757 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Are the Seal's in Revelation Judgments?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
Are the Seal's in Revelation Judgments?
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:34:04 AM »
I've been reading in Revelation about what has been historically taught as the "Three sets of judgments" God has for the world; the Seals, the Trumpets, and the Bowls.

However, looking at it, besides the 6th Seal (great earthquake), could anything prior to that be considered a true judgment?  Or, is God setting up the conditions for the true judgments to come (Trumpets and Seals).

If not, then the question of what is considered to be the "Tribulation" comes to mind, and then questions of pre/mid/post trib come to mind.  If the Seals are not considered to be part of the judgment/trib, then we could be in the midst of them now and not mess with a pre-Trib person's escatology...

I'm not stating any of this as fact, but more thinking out loud.  What do you think?  (please don't scream heretic at me...it's just some thoughts I had)   :D
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Are the Seal's in Revelation Judgments?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
If the Seals are not considered to be part of the judgment/trib, then we could be in the midst of them now...

That's excellent insight and others have also recently suggested it. The seals may have begun with WWI or sometime in the early 20th Century or at some other start-point.

Americans have frequently viewed bible prophecy as if it revolved around the United States, but that may not be the case. The prophecies of famines and wars may already be in the process of fulfillment, even though they haven't touched the shores of America. Horrific things have been happening globally since at least the early 20th Century (WWI is an example).

Instead of viewing the horrific prophecies as unfolding in six months, it may take a hundred years -- or longer.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »
I agree- one cannot begin to interpret biblical prophecy with America in mind.  It all focus' around Israel.  The fact America is not in the bible is telling.  To me it means that as much as it hurts my patriot heart- America has to cease to exist as a world power prior to the fullness of the prophecies of Revelation coming into affect.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
...America is not in the bible...

A guy named Irvin Baxter says that the U.S. is in the bible. Baxter says that in Daniel 7:4, the lion with wings is Britain -- and when the scripture says that the wings were plucked from the lion, it was the creation of the U.S. in 1776 because the symbol of the U.S. is eagles wings.

Quote from: Daniel 7:4, KJV
The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

I have no conclusive opinion on his interpretation, but find it to be very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:32:25 AM by me again »
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
I've been reading in Revelation about what has been historically taught as the "Three sets of judgments" God has for the world; the Seals, the Trumpets, and the Bowls.

However, looking at it, besides the 6th Seal (great earthquake), could anything prior to that be considered a true judgment?  Or, is God setting up the conditions for the true judgments to come (Trumpets and Seals).

If not, then the question of what is considered to be the "Tribulation" comes to mind, and then questions of pre/mid/post trib come to mind.  If the Seals are not considered to be part of the judgment/trib, then we could be in the midst of them now and not mess with a pre-Trib person's escatology...

I'm not stating any of this as fact, but more thinking out loud.  What do you think?  (please don't scream heretic at me...it's just some thoughts I had)   :D

Very good observation, John.  Yes, IMO, the first six seals is the prolog to the following judgements contained in the seventh seal. Containing the seven trumpet judgements,  followed by the seven bowl/vial judgements.  The seals are an amplified version of Mt.24; Mk. 3 and Lk.21, that are themselves an amplification of Dan.9:27.

As for the U.S. being in the Bible is concerned, consideration is given to the Europeans who were the first settlers of our country, who were all a part of the old Roman Empire during the days of Jesus first advent.  As such, the U.S. is therefore a part of the coming renewal of the fourth beast of Dan.7:7, which is reference to the Roman empire of Jesus first advent that will exist again when He returns in His second advent as recorded in Rev.17:9-11.

Quasar 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:08:13 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter