266 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Critique of the Roman Catholic Church  (Read 9517 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: Critique of the Roman Catholic Church
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »
Why then, are there some Roman Catholics who have much more connection to Jesus, that do some Adventists?

What is the outlook, in terms of eternity, for those who belong to a "false religion?" Are they all doomed to eternal hell-fire?

And who gets to say what a "false religion" is?

After Receiving Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior in August of 1937, I have never witnessed any Catholic with "more connection to Jesus" than a true born again Christian.  To the contrary, it is very much the other way.  There is far more secular attention focused on Catholicism than on true Christianity.  IMO, the main reason being, because there is so much research has to be done in order to find true Christian organizations, the media takes the easy road out and most always seeks out the Catholic agendas.

There are members of the Catholic church who were previously, and now have, since the 50s, quit delivering their Masses in Latin, and started doing so in English.  And allowing their members to own Bibles of their own, who also know Jesus as their Lord now and are therefore members of the one body of Christ, His Church, and have obtained their salvation.  They won't all be lost by any means.

As for "who gets to say what a false religion is ?,"  All those who ar good students of the Bible will have no trouble determining the "false spirits," and "false prophets," the world is full of in our present day society,  Review 2 Tim.4:3-4; 2 Pet.2:1-22 and 1 Jn.4:1-3.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »
I am curious as to what makes you say this? Are there Bible texts within Rev 17, or elsewhere in the Bible that you would use to support what you have just said here?
There is a woman (Mary Kathryn Baxter) who was taken to hell and to heaven by the Lord -- and then He told her to "tell my people" that those places really do exist and there really is an afterlife. There is so much unbelief in the world. So many people believe that when they die, that's it i.e. there is no judgement or eternity. Anyways, when she was in hell (as an observer with Jesus), she saw many unconverted priests, pastors, preachers and Christians; and she described people like that as Rev. 17. I agree with her analysis.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Overaged

• "The joy of the Lord will be my strength" Neh 8:10
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »
So this lady thinks she saw Jesus in hell?
I will not recoil before the torments that are prepared for me by my enemies and false witnesses, who will one day have to render an account of their impostures before the great God, whom nothing can deceive.”  {GC88 113.1}

- Overaged

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »
Then after all this you don't believe the RCC is a false religion? 

LOL, no, of course not!

Would you be a willing member of the RCC?

My allegiance is first and foremost to our Lord, but having said that, to answer your question, yes.  :o

See the following opinions of others who belirve the mother of all prostitutes is, in Rev.17:

http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/babylon-the-great.html

http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Prophecy/Mystery.Babylon.the.Great.html

Yes, the destiny for those who partake in mystery Babylon is definitely hell.

Which is only the tip of the iceberg of expositors who see the RCC as the great whore of Babylon in Rev.17.

Oh no, I still don't see the RCC as being anti-Christian or anti-Christ.  ;D
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Why then, are there some Roman Catholics who have much more connection to Jesus, that do some Adventists?

There are unequivocally many Adventists who love Jesus and they are born again. Similarly, there are many Catholics who love Jesus and they are born again. They are both brothers in Christ, even if they don't realize it.

The bible doesn't say that a person has to be 100% doctrinally correct to enter the kingdom of heaven. If that were the case, then no one could enter His kingdom!!!

What is the outlook, in terms of eternity, for those who belong to a "false religion?" Are they all doomed to eternal hell-fire?

And who gets to say what a "false religion" is?

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man gets to the Father, except by me." Jesus alone knows who His sheep are and they hear His voice.

Here's an example of a false religion:

There was an expose on Peter Popoff in the 1980s where journalistic reporters caught him and his wife using electronic technology to radio him specific messages about people in the audience. For example, John Doe may have filled out a pre-conference questionnaire about himself and then submitted it to the Popoff ministry. The questionnaire described his name, address, ailments (knee problem), etc. Peter Popoff's wife then radioed this information to Peter Popoff and he received the info in an earpiece. He would say, "Is there a John Doe in the audience? The Holy Spirit is telling me that you have a knee problem..." That could be described as a false religion or as mystery Babylon. He is fleecing the flock for his own sustenance. The Lord will hold him accountable.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
There are members of the Catholic church who were previously, and now have, since the 50s, quit delivering their Masses in Latin, and started doing so in English.  And allowing their members to own Bibles of their own, who also know Jesus as their Lord now and are therefore members of the one body of Christ, His Church, and have obtained their salvation.  They won't all be lost by any means.

Vatican II (1964?) abolished the Latin mass and replaced it with a mass in the native tongue of the people. It also specifically encouraged Catholics to read their bibles.

My mother was (or is?) a Catholic. When I first read the bible and tried to describe it to her, she criticized me and said that priests have undergone 7 years of seminary and it's best to leave biblical interpretation up to them. She is a classic example of the pre-Vatican II (1964?) attitude that many people had.

It's my understanding that there are varying levels of belief, understanding and revelation among all individuals within all denominations. It boils down to the individual.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:00:06 PM by me again »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
First of all I believe you may have misunderstood some of what I have written, me again. 

First of all, I already wrote there are many Catholics from the past to the present who are definitely members of the one body of Christ.  The second point is, I did not refer to the RCC as the beast/antichrist, but raher, that they are a false religion, whom the beast and ten nations allied to them are going to destroy during the seven year tribulation.

All members of the false RCC who believe they are Christians by simply being members of the Catholic church, but never committing themselves to, or confessing Jesus is their Lord, will be those who make up the great prostitute of Rev.17.

Incidentally, all of my great grandparents who immigrated to this country from the alsace-Lorraine region were Catholic, as well as all seven of their children. 

The following sources will provide you with teasons why the Roman Catholic church is false:

Origin of the RCC:
http://www.gotquestions.org/origin-Catholic-church.html

Amillennialism:  http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/2010/07/16/origin-of-amillennialism-and-the-replacement-theol/

Replacement Theology/Supersessionism:  http://www.midnightcall.com/articles/prophetic/item/645-what-is-Amillennialismreplacement-theology

The Crusades: 
http://www.provethebible.net/T2-Hist/H-0601.htm

The Inquisitions:
http://www.provethebible.net/T2-Hist/H-0701.htm

RCC exegetical errors:  http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/2012/05/17/catholic-eschatological-exegesis/#post0   

The Trinity:  http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/contents/doctrine/the%20origin%20of%20the%20trinity.htm

Quasar
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:16:49 PM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
All members of the false RCC who believe they are Christians by simply being members of the Catholic church, but never committing themselves to, or confessing Jesus is their Lord, will be those who make up the great prostitute of Rev.17.

That is true, but that application should not be exclusively applied to the RCC; it should be equally applied to all Christian denominations i.e. All members of all Christian denominations who believe they are Christians by simply being members of their Christian denomination, but never committing themselves to, or confessing Jesus is their Lord, will be those who make up the great prostitute of Rev. 17. IMO singling out the RCC with this application is incorrect because it is applicable to all Christian denominations.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »
The RCC has been singled out because the religion is false, as has been previously exposed.  All other non-believers will also go through the seven year tribulation, who may or may not be affiliated with any other religion.

Review the facts.

Quasar

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
The RCC has been singled out because the religion is false, as has been previously exposed.  All other non-believers will also go through the seven year tribulation, who may or may not be affiliated with any other religion.

Radical Islam is a false prophet that violently opposes the Gospel of Christ -- and is an ant-Christ. This antichrist is now sitting in God's place on the Temple Mount (Dome of the Rock). The RCC isn't anti-Christ.  :o

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
Radical Islam is a false prophet that violently opposes the Gospel of Christ -- and is an ant-Christ. This antichrist is now sitting in God's place on the Temple Mount (Dome of the Rock). The RCC isn't anti-Christ.  :o

I have twice corrected the view you keep expressing that I am claiming the RCC is antichrist - which I have not, and do not!  They are a false religion according to the facts presented, not antichris

Islam does not sit on seven mountains [Not hills - per the NIV] nor did they exist during Jesus first advent as the Roman empire did, so they do not fulfill Dan.7:7 which points to Rev.17, as the renewed fourth beast covered in verses 8-11.  Islam will participate in the seven year tribulation as the ten horns [nations] allied to the two beasts [the AC and the FP] as I pointed out previously, in Ps.83:5-7.

I do not consider the Dome of the Rock to be God's temple as it is nothing more than a shrine covering the "rock where Abraham was about to slay his son, Ishmael."  [Their claim - not mine!].

And yes Islam is a false religion, as are many others, but none of them fit the prophetic Scriptures as does the RCC, in that capacity.  They have bastardized the true Christian teachings of Jesus and His Apostles, as the records reveal.  Above all, they are the perpetrators of the Replacement theology, by teaching the church replaced Israel as God's chosen people, and therefore they sacrified all the promises and covenants God made with them, that now belongs to the church.

A review of Gen.12:1-3 will reveal the reason for the RCC to be cursed by God, in addition to not recognizing Israel as a nation until very recently.  As well as denying Israel's right to claim Jerusalem as ther capitol.

Quasar
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:59:56 PM by Quasar »

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter