511 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: A religious man says... A saved man says...  (Read 2303 times)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
A religious man says... A saved man says...
« on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:56 PM »

A religious man says -

Thank God I'm not the sinner I used to be. I quit doing this, this, and that. Now God is giving me the power to overcome sin in my flesh.
 ---------------------------------------
 A saved man says -

Romans 7:17-25
 King James Version (KJV)

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Re: A religious man says... A saved man says...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
A religious man says -

Thank God I'm not the sinner I used to be. I quit doing this, this, and that. Now God is giving me the power to overcome sin in my flesh.
 ---------------------------------------
 A saved man says -

Romans 7:17-25
 King James Version (KJV)

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

In Romans 7 Paul is not talking about a saved man. Also there is nothing wrong with thanking God that we are not what we once were.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:16:16 AM by saved »
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »
SOOOOOOOOO SAD SAVED
Yep Paul is teaching about a SAVED man.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »
SOOOOOOOOO SAD SAVED
Yep Paul is teaching about a SAVED man.

No he was not. The saved do not practice sin.
1John 3:6-9
No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.
Little children, LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
NO ONE born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he CANNOT keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »
No he was not. The saved do not practice sin.
1John 3:6-9
No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.
Little children, LET NO ONE DECEIVE YOU. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
NO ONE born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he CANNOT keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18
King James Version (KJV)
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »
1 Corinthians 1:18
King James Version (KJV)
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS: that's what he went to the cross for; he paid for all your sins; so why do you keep confessing and asking for forgiveness, as if you are not already forgiven? Do you want Christ to crawl back up on the cross again? Christ has no more blood to shed for you, he did it once and it was enough!

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »
CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS: that's what he went to the cross for; he paid for all your sins; so why do you keep confessing and asking for forgiveness, as if you are not already forgiven? Do you want Christ to crawl back up on the cross again? Christ has no more blood to shed for you, he did it once and it was enough!

You are babbling again.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
You are babbling again.

We were given a command to follow the teachings, information and doctrine the risen Lord gave to Paul, as stated in 1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. The word (me) = Paul

Sound Doctrine for members of the Body of Christ is only found in Paul's 13 Epistles, Romans through Philemon.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
We were given a command to follow the teachings, information and doctrine the risen Lord gave to Paul, as stated in 1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. The word (me) = Paul

Sound Doctrine for members of the Body of Christ is only found in Paul's 13 Epistles, Romans through Philemon.

Then you should follow Paul and believe what he wrote.
He repented.
Grace is available to anyone who will repent and believe.
Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 09:47:37 PM »
Then you should follow Paul and believe what he wrote.
He repented.
Grace is available to anyone who will repent and believe.

Repentance means...to think differently about who Christ/God is.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 10:16:37 PM »
Repentance means...to think differently about who Christ/God is.
There are several words translated repent or repentance. However the Greek word "metanoia" means to change directions. It would mirror when the military is marching and they are told "about face." Man is born running from God and we are told to repent. Repentance is not 50%, 75%, or 99%. It is 100% or it is not repentance. The change of mind is the choice to turn to God to get right with Him what ever way He says and He says to take that heart and place it on His Son which is faith. That is why Paul says "repentance toward God." You are claiming just believe the facts about Jesus, but that will condemn people if they do not repent. It takes repentance and faith to be saved.
Are you ready to admit that men must repent to be saved?

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
There are several words translated repent or repentance. However the Greek word "metanoia" means to change directions. It would mirror when the military is marching and they are told "about face." Man is born running from God and we are told to repent. Repentance is not 50%, 75%, or 99%. It is 100% or it is not repentance. The change of mind is the choice to turn to God to get right with Him what ever way He says and He says to take that heart and place it on His Son which is faith. That is why Paul says "repentance toward God." You are claiming just believe the facts about Jesus, but that will condemn people if they do not repent. It takes repentance and faith to be saved.
Are you ready to admit that men must repent to be saved?

"Repentance toward God" for the Jews who rejected their messiah and condemned Him to death, "faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" in believing that He died for our sins, was buried, and was raised from the dead. Remember that Acts is a "transitional" book!

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:08 PM »
"Repentance toward God" for the Jews who rejected their messiah and condemned Him to death, "faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" in believing that He died for our sins, was buried, and was raised from the dead. Remember that Acts is a "transitional" book!
But that is not what the passage says. In acts 20:21 it says the same repentance is for both Jews and Greeks.
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »
I do know this...Mankind prefer the watered down Gospel..They want the emotional..for the moment feel good..Then after that passes ..what next.....Man is depraved today...Believing another Gospel..They do not want Christs Provision Alone..The want Faith Plus works...They want to be in charge of what the Believe he requires today(Its all about I will, I will, I will..They want to perform, they want to feel they have earned their position..They will not Trust Christ Alone..It is a sad sad day..

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter