267 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Three Days and Three Nights  (Read 43572 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: Three Days and Three Nights
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2016, 10:15:23 AM »
FYI, you will not obtain any better response to your questions than what you have received, for what importance there is to any of it.  Just what do you mean by the "sixth day crucifixion folks," in the OP?

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »
Quasar,
re:  "FYI, you will not obtain any better response to your questions than what you have received..."

So far it looks that way.  There have been zero applicable replies.

re:  "Just what do you mean by the 'sixth day crucifixion folks', in the OP?"

Those who believe that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week.   

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2016, 12:11:17 PM »
The sixth day of the week is Friday, which has been shown to be in error, on several previous posts on this thread.

When the time comes when you believe the answer to your OP has been produced to your satisfaction, to what means will it achieve for you?

IMO, it is of no relevance to anything.  To what effect are you placing on it that has any Scriptural significance to it at all?

Quasar 
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2016, 01:30:46 PM »
Quasar,
re: "The sixth day of the week is Friday, which has been shown to be in error..."

I don't understand.  First you assert that Friday is the 6th day of the week and then in the same sentence say that it isn't.  What am I missing?

re:  "When the time comes when you believe the answer to your OP has been produced to your satisfaction, to what means will it achieve for you?"

It will simply let me know that in the first century it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have taken place. 

re:  "To what effect are you placing on it that has any Scriptural significance to it at all?"

It would take away one of the defenses against a 6th day of the week crucifixion.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2016, 10:57:07 PM »
Quasar,
re: "The sixth day of the week is Friday, which has been shown to be in error..."

I don't understand.  First you assert that Friday is the 6th day of the week and then in the same sentence say that it isn't.  What am I missing?

re:  "When the time comes when you believe the answer to your OP has been produced to your satisfaction, to what means will it achieve for you?"

It will simply let me know that in the first century it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have taken place. 

re:  "To what effect are you placing on it that has any Scriptural significance to it at all?"

It would take away one of the defenses against a 6th day of the week crucifixion.

You labor under false pretenses.  I have never said that the sixth day was the day Jesus was crucified.  Show mw where you got any such idea as that.  I showed you where Wednesday was the day Jesus was crucified and died.

I suggest you review the way you go about obtaining support for your belief Jesus was not crucified and died on the sixth day, i.e. ay!  The proof you want has already been posted on this thread.  Check it out!

Quasar

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2016, 06:07:13 AM »
Quasar,
re:  ".  I have never said that the sixth day was the day Jesus was crucified."

And I have never said that you have.  I don't know where you get that idea.

re: "I suggest you review the way you go about obtaining support for your belief Jesus was not crucified and died on the sixth day, i.e. ay!  The proof you want has already been posted on this thread."

For the purpose of this topic, the only proof I'm looking for is whether or not it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when at least a part of the daytime or at least a part of the night time couldn't have taken place. I've checked out all of the above posts and none of them provide any such proof.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »
Quote by rstrats on 2/1/2016 -post #80:
"And I have never said that you have.  I don't know where you get that idea".

Quoted by rstrats on 2/29/2016 - post #78:
"I don't undestand.  First you assert that Friday is the 6th day of the week and then in the same sentence say that it isn't.  What am I missing?"

How come you don't seem to remember what you posted from one day to the next?

The following are the Scriptural facts pertaining to Mt.12:39-40{  On post #60 - 2/23/2016:

"Mt.12:39-20 happen to be one of those examples where part of a day made Jesus remarks a true fact!  Not speculation, as seen in the following:

The Hebrew day begins at sunset the day before and fulfills the prophecy:

Wednesday @ sunset = Thursday = 24 hours [When Jesus was crucified and died]

Thursday @ sunset = Friday = 24 hours = Passover Sabbath

Friday @ sunset = Saturday =24 hours = seventh day Sabbath

Sunday morning, first day of the week = Jesus resurrected.

Describes Jesus in the tomb for three days and three nights, confirming Mt.12:40."

I'm finished with this circular charade here and now!

Quasar
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:46:57 AM by Quasar »

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »

Quasar,
re:  "How come you don't seem to remember what you posted from one day to the next?"

I remember perfectly. You seem to be the one that can't remember what you said.  In your post #77 you wrote:  "The sixth day of the week is Friday, which has been shown to be in error..."
Again, you say that Friday is the sixth day of the week and then certainly seem to say that that designation has been shown to be in error i.e., that Friday is not a designation for the 6th day of the week.  That sure sounds contradictory to me.  Plus it has nothing to do with the purpose of this topic.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2016, 10:57:05 PM »
The sixth day is Friday, which has been proven to be in error AS THE DAY OF JESUS CRUCIFIXION!  Capiche?!  That is what the subject is about, mis it not?

Good bye.  Have a great super Tuesday.

Quasar

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2016, 06:20:48 AM »
Quasar,
re:  "The sixth day is Friday, which has been proven to be in error AS THE DAY OF JESUS CRUCIFIXION!"

That may be what you meant, but that is not what you wrote.  I'm not a mind reader.

Perhaps someone new looking in will know of some writing.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »
You don't have a clue as to what my intended meanings were, so don't try putting words in my mouth!  As I said before, I'm out of this thread, as it has been long overcooked!

Quasar 

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Matthew 12:40 Employing Common Idiomatic Language?
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Someone new looking in may know of examples.

Offline rstrats

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »
Or not.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter