578 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Not under the law  (Read 1756 times)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Not under the law
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »
I am of the belief that the phrase "not under the law" is very miss-understood by many today. In fact there are those who name the name of the Lord and do not even want to hear anything mentioned about commands or rules or what ever some may like to call it.

I would like to hear what you feel is being said when scripture says "not under the law".

I am giving the passages where it is used as well as some about law. So what is your understanding?

Rom 6:14, 15 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid

Gal. 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law

How are we not under the law and still subject to it at least in some part based on 1Cor 14:34 as Paul points out? Again what do you understand is meant by not being under the law?
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Rockroller

Re: Not under the law
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 02:28:38 AM »
Problem is, Jesus only called the Law and the Prophets "Scripture".  You will never find  where anyone is not under the law from true scripture or the words of Jesus. 

If you really want truth then look to the words of Jesus.  If they don't agree with what others wrote, then be highly suspicious of them.

Matthew 24 is where Jesus said that false prophets and apostles will come in the name of Jesus but will deceive many and because they will teach lawlessness, that their love for God will grow cold.  Does not Paul teach lawlessness?

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Not under the law
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »
Problem is, Jesus only called the Law and the Prophets "Scripture".  You will never find  where anyone is not under the law from true scripture or the words of Jesus. 

If you really want truth then look to the words of Jesus.  If they don't agree with what others wrote, then be highly suspicious of them.

Matthew 24 is where Jesus said that false prophets and apostles will come in the name of Jesus but will deceive many and because they will teach lawlessness, that their love for God will grow cold.  Does not Paul teach lawlessness?
::)

Oh Boy
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

Another false prophet!  :-\
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Not under the law
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
Another false prophet!  :-\

Anyone calling themselves a Prophet today is a False Propfet. We have the COMPLETE Word of God (The Bible)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »

Anyone calling themselves a Prophet today is a False Propfet. We have the COMPLETE Word of God (The Bible)

Also anyone who rejects what is written as you do is a false prophet.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Not under the law
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »
Also anyone who rejects what is written as you do is a false prophet.
:)

Your right now your seeing it's you not me. READ YOUR BILE

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
:)

Your right now your seeing it's you not me. READ YOUR BILE

I am glad that you are finally admitting you are a false prophet. Now repent and believe.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Not under the law
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 10:42:28 PM »
I am glad that you are finally admitting you are a false prophet. Now repent and believe.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter