322 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Blessing and Curses-Derek Prince 1 of 10  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Blessing and Curses-Derek Prince 1 of 10
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:27 PM »
This is the first short clip of a message given by Derek Prince on Blessing and Curses. Worth the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOhODrm67k
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Blessing and Curses-Derek Prince 1 of 10
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »
This is the first short clip of a message given by Derek Prince on Blessing and Curses. Worth the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOhODrm67k

He is preaching the confession (speaking) of our faith. We speak the blessings (scriptures) of God into our lives, which are from the Word of God. That's how God does it and we are made in His image. Jesus did everything that He is going to do on the cross -- and now it's up to us (as Christians) to invoke our spiritual rights. Jesus defeated the devil at Calvary e.g. Adam lost the world to the devil, but Jesus got it back -- and now Satan is a squatter. We must invoke our spiritual rights to seize back what is rightfully ours (health, wealth and wisdom).

Isiah 55:11
“My Word (including scriptures) will not return to me void."

Rev. 12:11
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

Matthew 17:20
"...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say[/b] unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

Matthew 21:19
"And when Jesus saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said[/u] unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away."

2 Cor. 4:13
"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak[/b]..."

Many other scriptures are available about speaking (or praying) the Word. Jesus spoke to a fig tree, a dead man (Lazarus), the water (He told Peter to walk on it by saying "come"), a storm (it ceased). Jesus also said that greater works than these will you do. He has done everything that he's going to do in the earth at the cross -- until He comes again. Now it's up to us to speak His Word boldly and to speak against the problems (attacks from spiritual forces) that come against us. This is a real spiritual war, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »
I agree 100%. God answers prayers that are prayed in accordance with His Word. If you can find the promise He's made in Scripture and pray that to Him in faith, asking Him to keep His promise it's yours.
John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
Sometimes the Gospel is not presented clearly enough for the non-elect to reject it.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
I agree 100%. God answers prayers that are prayed in accordance with His Word. If you can find the promise He's made in Scripture and pray that to Him in faith, asking Him to keep His promise it's yours.

That's the teaching that I'm hearing.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Tom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »
Generational curses are a fascinating topic of study. I had trouble accepting the concept initially but after studying it fairly extensively I see it clearly and accept the fact that they do exist. A concrete case can be made biblically. No Christian need to live under one but as you stated in your earlier post the Christian must use the Blood, the Word and the Faith they have been given to be set free. The Bible says that people perish from a lack of knowledge. I never understood how practical that warning was until very recently.

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »
Speaking from the looney Pentecostal perspective :D

I think there is some merit to the idea of "generational curses", but at least in the Pentecostal realm, it gets way too much attention to the point of weekend retreats spent praying and fasting while people with "prophetic gifting" pray repeatedly over you and cast out demons/curses/ect.

I do believe that tendencies toward specific sin are passed from parent to child.  Whether its spiritual in nature, some type of genetic programming, or how a child is raised and/or their home environment growing up, my experience in counseling people has shown me that if a person has a specific problem/sin that they struggle with you can always trace it back to the parents and/or how they were raised.  The Freudian interrogative of "Tell me about your mother" actually does apply in spiritual counseling at times :D

John O

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter