326 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Gun control poll at bottom of page: 01/20/2013  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Gun control poll at bottom of page: 01/20/2013
« on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »
Hi guys,

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong forum.

Would like to see what the rest of you think about the subjet poll.

They refer to semi automatic weapons and avoid mentioning attack weapons designed for use by the military in warfare.  I am personally in favor of a ban for the use of such weapons to be placed into the hands of the general puiblic.

For what purpose can private citizens use such weapons for?  The excuse they are used for hunting reveals what poor hunters they must be to cause them to become dependent of killing their prey with a spray of bullets at the animal, that has no chance at all under such circumstances.  They consider that sport?

Criminals obtain such a weapon and outgun law enforcement, endangering the lives of our peace officers.  Such people have no right to own such lethal weapons.  Because they are breaking the law by how they use them.

The mentally deranged who own such a gun, go out and see how many people they can slaughter with them, also with no right to ever own any gun.  Because they too are breaking the law by how they use them.

The hue and cry by the pro-gun lobbiests gun control violates the 2nd amendment is nothing more than a smoke screen.  Because it is not violated.  Anyone who intended to buy an attack weapon, but was denied doing so, if they are banned from private citizens, can purchase any other kind of gun they want except an attack weapon.  Their rights are not violated!

In addition, IMO, anyone using a gun in a crime should go to jail, have their weapon confiscated and sacrifice their right to own a gun thereafter.  Every large city in the country, with minor exception will have multiple crimes of shootings, with people injured or killed every single day, and I believe this would be the beginning of turning it around.

What are your thoughts?

Quasar

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:54:20 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Gun control poll at bottom of page: 01/20/2013
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
They refer to semi automatic weapons and avoid mentioning attack weapons designed for use by the military in warfare.  I am personally in favor of a ban for the use of such weapons to be placed into the hands of the general puiblic.

For what purpose can private citizens use such weapons for?

Choose the best answer:

The 2nd amendment gives U.S. citizens the right to keep and bear arms:
a) To hunt and kill animals for self-protection and for food.
b) To protect themselves against tryannical governments and tyrants.
c) Both a and b.
d) None of the above.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »
It is my understanding, the U.S. government has an Army, Navy, Marine Corp and Coast Guard to protect our country from tyranical governments and tyrants.  Is that not correct?

Why then do private citizens need automatic military attack weapons when the military is the qualified and intended personnel to have and to use them?  There is a big difference between automatic weapons from semi-automatics, private citizens are able to purchase at any time.  As such no one is threatened to lose access in any Obama gun control intentions.

Where then is there any threat to private citizens loss of the right to bear arms?  IMO, None!

Quasar   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:43:30 PM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 11:29:05 PM »
Speaking as a former soldier of modern warfare (Gulf War 1), most of the time you don't want your weapon on full auto anyway as it just wastes bullets.  That, and after the second or third round the muzzle rise has you shooting at everything but your target unless you are very well trained and using a smaller caliber weapon (M4/M16).  Battling through an ambush or perhaps taking on a wave style attack (think Korean style) are the only times I'd want full auto in my personal weapon.

Saying that, The second amendment as written gave all American's access to the most modern weapon of their time- the musket and that idea carries through to today.  It was written by guys who just fought a war for two years against a foreign militia that was trampling their rights which is why they put it in there- so your average citizen could protect their rights from a government gone bad.  Personally, I don't see a problem with a private citizen who is legally able to do so owning a rifle capable of automatic fire for sporting/shooting or home defense.  Even a semi auto AR15 can put an incredible amount of fire downrange and a person with a little practice can simulate near automatic fire with smooth fast trigger pulls.

Israel and Switzerland are two countries that immediately come to mind that ALL citizens have fully automatic weapons in their home and you don't hear about mass shootings (outside of terrorism in Israel) in either country.  I grew up with military style weapons (not full auto) in my house growing up.  They were always fully loaded, locked, with safety's on and kept in closets and gun racks in the den and living room.  They were not locked up, unloaded, with ammo kept separate.  "The most useless thing in the world is an unloaded weapon" was the mantra I grew up with, which I agree with today.  My children are fully trained in the use, cleaning, and safe handling of every weapon in the house (the exception of course is when they were very young).

I believe in liberty and the responsibility of all men to defend themselves, their families, and their loved ones.  In addition, I believe a Christian man has a responsibility to protect the weak.  Realizing this, I learned you don't bring a knife to a gun fight, and any LEO will tell you they often can't arrive fast enough to help you when the bad man comes.  Often in urban settings, the only thing they can do is tape of the crime scene and draw the chalk outline around your body.  In over 20 years of Fire/EMS I've seen this play out hundreds of times.  This is why I carry a gun at all times outside of my house (with a concealed carry permit of course).  For more on my views on this, I encourage you to read an essay by Col. Grossman.  You can find the link here- http://www.gleamingedge.com/mirrors/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Blessings my friends.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 12:43:20 PM »
Good post, John. That's my understanding too.

It is my understanding, the U.S. government has an Army, Navy, Marine Corp and Coast Guard to protect our country from tyranical governments and tyrants.  Is that not correct?

Why then do private citizens need automatic military attack weapons when the military is the qualified and intended personnel to have and to use them?  There is a big difference between automatic weapons from semi-automatics, private citizens are able to purchase at any time.  As such no one is threatened to lose access in any Obama gun control intentions.

Where then is there any threat to private citizens loss of the right to bear arms?  IMO, None!

Quasar, was the 2nd amendment written to protect Americans from a tyrannical government or simply to provide Americans with a means to hunt animals for food?
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
The second amendment was given so the people could protect themse3lves from an evil government. You need to read the federalist papers. In reading the constitution you notice that there are no limits on who, can own these weapons, what kind of weapons or how many. When the constitution was given a citizen could own the most powerful and modern weapon of the times if they could afford it. They could own cannons.
The founding fathers knew that we had to be able to arm ourselves in a fashion that would detour any government from becoming a tyranny. The constitution has never changed, but our leaders have convinced many that it does not mean what it says and they have convinced us to accept laws stripping away those rights. To not support the constitution as given is to support tyranny. There should be no restrictions other then cost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn7bkncf1_E&list=UUwGGHSKfd1Wo6yADuaoaYVw&index=6
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter