378 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST  (Read 15977 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
You may not have the time or patience to read it, but here is a long post from a Muslim who says that 666 is the number of Allah:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1971221/posts

Here is the theory, as I understand it.

1. The following symbol was given by John the revelator (this pic is missing the crossed Islamic swords, but they are in the 3rd pic below):

2. The translators didn't have an appropriate translation of the above symbol into Greek -- and the closest they could get in Greek is 666, as follows:

3. Here is a more accurate side-by-side comparison of the two symbols. The top symbol is Arabic for Allah and the bottom symbol is 666 in Greek:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:01:38 PM by me again »
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
Very high confusion factor at the link you gave us, me again.

From that site was this remark:

"The Quran, 666 was revealed to Muhammed, 92 in the year 610."

Since the Quran was not published until long after the Revelation Jesus gave to the apostle John, it's curious Muhammed would know anything about it at all until after finding it himself in Revelation.

By whose letter numerical system did they go by?  Nothing works in relation to the Hebrew text except the Hebrew.  The Greek numerical system will not work.  Nor did Satan change any of the God breathed Scriptures that make up our Bible.

In the Hebrew, the number 666 is a formulation to the name of the Roman emperor, Nero(n), as previously addressed. 

Quasar
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:22:06 PM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Very high confusion factor at the link you gave us, me again.

From that site was this remark:

"The Quran, 666 was revealed to Muhammed, 92 in the year 610."

Since the Quran was not published until long after the Revelation Jesus gave to the apostle John, it's curious Muhammed would know anything about it at all until after finding it himself in Revelation.

By whose letter numerical system did they go by?  Nothing works in relation to the Hebrew text except the Hebrew.  The Greek numerical system will not work.  Nor did Satan change any of the God breathed Scriptures that make up our Bible.

In the Hebrew, the number 666 is a formulation to the name of the Roman emperor, Nero(n), as previously addressed. 

The poster at that website should be taken with a grain of salt. However, it nonetheless shows some Muslim views that do exist.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
The poster at that website should be taken with a grain of salt. However, it nonetheless shows some Muslim views that do exist.

Without a doubt, there are endless views on it
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Nats

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »
significance of...

chi xi stigma.

Scholars throughout the centuries have always rendered the number as "666," But is it what we‘re supposed to be looking at? There is another way to see it that, in my opinion, may bring more into focus.

It begs the question, 'What is the wisdom of understanding that the number of a man "666" brings so that we are not deceived by the 'beast’ mentioned in Revelations 13'?

Everything in Rev. chapter 13 leads up to this wisdom of understanding verse 18.

Father, through out the scriptures, uses numbers to make a point and to teach. The Hebrew and the Greek languages are much more expressive and pictorial then our English translation’s can give us so I think it’s important to use both and then draw conclusions knowing all of scripture must align. I’m simply presenting another way that’s saturated in the scriptures.

Example:
We understand the number two means ‘witness’
That nine means “fruit of the Spirit”
In scripture we know that 40 means ‘probation.’
We understand 18 means ‘bondage’
We understand the number seven means ‘completeness’ or ‘healing’
The number 5 means grace.

There are many “bible Mathematics” books in stores or on line to learn from and to edit on our own. This is not “bible code”

For example, Seven, in the Hebrew means “completeness” but a further study in the scripture shows it to mean “healing” as well and so on. 

I do not believe in “bible codes” but I know God uses numbers in the bible to teach a point.

I have yet to see anyone give an understand of counting this number chi xi stigma. with wisdom behind it that reveals the "man" in question from just the scriptures.

I think the scholars may have been wrong for centuries on what numbers we’re supposed to be gaining wisdom from. i.e. 6+60+600 = 666 -vs.- 6 + 14 + 22 = 42

??? To my point...

Revelation 13:18.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

His number is chi xi stigma

G5516 (Strongs Concordance)
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

Why would an obsolete letter be used in this important context of wisdom for those who have understanding? Think about that. There is an underlying message to those who "have understanding"

600,60,6 is the Greek letter equivalent (sort of ) for chi xi stigma. But is 600,60,6 (“666”) what we’re supposed to be looking at?

There are notable scriptures that have 600, or 60, or 6 in them such as 1Ki 10:14 etc... but I don't see any foundation of understanding the identification of the 'man' by counting this number. It must mean something else for those who have understanding to gain the wisdom regarding ‘the beast’. Bear with me... :)

Since the obsolete letter, stigma, is between the fifth and sixth Greek letter, it would still make it the sixth letter. Here is what stigma means…

G4742
From a primary word stizo, (to “stick”, that is, prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), that is, (figuratively) scar of service: - mark.

Is this just coincidence? Of course not.

So we have a ”MARK” associated with the number of the beast but we are supposed to gain wisdom by counting the number of the beast and we cannot overlook that. If we do we've lost the understanding.

Can we gain any understanding with the Greek word ’count’?

G5585
psephizo
psay-fid'-zo
From G5586; to use pebbles in enumeration, that is, (genitive case) to compute: - count.

Use pebbles to enumerate the number??? So why are we using the Greek letter equivalent of chi xi stigma. to enumerate it to 666? Why?

This word comes from the prime of G5585 and gives us a little more info on the pebbles.

G5586
psephos
psay'-fos
From the same as G5584; a pebble (as worn smooth by handling), that is, (by implication of use as a counter or ballot) a verdict (of acquittal) or ticket (of admission); a vote: - stone, voice.

By this definition and the context of the scripture we can discard everything except the implication of counting and that the pebble is worn smooth by handling. Apparently the pebble didn’t start out smooth so it must have taken much time to wear a pebble (small stone) smooth by handling. This would be rightly dividing the Word as it is written in the Greek.

Here is Bullingers definition of G5585:

psephizo - to count or reckon with  psephos (G5586) (small pebbles worn round and smooth by water, ) To reckon, calculate, (just like Lat. Calcular) from calculus.

The implication is to count the number of the beast with pebbles worn smooth by water or by handling. Either way we need to go back in time to figure out the number of the anthropos (“a man”) which is…

G444
anthropos
anth'-ro-pos
From G435 and ōps (the countenance; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

This doesn’t necessarily mean a mortal man like most think.
Anthropos is also used of angels in the New Testament several times and a kin word in the Hebrew is also used of both man or angel - “ish”.

Why have scholars over the centuries added up the Greek letter equivalent for chi xi stigma ( 600 + 60 + 6 = 666 ) when we are told to count or reckon with  psephos (G5586) (small pebbles worn round and smooth by water. ) ?

Enumerate the....

22nd letter
14th letter
6th (Stigma)

...with pebbles worn smooth by water for understanding of the 'beast'

=

?

Enumerate the Greek letters as biblical “mathematic” numbers with the Hebrew letters and the numbers they correspond too and you will come to another interesting conclusion.

22nd letter
14th letter
6th an obsolete letter, stigma, (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet

All three letter corresponding numbers have meaning with bible numeric from scripture.

22 = Light
14 = Salvation or Deliverance
6 = Satans evil, sinful man, sin manifested, man kind, stigma - ‘mark’

6, in scripture has these meanings but I’m going to stick with the definition of stigma for now.

One way to look at it…

22 + 14 + 6 = 42

The 22nd letter in the Greek is a cross.
The 22nd  letter in the Hebrew is a cross.

In Ezekiel 9:4,  the ‘MARK’ to the forehead from the inkhorn denotes a cross, The 22 letter in the Hebrew alphabet.

We have a …
6 - ‘Mark’
+ 14 -Salvation or deliverance
+ 22 -Light (cross)

= 42 - 2nd Advent ( with 2 witnesses/candlesticks/olive trees (Rev.11:3-4 ) And this gives us a time element of the last days.

We have a ‘type’
And we have an ‘anti-type’

Christ is:
the Light, (As God is the Father of lights)
our Salvation and Deliverer,
the seal (mark) in the forehead (cross) (Rev:7:3 - Rev.22:4)
Christ comes at The 2nd Advent….

Mat 1:17 
So all the generations from Abraham to David
Are fourteen generations;
and from David until the carrying away into Babylon
Are fourteen generations;
and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ
Are fourteen generations.

the 22nd letter is a 'cross.' Its the "mark" of God’s chosen ones. And Light, fourteen, is salvation or deliverance of Israel.

The three fourteens = 42 also

This is NOT a coincidence either.

42 is Advent in bible numeric.
The first advent was Christ to save because God so loved the world.

The second advent is to separate those who love God and keep God’s commandments and the testimony of Christ from those who do not and take the ‘mark of the beast’

To conclude, all these are of the True Light and Savior at the 2nd Advent, Jesus the Christ our King.

But we also have a False one to come first who will sit in the Holy place claiming to be God, showing that he is God. ( 2 Thess. 2:1-13 who is identified in verse 9 )

No mortal man could pull off claiming to be God, the Father of lights, in the last days leading up to the return of Christ. It must (Will) be a supernatural entity.

Identifying the false one…

2Co 11:13 
…For such are false apostles,
deceitful workers,
disguising themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 
And no marvel;
For Satan himself is disguised into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 
Therefore it is no great thing if his (Satans) ministers
also be disguised as the ministers of righteousness;
whose end shall be according to their works.

The ‘man of sin’ the ‘son of perdition’ is identified in 2 Thess.2:9 as Satan.
Verse 4 tells us exactly what he will claim to be….

2Th 2:2 
…That ye be not soon shaken in mind,
or be troubled, neither by spirit,
nor by word, nor by letter as from us,
as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 
Let no man deceive you by any means:
for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first,
and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshiped;
so that he (Satan) as God
sitteth in the temple of God,
showing himself that he is God.

So the anti-type is…

The false Light (anti-type)  - 22 - cross
Claiming to be God - 14  - Savior - Redeemer.
Beast with 2 horns like a Lamb - (King and  Savior)
Deceiving the whole world and working miracles in the sight of man.
If Satan is claiming to be God with the power of Christ
This then is the false advent (anti-type)  - 42
And the MARK of the beast (anti-type) - 6

Satan is not a mortal, he is an angel.

Rev 9:11 
And they had a king over them,
which is the angel
of the bottomless pit,
whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon,
but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Also notice how our attention is drawn to the Greek as well as the Hebrew.  Satan goes by
many names in scripture and in Rev.20:1-3 he is connected to the bottomless pit and deceiver of the nations mentioned in Rev. 13. Satan isn’t coming manifested as a man, it’s going to be him in person, disguised as an angel of light, claiming to be God, the Father of lights, claiming to be King of the world and the world his kingdom, claiming the two powers (horn) of the Lamb, Christ, which I believe are King and Savior.

Theres more I noticed in this study and it's still a work (and edit) in progress - more to come. But read Rev. 13 now with all this in mind and see where else your knowledge of the scriptures takes you.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 04:05:44 PM »
chi xi stigma is a Greek numeral and has nothing to do with the Aramaic numeral Jesus gave in Rev.13:18 when dictating it to John.

All Biblical text involving numbers are from the Hebrew, not from the Greek.

Greek numerical letter system:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Greek+Numbered+letters+&qpvt=Greek+Numbered+letters+&FORM=IGRE

Hebrew numerical letter system:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Hebrew+numbered+letters&qpvt=Hebrew+numbered+letters&FORM=IGRE

Quasar
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:31:41 PM by Quasar »

Offline Nats

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 12:35:12 PM »
Below is a cut-and-paste on a theory of how the original Greek symbols were incorrectly translated into 666:

Below (left) are photos of Greek symbols translated in the Bible as 666.  The gold symbol (bottom and right) is Arabic for "Allah" when turned and mirrored.  Additionally, crossed swords are a symbol for Islam.  So in 666 we may find symbols for both "Islam" and "Allah".

Unvalidated Source:
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/islam__quran_and_666.htm

Me Again,

If there is an Islam connection, I still currently think their belief in the coming of the 12 Imam is a good candidate for the "false prophet" who may be the forerunner to the appearance of Satan and his angels. It could be part of God's strong delusion in the last days.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 01:21:36 PM »
Me Again,

If there is an Islam connection, I still currently think their belief in the coming of the 12 Imam is a good candidate for the "false prophet" who may be the forerunner to the appearance of Satan and his angels. It could be part of God's strong delusion in the last days.

I too have wondered that very thing.  :o

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »
I for one do not plan on being here when this all comes to past.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline Nats

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »
I too have wondered that very thing.  :o

I like a good second witness.  :)

Offline Nats

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
I for one do not plan on being here when this all comes to past.

Where do you plan to be, if I may ask?

I would rather be left behind giving testimony for Christ's name sake and trying to help pull our people out of the great deception that's coming, than be taken in the deception.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »
Where do you plan to be, if I may ask?

I would rather be left behind giving testimony for Christ's name sake and trying to help pull our people out of the great deception that's coming, than be taken in the deception.

Matt. 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

IMO a global deception is coming that will surpass all past deceptions.

Offline Nats

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Matt. 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

IMO a global deception is coming that will surpass all past deceptions.

Absolutely. In the not too distant future, in my opinion.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »
Absolutely. In the not too distant future, in my opinion.

Much agreed. I'm curious to see what happens to pension systems, government payouts and sovereign/elected governments. The bibles says, "Let not your heart be troubled, neither be afraid." Nonetheless, I'm wondering how it's all going to play out.  :(

Offline Nats

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
Jim Rogers came out this week talking about obama dipping into federal pension plans but had he went a little deeper he would know tucked in the 2009 'stimulus' is a proposal giving the Fed Govt. the power to take $4.00 out of every $100.00 (4%) from 401k, IRA and federal pensions from folks 55 years old and upwards. And in a 'national emergency' they can take up to, but not more than, another 8.2% for a total of 12.2%. I think we call them the baby boomers.

Most folks don't know that confiscation in this country is already a matter of law. Why do you think they want our guns and ammo so bad and to keep them from our vets coming home from battle.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter