600 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Chernobyl = Wormwood? (3rd trumpet in Revelation?)  (Read 2705 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Chernobyl = Wormwood? (3rd trumpet in Revelation?)
« on: May 14, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »
Chernobyl means wormwood in the Eastern European language and some people are saying that the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown in 1987 was the 3rd trumpet mentioned in Revelation 8:2-11.

Quote from: Revelation 8:2-11
2. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

10. And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11. And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

The Chernobyl nuclear explosion brought radiation dust into the atmosphere and when it rained, it brought it back down into the waters (streams) which killed anyone who drank it.

What do you think?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Online John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Re: Chernobyl = Wormwood? (3rd trumpet in Revelation?)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
It's a stretch, and we are missing the fact that nothing fell out of the sky and hit Chernobyl.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
He suggested that the second trumpet in Revelation 8:8-9 was WWII because 1/3rd of all the ships were destroyed in the Western arsenal:

Quote from: Revelation 8:8-9
8. And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9. And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

He said that of the 105,000 ships that participated during WWII, about 36,000 were sunk, which is 1/3rd.  :o

Many of the chemical munitions that were sunk probably killed quite a bit of sea life:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070727175638AAGK9lh

And he said that the nuclear bombing of Japan could have been the mountain being hurled to the earth.

Interesting concept. Could it be?  :o

"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 12:07:01 AM »
Chernobyl means wormwood in the Eastern European language and some people are saying that the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown in 1987 was the 3rd trumpet mentioned in Revelation 8:2-11.

The Chernobyl nuclear explosion brought radiation dust into the atmosphere and when it rained, it brought it back down into the waters (streams) which killed anyone who drank it.

What do you think?

That is indeed a very interesting coincidence that the nuclear disaster took place in a town called Chernobyl, which means "wormwood," as referred to in Rev.8:10-11; the third trumpet judgement of seven.  All of which is prophecy, yet to take place.

A star falling from the sky, like a blazing torch, sounds very much like a missile with a nuclear warhead.  However, those judgements are part of the wrath of God which man does not have any hand in.  Contaminating a third of the rivers and springs, would give cause to believe that it will take place in
a specific region.

The second trumpet in Rev.8:8 reminds me of the events surrounding the earthquake and tsunomi that struck Japan and the tremendous amount of trash from it that drifted clear across the Pacific.  But it too is one of the judgements God will strike mankind with during the seven year tribulation.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Online John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »
The more classical understanding of pre-mill escatology has the anti-Christ rising first, and generally within this belief system is after the rapture.

I don't hold strictly to it, but in general I think they have it mostly right.
John O

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
The more classical understanding of pre-mill escatology has the anti-Christ rising first, and generally within this belief system is after the rapture.

I don't hold strictly to it, but in general I think they have it mostly right.

However, the Scriptures reveal the pre-trib rapture of the Church will take place before the antichrist is revealed, according to 2 Thes.2:1-8, as posted in the following:

http://theologyreview.com/index.php/topic,7196.0.html

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Online John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
Right, just didn't say it clearly enough :/
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »

I frankly have NO IDEA when the rapture will occur (7 years before, 3.5 years before or at). However, it seems like everyone else has a strong opinion about when it will happen. LOL  :o

Regarding the 7 trumpets that the angels will blow: I used to think that they would occur over a 7 year period, but I no longer think so. It seems more logical to look at it from a historical period of more than 7 years i.e. 50 or 75 or 100 years, etc.

Online John Oscar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
I look at the judgments this way-

Seal judgments- Partial in scope, meant to warn the spiritually aware that the end is near.  Are natural disasters that are easily dismissed as only natural events (or even caused by human beings- think global warming) by the non-Christian
Trumpet judgments- Partial in scope, meant to shake even the spirtually unaware.  Cannot be easily written off as anything but supernatural.
Bowl judgments- total in scope- meant to punish those who have irrevocably hardened their hearts against God.
John O

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:08 PM »

Due to the adulteration of the Scriptures by man, as pointed out in the link I posted above.

Quasar

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »
I frankly have NO IDEA when the rapture will occur (7 years before, 3.5 years before or at). However, it seems like everyone else has a strong opinion about when it will happen. LOL  :o

Regarding the 7 trumpets that the angels will blow: I used to think that they would occur over a 7 year period, but I no longer think so. It seems more logical to look at it from a historical period of more than 7 years i.e. 50 or 75 or 100 years, etc.

No one knows the day nor the hour - but it is imminent and can happen now at any time.  It will take place immediately preceding Dan.9:27; Mt.24:4; Mk.13:5; Lk.21:8; 2 Thes.2:3 and 7 and Rev. 6:2.

IMO, the seven seal prolog is an amplification of Jesus Olivet discourse as well as Dan.9:27.

Quasar

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter