370 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Three Days and Three Nights  (Read 43655 times)

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: Three Days and Three Nights
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
Quasar,

Since you're not a 6th day of the week crucifixion advocate, you probably won't know of any writing.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 12:47:14 AM »
No, I am a fourth day of the week, Wednesday, crucifixion advocate, as my previous post shows.  Which answers to Mt.12:40 perfectly.

Quasar
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:37:34 PM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »
No, I am a fourth day of the week, Wednesday, crucifixion advocate, as my previous post shows.  Which answers to Mt.123:40 perfectly.  Saturday is the seventh day of the week.

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Since it has again been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in who thinks the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week and who thinks Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language where 3 nights actually means 2 nights, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, will know of some writing. 

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 11:42:51 PM »
Since it has again been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in who thinks the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week and who thinks Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language where 3 nights actually means 2 nights, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, will know of some writing.

You have yet to find anything wrong with the following :

IMO, I see Mt.12:40 fulfilled in the following way:

The Hebrew day begins at sunset the day before and fulfills the prophecy:

Wednesday @ sunset = Thursday = 24 hours

Thursday @ sunset = Friday = 24 hours = Passover Sabbath

Friday @ sunset = Saturday =24 hours = seventh day Sabbath

Sunday morning, first day of the week = Jesus resurrected.

Describes Jesus in the tomb for three days and three nights, confirming Mt.12:40.

Quasar

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:46 AM »
Quasar,
re:  "You have yet to find anything wrong with the following : IMO, I see Mt.12:40 fulfilled in the following way:"

That's an issue for another topic. 

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »
Quasar,
re:  "You have yet to find anything wrong with the following : IMO, I see Mt.12:40 fulfilled in the following way:"

That's an issue for another topic.

I do not subscribe to your theory in reply 48.  Matthew was the scribe who documented Jesus remark in Mt.12:40 and there are no English tranlations that give credance to it.  Check it out in the following:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/12-40.htm

Quasar
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:26:58 PM by Quasar »

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »
Quasar,
re:  "I do not subscribe to your theory in reply 48."

What "theory" is in reply 48?

Offline Stan

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Friend of Sinners
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.theologyreview.com
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »
Can someone please explain why which date he was crucified is relevant enough for people to get hostile over?  please...
Courage

Stan

http://www.theologyreview.com

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippian

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »
Stan,
re:  "Can someone please explain why which date he was crucified is relevant..."

If you're referring to this topic, I don't think anything has been mentioned with regard to the date of the crucifixion.   

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2015, 12:41:37 PM »
Can someone please explain why which date he was crucified is relevant enough for people to get hostile over?  please...

Hi Stan,

If I understand what you mean; you're questioning the importance of the discussion over the day Jesus was crucified.  The reason for it is to provide support for Jesus remark of being in the belly of the earth for three days and three nights, in Mt.12:40.

Quasar

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »
Perhaps a further rewording of the OP will make it a bit more clear:   Whenever the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 is brought up in a "discussion" with 6th day of the week crucifixion folks, they frequently assert that it is using common Jewish idiomatic language.  I wonder if anyone knows of any writing that shows an example from the first century or before regarding a period of time that is said to consist of a specific number of days and/or a specific number of nights where the period of time absolutely couldn't have included at least a part of each one of the specific number of days and at least a part of each one of the specific number of nights?  If it is using common idiomatic language, there ought to be examples of that usage in order to be able to make that assertion.

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »
Since it has been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in who thinks the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week and who thinks Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language where 3 nights actually means 2 nights, and who thinks that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb, will know of some writing. 

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2015, 01:34:28 PM »
It appears that there are no 6th day of the week crucifixion advocates looking in on this topic.

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2015, 07:32:59 AM »

But if there are, remember that the purpose of this topic is not to discuss how long the Messiah was in the heart of the earth. There are other topics that do that.  However, there are those who say that Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language such as the Messiah saying that He would be in the heart of the earth for 3 nights when He knew that it would only be for 2 nights.   But in order to say that it was common, one would have to know of other instances where the same pattern was used. I am simply looking for some of those instances, scriptural or otherwise. So far no one has come forth with any. 

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter