGDOM." (Luke 12:32)

"And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils." (Mark 3:14,15)

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18)

Truly, one does not need a Ph.D to see that 1. Israel was called "his flock", 2. The 12 Apostles were now the "little flock", 3. Beginning with the 12 Apostles, Christ would build His Church, and 4. The "KINGDOM", meaning Israel, would be given to this "little flock"! This is a CLEAR allusion to Matthew 21:33-37, where Christ said the KINGDOM (meaning, the Vineyard) would be TAKEN AWAY and GIVEN to another NATION bearing forth fruit! In other words, the Vineyard, or the House of Israel, was now given to NEW VINEDRESSERS--the CHURCH! There is absolutely NO QUESTION that the Church began with the 12 Apostles--the Spiritual Israel. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the number of Disciples Christ chose reflected the 12 tribes of Israel! The 12 tribes of Israel were replaced by the 12 Apostles! The Kingdom of Israel (the Vineyard) was GIVEN TO THEM! Once again, this is not Replacement Theology, it is Continuation Theology---Israel now has new operators, caretakers, or vinedressers--and these are known as the Church. Israel has NOT been replaced, its caretakers have.

An Analogy

Imagine a father that entrusts his son with a pair of keys. He says "son, I want you to take good care of these keys", and then he notifies his son that these keys are for all the doors of the house. He also warns his son that if he does not take good care of the keys, the keys will have to be taken away from him.  So his son in turn promises to take good care of the keys, and he gives them to him. After enough time transpires, however, the father discovers that his son has damaged the pair of keys, and has even left several doors to the house open. More than once he lost them, and did not take careful heed to his father's instruction. After his son has abused his privileges enough times, the father then says "son, I am going to have to take these keys away from you and give them to someone else I can trust", and so he does exactly that.

This is exactly how it works concerning the promises to Israel. The house of Israel is has been and always will be a spiritual concept. The Jewish nation was given the keys to the House of Israel, but they forfeited their rights to the keys for the house.  The key, or trustees, were therefore taken from the Jewish nation--the geopolitical theocratic establishment--and given to the Church, which comprised of Jews and Gentiles. These in-turn have become the "caretakers", the "keepers" of the house of God.

The promises to Israel are never made to an ethnic race, but rather, to the House of Israel, and all those who are filled up in it--whether they be Jew or Gentile.

Recommended Study:

I recommend the following thoroughly researched paper that is related to this topic:

The Israel of God by D.S. Farris

Recommended Audio Series on the Israel of God, by Mike Warren and D.S. Farris:

The Israel of God - Part 1

The Israel of God - Part 2

The Israel of God - Part 3

The Israel of God - Part 4

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:13:22 AM by Lysimachus »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: The Israel of God and the False Charge of "Replacement Theology"
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 01:25:05 AM »
The problem with your theology in the above, is the fact that there was no atonement for sin in the OT and Israel, though a chosen people by God, failed to receive any atonement for their sins.  Then when He sent their Messiah to them, they rejected Him, and God sent them into their 1,878 year diaspora.

Meanwhile, Jesus introduced the New Covenant in Lk.22:20, and until He shed His blood and died on the cross there was no forgiveness of sins.  Because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, according to Heb.10:4.

Reinforcing the above is found in Rom.3:21-26, which was not available to the OT righteous until Jesus shed His blood to pay for their sins.  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - until Jesus came along.

From Pentecost on, everyone who believes in Jesus as their Lord become members of His one body, His Church, as you will find in Jn.15:5.

As for the Israel of God in Gal.6:16, they are the Israelite believers in Jesus Christ before Pentecost.  Because Jesus ministry during His first advent was exclusively to Israel as He mad abundantly clear in Mt.15:24 and in Mt.10:5-6.  The Church did not exist then because the Holy Spirit had not yet arrived [Jn.7:39] until at Pentecost, ten days after Jesus had ascended into heaven, according to Acts 1:9 and 2:1-3.

When Israel finally recognizes Jesus as their Messiah at His second coming, near the end of the 70th and final week of Daniel [9:27], in Zech.12:10 and Zech.14:4-5, the one third remnant of them [Zech.13:8] will all be saved, confirming Rom.11:26.

After the first resurrection of Rev.20:4 and 6, Jesus prophecy in Jn.10:16 will be fulfilled and His two sheep folds, of Israel and the Church, will become one with one Shepherd.

THE CHURCH HAS NOT REPLACED ISRAEL - NOR IS ISRAEL THE CHURCH!

Quasar

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:31:41 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Lysimachus

• Author of Vindicating the Historicist Hermeneutic
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: The Israel of God and the False Charge of "Replacement Theology"
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
The problem with your theology in the above, is the fact that there was no atonement for sin in the OT and Israel, though a chosen people by God, failed to receive any atonement for their sins.  Then when He sent their Messiah to them, they rejected Him, and God sent them into their 1,878 year diaspora.

Meanwhile, Jesus introduced the New Covenant in Lk.22:20, and until He shed His blood and died on the cross there was no forgiveness of sins.  Because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, according to Heb.10:4.

Reinforcing the above is found in Rom.3:21-26, which was not available to the OT righteous until Jesus shed His blood to pay for their sins.  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - until Jesus came along.

So then Moses, Joseph, Daniel, nor any of the Old Testament righteous who died could be saved, nor will they ever be resurrected, since their sins were never forgiven. I see how this works. But the scriptures contradict your claims:  "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Revelation 13:8 )

While it is true that Jesus was not slain until 4,000 or so years after the fall, when it says "slain from the foundation of the world" in Revelation 13:8, it means that the plan was set in stone---it was going to happen, and this assurance that it was going to happen is what enabled it to be in effect for the Israelites through the types and shadows. 

In Isaiah 44:22, we have the redemption of Christ spoken in "past tense":

"I have BLOTTED out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like a cloud your sins. Return to Me, for I have REDEEMED you." (Isa. 44:22)

Now God sometimes spoke of redeeming His people in the sense of delivering them from Egyptian bondage or Babylonian captivity. However, in the context of the blotting out of sins in the first part of the verse, it's evident that when God said, "I have redeemed you," He had in mind the redemption of His people from their sins. But had God actually redeemed Israel from their sins at the time Isaiah wrote these words? No. Christ's redeeming act on the cross was still several hundred years in the future. How, then, could Isaiah speak of redemption from sin as an accomplished fact?

I will suggest a couple reasons. First, as Paul points out in Romans 4:17, God "calls those things which do not exist as though they did". God spoke of Israel’s redemption as an ACCOMPLISHED fact because He can speak of that which is future as though it were present.

This fact leads to the principle that God always assures His people that they HAVE RECEIVED all the benefits of His salvation, even if the legal transaction that will secure one or more of those benefits is still future. Imagine God saying to the Old Testament Israelites, "Your redemption hasn't happened yet, but I will redeem you someday in the future." That would have been technically correct since Christ hadn't died yet. But what kind of assurance would that have given to God's Old Testament saints?  So instead, God proclaimed boldly through Isaiah, "I have redeemed you," even though the legal transaction that would secure the Israelite's redemption was still several hundred years in the future.

This is why the "counsel of peace" was made between them both (Zechariah 6:13), because while the actual transaction did not occur, it was sealed in stone as if it had already happen.  The plan was put "into effect", and therefore, the Lamb was truly "slain from the foundation of the world". 

Christ's death is the only reason the Israelites could exist, and have salvation. Had that plan of the Christ being slain as the lamb from the foundation of the world not been pre-planned, salvation would not have been available for anyone prior to the crucifixion. 

Salvation for the Jews was only by the blood of Christ. There was NO salvation in the blood of animals.  The blood of animals was only a "reminder" to the Jews of what was coming, to keep their hearts fixed on the true Antitype that would come and take away the Sins of the world. :)  While Christ had not "physically" died on the cross yet, it was "legally" already in effect since the foundation of the world. :)

And this makes perfect sense in the light of the gospel.

Thus we see that there was atonement for sin in the Old Testament.  While the blood of lambs and goats could not take away sin, they foreshadowed the reality.  So their sins were atoned for on behalf of Christ's future sacrifice.  The ceremonial symbols themselves did not take away sins, but Christ's future sacrifice was though He had already done it from the foundation of the world.  So yes, atonement did exist for Israel in the Old Testament!

To say otherwise is to teach dirty theology, with a LIMITED and DWARFED comprehension of Christ's infinite sacrifice that, although not physically transacted until 4,000 years after creation, was already in effect the moment Adam sinned.

From Pentecost on, everyone who believes in Jesus as their Lord become members of His one body, His Church, as you will find in Jn.15:5.

You are blindly assuming that the foundations of the Church were not laid prior to Pentecost.  Christ's Church was his 12 Apostles, and these 12 Apostles were the foundation of the Church--hence we see the 12 foundations of stone with the names of the 12 Apostles for the New Jerusalem in Revelation 12:14 which represents His Church. God’s Church began with John the Baptist according to Matthew 11:13 and Luke 16:16. In fact, baptism has always been a sacrament exclusively dedicated for God’s Church. In Matthew 16:18 and 18:17, Christ was already alluding to the "church". Christ was on earth, already laying the foundations of His Church.  The very MOMENT Christ chose His disciples, He was establishing the pillars of His Church--His true, spiritual, congregation.  The 12 Apostles replaced the 12 Tribes of Israel. Israel was not replaced, its tribes were. They were the new husbandmen. Jesus unequivocally declared: “ Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32) The kingdom was given to THEM, not national Israel (see also Matt. 21:43)

Notice the words of Peter to the members of the Church that unequivocally establish the beginnings of the Church with Christ and the Apostles:

“(5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (6) Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. (7) Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, (8 ) And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. (9) But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.” (1 Peter 2:5-10)

Then notice the words of Paul which agree with Peter:

“(19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;  (20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; (21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: (22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” (Ephesians 2:19-22)

It is only a matter of simple logic. If the Church is the Temple of God (as Paul declares 1Cor 3:16,17 and 2Cor 6:16), and the foundations of that Church is Christ and the Apostles, then Christ and the Apostles are the beginnings of that Temple. Which is the Church.

As for the Israel of God in Gal.6:16, they are the Israelite believers in Jesus Christ before Pentecost.  Because Jesus ministry during His first advent was exclusively to Israel as He mad abundantly clear in Mt.15:24 and in Mt.10:5-6.  The Church did not exist then because the Holy Spirit had not yet arrived [Jn.7:39] until at Pentecost, ten days after Jesus had ascended into heaven, according to Acts 1:9 and 2:1-3.

It is true that extended mercy was given to the Jews after Christ's death. This is because the 70 weeks were not up yet. Christ died in the "midst" of the week, bringing an end to the spiritual meaning and value of the sacrificial system. Jesus said "it is finished", and they ceased to be of significance. This leaves 3 1/2 years left of ministering to Israel.  For 3 1/2 years more, from 31 A.D. to 34 A.D., the disciples ministered unto the Jewish people.  Keep in mind that Christ originally came to reestablish His church (congregation). Israel was God's Church in the wilderness (Acts 7:38). In fact, the Word "Church" existed in the Old Testament. But because of national Israel's rejection, the "kingdom of Israel" was given over to "another nation"--and it was this kingdom that formed "His Church". 

But question: How can Israelite believers be a part of Israel and the Church at the same time? It makes no sense to call them "the Israel of God", and be a part of the Church.  This actually reinforces the case that Israel is realized in the Church.  If the prophetic clock "stopped" for Israel, not until a supposed future 70th week, then what is God calling Israelites "the Israel of God" between the 69th and 70th week? This is inconsistent theology, filled with gapping holes.

When Israel finally recognizes Jesus as their Messiah at His second coming, near the end of the 70th and final week of Daniel [9:27], in Zech.12:10 and Zech.14:4-5, the one third remnant of them [Zech.13:8] will all be saved, confirming Rom.11:26.

The 70th week is long past and over.  It ended in 34 A.D. What could have been based on these conditional prophecies, Israel failed to fulfill. There is no more hope for Israel as a nation at the Second Coming. The cases of every man are decided just prior to the Second Coming. Zechariah 12:10 is a conditional promise to Israel that is now realized in the Church.  It was the Spirit of Grace that fell on the Church, as Israel is now realized in the Church.  There is no distinction between the Israel and the Church. Zechariah 14:4-5 will be antitypically realized at the end of the millennium, as John redefines this prophecy and places it at the end of the Millennium in Revelation 20. This great battle with the nations will be fulfilled, antitypically, not in an identical manner as given in the Old Testament, but in an uplifted, world-wide manner as John the Revelator does in his Revelation. Zechariah 13:8,9 will be fulfilled in the Church according to Revelation 3:18,19. And Romans 11:26 describes HOW all Israel will be saved...by the filling up of the Gentiles! Filling up into what?  The House of Israel! This is the Spiritual House--the "temple" (naos) of the Lord.

Concerning Israel changing when they see Him at the Second Coming:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." (Revelation 22:11,12)

There is no more hope for repentance for any man when the Son of Man appears in the clouds. It's over.  Every single individual, including Jews, will have had their chance to repent prior to Christ's return.

After the first resurrection of Rev.20:4 and 6, Jesus prophecy in Jn.10:16 will be fulfilled and His two sheep folds, of Israel and the Church, will become one with one Shepherd.

They became one fold at Christ's death on the cross, when the middle wall of partition came crumbling down (See Ephesians 2:12-22; 3:4-7)

THE CHURCH HAS NOT REPLACED ISRAEL - NOR IS ISRAEL THE CHURCH!

Quasar

No matter how loud you repeat this, error can never become truth.  The Jewish Nation was God's Congregation (Church) in the Old Testament, known as "Israel" (a spiritual name), and in the New Covenant God's Congregation (Church) consists of Jews and Gentiles, which is Spiritual Israel--the Israel of God.

In Closing...

And because of Israel's rejection of the Messiah, they have been rejected as the nation that will bear the keys of the gospel commission to the world. They will never be God's chosen nation again as a special, geopolitical entity.  Jews can be saved as individuals now, but they can only be saved IN CHRIST.  And since the Church is the body of Christ, any Jew that accepts Jesus as the Messiah will be saved. But Israel as a state is no more, and never will be again.

Concerning the Fig Tree, which has been well recognized from scripture as a national emblem of Israel (see Hos. 10:1; Jer. 24:5 Hos. 9:10; Joel 1:7,12; 1 Kings 4:24,25) , Christ said: "And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away." (Matthew 21:19). John the Baptist was already teaching that the "Ax was being laid at the ROOT of the tree" (Matt. 3:10; Luke 3:9). This is why Jesus said "Your house is left unto you desolate" (Matt 23:38; Luke 13:35)

In Hosea 1:6, we see the termination of the literal, local, kingdom of Israel, was foretold by the meaning of the name “Lo-ruhamah.” It reads: “And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah, that is, not having obtained mercy: for I will have no more mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away” (Hosea 1:6). When the prophet’s third child was born, God said “Call his name Lo-ammi, that is, not My people: for ye are not My people, and I will not be your God.” (Verse 9). The rejection, and later, the restoration of the northern ten tribes are taught in the meanings of the names of the prophet’s children. The prophecy of Hosea 1;10 and 11 is based on the meanings of these names. Paul, in Romans 9:22-28, presents the spiritual interpretation of Hosea’s prophecy: through the Gentiles accepting Christ! “The numberer of the children of Israel shall be as the sands of the sea.” (verse 27).

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free!" (John 8:32)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:56:05 PM by Lysimachus »

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter