680 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: Who lives and reigns with Christ during the 1000 years of peace?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
There will be 1000 years of peace during the thousand year reign of Christ. I always wondered who would live and reign with him during this time-period, so I was reading Revelation (just now) and I unexpectedly found the answer in Revelation 20:4:

Quote from: Revelation 20:4-5
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God[/u], and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years[/u]. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

...I [John] saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God... and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years...

It appears that those who are dead or already killed will live and reign with Christ during the 1000 year millennium. How do you read this scripture?

Thoughts?  :o
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline RevJWWhiteJr

• Pre-Trib, Partial Rapturist
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • The Partial Rapture Forum
Re: Who lives and reigns with Christ during the 1000 years of peace?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
There will be 1000 years of peace during the thousand year reign of Christ. I always wondered who would live and reign with him during this time-period, so I was reading Revelation (just now) and I unexpectedly found the answer in Revelation 20:4:

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God[/u], and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years[/u]. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

...I [John] saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God... and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years...

It appears that those who are dead or already killed will live and reign with Christ during the 1000 year millennium. How do you read this scripture?

Thoughts?  :o

The individuals that will live and reign with Christ for a thousand years, are believers who lost their lives during the first half of the great tribulation. (The "souls" under the altar of Revelation chapter 6, who are seen resurrected in Revelation chapter 7.) They came out of "great tribulation" (the first half; by the way, making the whole of the tribulation, great tribulation by Jesus' discription) according to the elders explanation to John.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:41:31 AM by RevJWWhiteJr »
Author: The Partial Rapture "Theory" Explained / Escaping The Coming Storm

The Partial Rapture Forum : partialrapture.net
Email directly at revjwwhitejr@aol.com

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:22:13 PM »
It is not only those in the first half of the tribulation who will rule with Him. It is all saints. The rest are the lost who will resurrected later.

“But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.” (Daniel 7:18)

And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.” (Revelation 2:26)

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” (Revelation 3:21)

“And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4-6)

“…and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom … Then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High … His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him.” (Daniel 7:22,27)

“Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you …” (1 Corinthians 6:2-3)

So burn these verses into your mind! These verses are telling us that all Christians will be having a major part to play in the coming Millennium Kingdom.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
So burn these verses into your mind! These verses are telling us that all Christians will be having a major part to play in the coming Millennium Kingdom.

Very good scriptures. Thanks!

Here's another question that may be viewed as being silly. I know that the dead in Christ will rule with Him during the thousand year millennium. The dead in Christ will have been raised from the dead and they (we) will be in their resurrected bodies. However, will there be any mortal men on the earth or will everyone be in their resurrected bodies?

"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter