552 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Who and what are the demons?  (Read 8211 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Who and what are the demons?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
Quote from: Jeremy Kapp
Giants born by flesh and spirits will be called evil spirits on Earth, and on the Earth will be their dwelling-place. Evil spirits proceed from their bodies, because they are created from above, and from the holy watchers is their beginning and primal origin; they will be evil spirits on Earth, and evil spirits they will be named. And the spirits of heaven have their dwelling in heaven, but the spirits of the Earth,which were born upon the Earth, have their dwelling on the Earth. And the spirits of the giants will devour, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and cause destruction on the Earth,and work affliction. They will take no kind of food, nor will they thirst, and they will be invisible. And these spirits will rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them. Since the days of murder and destruction and the death of the giants, when the spirits went out from the soul of their flesh, in order to destroy without incurring judgment, they destroy like this until the day when the great consummation of the great world be consummated. And now as to the watchers who...

Page 5

Here is a fascinating and long read:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2562003/Giants-Nephilim-and-the-ancient-Egyptians  :o
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »
Wow!  Interesting but lengthy indeed!  Here is something else about the Great Pyramid as to who actually built it.

http://www.prepare-ye-the-way.com/greatpyramid1.htm

http://www.network54.com/Realm/Present_Truth/pyramid.html

Quasar

"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 01:25:44 AM »
A good friend of mine wrote a fictional book based on the belief that angels did interbreed with human females, and from that came all the "gods" of the ancient world.  His last book deals with the pyramids.

http://www.amazon.com/Escaping-Cataclysm-Geological-Formations-Origins/dp/0984630023/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1337145832&sr=8-3

John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 08:17:11 AM »
A good friend of mine wrote a fictional book based on the belief that angels did interbreed with human females, and from that came all the "gods" of the ancient world. 

The ancient Greeks and Romans had mythical gods who descended to the earth and interbred with the humans. For example, the God Zeus descended to the earth and interbred with a woman who gave birth to a giant named Hercules who had superhuman strength. There were also strange human and animal combinations, such as a horse with a human head and a minotaur and a cyclopes. Even the ancient Egyptians had similar accounts (of gods descending to the earth and interbreeding with human women), along with strange half animal and half humans creatures, such as a human body with a birds head on it. I believe these myths were pre-flood memories that were passed down to Noah's descendents!
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 05:51:46 PM »
That is Keith's take also.  He and I have a some lively discussions about it :)
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
Who is Keith?

Offline John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 11:28:38 PM »
Who is Keith?

The friend of mine who wrote the book.  Scroll up a few posts.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
That sounds like a great subject to make a movie from!  Here's something I ran across about one of Scientologies beliefs.  Does this sound a little like the demon spirits of the Nephilim to you like it does to me?  [It really isn't, but it sure sounds like it].

Does Scientology believe in reincarnation or past lives?

The vast majority of the world’s population believes in reincarnation and only in the last few hundred years, with the rise of the physical sciences, did a strictly materialistic view begin to eclipse the spiritual.

More recently, the traditional definition of reincarnation has been altered from its original meaning. The word has come to mean “to be born again in different life forms” (such as an animal, an insect, etc.) whereas its actual definition is “to be born again into the flesh or into another body.” So what is commonly thought of as reincarnation is a definite system and is not part of Scientology. Rather, the Church ascribes to the latter, original definition.

Today in Scientology, many people have certainty that they have lived lives prior to their current one. These are referred to as past lives, not as reincarnation. Past lives is not a dogma in Scientology, but generally Scientologists, during their auditing, experience a past life and then know for themselves that they have lived before. To believe one had a physical or other existence prior to the identity of the current body is not a new concept—but it is an exciting one.

It is a fact that unless one begins to handle aberration built up in past lives, he doesn’t progress. In Scientology, one is given the tools to handle upsets and aberrations from past lives that adversely affect the individual in the present, thus freeing one to live a much happier life.

From: http://www.scientologynews.org/faq/does-scientology-believe-in-past-lives-reincarnation.html

Quasar

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:00:01 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
A Christian friend of mine recently told me that he believes in reincarnation. Isn't it an oxymoron to claim to be a Christian and to believe in carnation? I just can't figure that out.  :o

The bible says that a man lives once -- and then the judgement. IMO many Christians haven't read the bible -- and that's dangerous. They have been raised in a denomination, but until they read the Word, they will never get free.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »
I am of the same opinion, me again.  That can be understood from Heb.9:27; Dan.12:2; Jn.5:28-29; Lk.16:22-23 and Mt.25:46. 

They hear false teachings from any source they are exposed to and then believe it without grounding it by reading their Bibles as to whether it is true or false.

You might be interested in the following link:

http://www.s8int.com/giants1.html

Quasar
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:47:09 PM by Quasar »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »
The only problem with believing that the demon's of Jesus' day (and ours) came from the events Genesis 6 is that Jesus Himself stated that "the angels of heaven were not given in marriage".  That seems to me even though they appear in the form of men, they were never meant to reproduce and I question if they even can. 
I've always taken the phrase that appears in Genesis 6 of "the sons of God and daughters of man" to be the line of Seth and the line of Cain eventually meeting each other and intermingling- allowing the lawless line of Cain to "infect" and to bring down the righteous line of Seth.

Nothing special about this response, John, ust something I noticed I had never responded to before. According to the Scriptures, the sons of God came from the heavenly host and could not possibly be from the righteous line of Seth.  Check Job 1:6  and 2:1 in the KJV and the NASB and you will find the sons of God mentioned again, in heaven with Satan.  Which is consistent with them being mentioned in Gen.6:2.  And that they were, therefore, some of Satan's angels.

In the NIV, the sons of God are mentioned in Gen.6:2 but as Angels in Job 1:6 and 2:1.  Because of these angels taking the daughters of men [human], it resulted in the hybrid creatures the Bible calls Nephilim, who were evil giants, known to range in size from nine to as much as thirteen feet tall.  [See my post as to where you can find these giants in the Bible on this thread].

Due to the fact the DNA genes God had created for all human beings being tampered with and adulterated, it was Satan's attempt to derail God's plan for the Savior's lineage line to be developed as He wanted.  Which was His primary reasons for destroying all of mankind with the flood of Noah.  As well as for the command the Israelites to destroy all humans, women and children as well as their livestock, in their quest to reach the Promised Land.

As we find in the Scriptures, the demons not only knew the pre-incarnate Jesus, but also their obsession to get into bodies, whether human or animal, according to Mt.8:28-32.  Though the pigs died, the earthbound spirits of the Nephilim demons did not and just keep going until the day of judgement.

Since the spiit/souls of the Nephilim are part angel and part human, they are alien to citizenship in either realm, which is the reason for their being earthbound.

Quasar

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter