378 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The Right to Life: When Does Human Life Begin?  (Read 899 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
The Right to Life: When Does Human Life Begin?
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »
The Right to Life: When Does Human Life Begin?By: Francis J. Beckwith

Throughout the history of the abortion controversy, many have put forth criteria by which to judge whether a human organism has reached the point in its development at which it is fully human. Some criteria are based on so-called "decisive" moments in fetal development. Others are based on certain conditions any entity — born or unborn — must fulfill in order to be considered "fully human." And others argue that there is no "decisive" moment but that the unborn's rights increase as its body develops. I believe that all these views are flawed. I will argue that the pro-life view that full humanness begins at conception is the most coherent and is more consistent with our basic moral intuitions. In order to defend this position adequately, I will — both in this article and in the final installment of this series — critique a number of decisive moment and gradualist theories, whose defenses contain many objections to the pro-life view.

From: http://www.equip.org/articles/the-ri...es-life-begin-

Q: I am against abortion, except for when it is a case of rape, incest or the life of the mother at risk. However, what is the difference then between all those who use contraceptives and abortion after conception? IMHO it is hypocritical of those who believe in right of choice by all right to lifers who use contraceptives. Please tell me what the difference is.

"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter