326 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Critique of the Roman Catholic Church  (Read 9516 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Critique of the Roman Catholic Church
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:27:57 AM »
Due to the length of these two reports I will provide the links for those who care to check it out.

http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/2011/06/16/criticism-of-catholic-beliefs/

See also:  LIST OF HERESIES And HUMAN TRADITIONS ADOPTED by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE COURSE OF 1600 YEARS

http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/2011/08/26/list-of-adopted-roman-catholic-heresies-and-human-/

Quasar
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:57:36 PM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Critique of the Roman Catholic Church
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »
Due to the length of these two reports I will provide the links for those who care to check it out.

http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/2011/08/26/list-of-adopted-roman-catholic-heresies-and-human-/

Wheeeew what is a looong read.  :o

The word "catholic" means "universal," as in "universal church." There is only one universal church aka there is only one Body of Christ. Those who are in heaven and those who are going to heaven are a part of this universal church. However, the hatred that some people have for Catholicism has caused them to remove the word "catholic" (with a little c) from the creed.

Can't we all just get along? Oh no, that's not possible!

Who is the Whore of Babylon in the bible? The Whore of Babylon is any alleged Christian church (or church member) who claims to be a part of the universal church, but who lives a filthy lifestyle and is unregenerate. Jesus will spew them out of his mouth.  :o
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and abominations of the earth, in Rev.17:5-16 is considered by many expositors, including myself, to be the RCC.  Not Christians, because they will not be going through the seven year tribulation as documented in Jn.14:2-4; 1 Thes.4:13-17 and 2 Thes.2:1-8.

The beast [antichrist] and the ten horns [nations] allied to them will destroy them and set up the one world religion under the AC, as recorded in Rev.13:14-15 and 2 Thes.2:4.

It is a very sad situation with the RCC, knowing there will be so many of them who have never known how to become a born again Christian to say nothing of the many heresies they have led millions of people to believe over the past 1,800 + years.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Catalyst

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Dallas
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:29 PM »
Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and abominations of the earth, in Rev.17:5-16 is considered by many expositors, including myself, to be the RCC.  Not Christians, because they will not be going through the seven year tribulation as documented in Jn.14:2-4; 1 Thes.4:13-17 and 2 Thes.2:1-8.

The beast [antichrist] and the ten horns [nations] allied to them will destroy them and set up the one world religion under the AC, as recorded in Rev.13:14-15 and 2 Thes.2:4.

It is a very sad situation with the RCC, knowing there will be so many of them who have never known how to become a born again Christian to say nothing of the many heresies they have led millions of people to believe over the past 1,800 + years.

Quasar

And I'm not RCC but I bet I can show them to be more biblically sound than your views.  Not challenging you personally, we are discussing theology here. 

I used to feel as you do, it was what I was taught.  When I got of my hind end and did the work, they are more biblically correct than the Protestant Churches in MANY aspects.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
And I'm not RCC but I bet I can show them to be more biblically sound than your views.  Not challenging you personally, we are discussing theology here. 

I used to feel as you do, it was what I was taught.  When I got of my hind end and did the work, they are more biblically correct than the Protestant Churches in MANY aspects.

BE my guest!  I'm waiting!

Quasar

Offline Catalyst

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Dallas
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:58 PM »

BE my guest!  I'm waiting!

Quasar

How do you feel about Apostolic Authority, and Tradition for example.  Might as well throw in Sola Scriptura as they are all intertwined together.  Rome's position is MUCH more biblical than us protestants are.   Now, I'm not saying Rome's claims of being "the one" is right, just the reasoning behind the theology of it.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
How do you feel about Apostolic Authority, and Tradition for example.  Might as well throw in Sola Scriptura as they are all intertwined together.  Rome's position is MUCH more biblical than us protestants are.   Now, I'm not saying Rome's claims of being "the one" is right, just the reasoning behind the theology of it.

You could save yourself time if you began your post by reading what has already been posted.  For starters, review the following:

See also:  LIST OF HERESIES And HUMAN TRADITIONS ADOPTED by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE COURSE OF 1600 YEARS

Quasar

Offline Catalyst

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Dallas
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »

You could save yourself time if you began your post by reading what has already been posted.  For starters, review the following:

Quasar

You could have saved us both time had you read the Bible and History of the church, what's your point?

BTW, do you intend your posts to be so condescending and presumptively correct, or is it something you are not aware of.   We are all guilty of going there.   I had to eat my words recently from John I think. 

You haven't read an argument, I haven't defended against.  If you don't want to discuss them fine by me, I'm lazy anyway, less typing.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 12:31:50 AM »
You could have saved us both time had you read the Bible and History of the church, what's your point?

BTW, do you intend your posts to be so condescending and presumptively correct, or is it something you are not aware of.   We are all guilty of going there.   I had to eat my words recently from John I think. 

You haven't read an argument, I haven't defended against.  If you don't want to discuss them fine by me, I'm lazy anyway, less typing.

I'm still waiting for you to field any semblance of an argument for your views.  All you seem to have time for is to voice meaningless opinion!

Quasar

Offline Catalyst

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Dallas
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 07:39:46 PM »

I'm still waiting for you to field any semblance of an argument for your views.  All you seem to have time for is to voice meaningless opinion!

Quasar

Stop posturing.  Seriously.  I have yet to give an opinion that wasn't paraphrasing or listing scripture.  (Offensive comment removed by moderators), let me know, OR ask questions to verify, qualify, investigate and stop posing as a tough intellectual behemoth and condescending to me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:27:57 AM by John Oscar »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
Stick to the issues and off of your personal allegations!

What is your feedback pertaining to the following claims?

1. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Catholic_Church

Quasar

Offline Catalyst

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Dallas
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »
After your presumptive and condescending post 6, you forfeited the right to say my response is wrong because its not nice, when its no where near as hateful as your comments were. 

You posture.  You don't talk with, but at. 

Pick one of those topics and ask me a question, I will defend my faith, but you ignore 9/10s of the specifics in every post I made that you attacked, so forgive me if I'm sick and tired of putting thought in effort for you to ignore.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »
Revelation 17

© 10-12 Colin Melbourne
Who Is The Woman on the Beast?

Q Can you explain who the woman and the beast are, and the meaning of Babylon, in the Revelation prophecy Chapter 17?

A You refer to Rev. 17:3 KJV where John writes:

I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

God first introduced her as the great whore (Rev. 17:1). She is characterized vividly using all capitals in Rev. 17:5 KJV;

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

All capital letters. Do you think the LORD, and His chosen translators, are trying to get our attention? Contemplate; this is His last message to us in the climactic book of the Holy Bible before He returns.

The identity of the wicked woman is vital to us in these Last Days. She's the kind of woman fathers warn their teenage sons about. Yet most Christians remain clueless who the "woman" is, and the danger "she" poses.

Who the woman on the scarlet beast is was a mystery when the vision was given to John, but has been made crystal clear since the sixteenth century Reformation.
Image of the book A Woman Rides the Beast

<< A Woman
Rides the Beast: A powerful tool gently exposing who Catholics are really following, and where they are going. Lead your Catholic friends and relatives to the Living Christ today.
Mystery Woman Revealed

There's no need for guesswork, the Lord has revealed who she is; the Word of God makes it plain by scripture, in the light of subsequent history, and through current events.

Here's how Christ described the woman to the Apostle John. His angel said, Rev. 17:1 KJV;

I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

In the Spirit, John then saw a woman dressed in red and purple clothes, the main colours of Catholicism, sitting astride a scarlet beast covered in blasphemies. Rev. 17:4-5 KJV;

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The Bible also calls her the great city, Rev. 17:18; And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The Protestant Reformers from John Wycliffe to John Huss, Martin Luther, John Bradford, John Calvin, John Knox, and the man who translated your New Testament into English, William Tyndale, each unequivocally identified the woman on the beast with the city of Rome, meaning; Catholicism, and the Papacy, residing within Rome's Vatican City.
Picture of Pope worshipping a Fatima idol

The woman is the city of Rome, specifically Vatican City; and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls: The Roman Catholic church and Catholic believers in many nations.
The Scarlet Beast

The beast had seven heads and ten horns, representing successive rulers and authorities of the beast's Roman empire: "Babylon". Rev. 17:3.

"Babylon" is used as a pseudonym for Rome four times in Rev. 17 and 18, and the epithet was widely adopted by Christians following the bloodthirsty persecutions of Nero and Diocletian. Roman Catholics claim the Apostle Peter stayed in Rome based on his use of the term "Babylon" in 1 Pe. 5:13; however there's no scriptural evidence that Peter ever went to Rome at all, and he probably penned his epistle from what remained of the literal Babylon in Mesopotamia.

The scarlet beast represents the Roman Catholic church throughout the world, the Vatican's Empire.
Catholics controlled by The Great Whore

Significantly, God also says the great whore sits upon many waters, and His angel explains the meaning of the "many waters" in Rev. 17:15 KJV:

The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

These are the billions of people down the ages in bondage to Catholicism, whether by coercion, tradition, or choice. God says the whore sits on them; that is, controls and dominates their lives.

Actes and Monuments facsimile on CDROM

<< 1583 Foxe's Martyrs: Written, illustrated, and published by eyewitnesses. Read first-hand accounts of the black-doings of popery, and the enormous price paid by our Christian brothers and sisters, who defied Satan and stood for Christ.

Who dictates how Catholics should worship, live, eat, and reproduce? Their national government, or themselves perhaps? No, the Vatican, through its pontificating infallible popes control Catholics' beliefs, and attempts to direct every detail of their lives, using, fear, guilt, and the threat of excommunication and damnation.
City on Seven Hills

God specifies that the woman is a city on seven hills who rules over multitudes of peoples, and kings of the earth. Rev. 17:9,17. Jerusalem is built on seven hills, as is Rio de Janeiro, but they have never possessed the dominant trans-national power that Rome and the Vatican have abused for centuries. Only the Roman Vatican City-State qualifies.

Continued: Rebuilding Babylon: The AntiChrist's Final Holy Roman Empire

Offline Overaged

• "The joy of the Lord will be my strength" Neh 8:10
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 03:27:55 AM »
How do you feel about  Tradition for example. 

Rome's position is MUCH more biblical than us protestants are.   
The Biblical view of "tradition"  is a subject that I feel is poorly understood by many, both Roman Catholic and Protestant. It is, however, a subject that I find very interesting, and enriching to my spiritual pilgrimage on this earth.

"Tradition" is a Biblical concept, but do we have Biblical concepts about it?

As an example; here is just one text:

2Th 2:15  "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Both Roman Catholic and Protestant scholars quote this text yet the respective views thereof are definitely polarized.

Whose position is really "biblical" since both sides quote the same Bible text re "tradition?"
I will not recoil before the torments that are prepared for me by my enemies and false witnesses, who will one day have to render an account of their impostures before the great God, whom nothing can deceive.”  {GC88 113.1}

- Overaged

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
After your presumptive and condescending post 6, you forfeited the right to say my response is wrong because its not nice, when its no where near as hateful as your comments were. 

You posture.  You don't talk with, but at. 

Pick one of those topics and ask me a question, I will defend my faith, but you ignore 9/10s of the specifics in every post I made that you attacked, so forgive me if I'm sick and tired of putting thought in effort for you to ignore.

Show me what has been presumptive and condescending to any of the Scriptural or historical facts I have posted.  Just what have I ignored that you are so indignant about?

FYI, the Catholic church was not the originally established Church founded by Jesus and ministered to by HIS apostles until their death.  James, the brother of Jesus was the first Bishop in the Jerusalem Christian church.   

Quasar
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:32:12 AM by Quasar »

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter