450 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: "THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS!"  (Read 905 times)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
"THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS!"
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »

According to Paul’s epistles “we have redemption through His [Christ's] blood” (Eph.1:7), we are “justified by His blood” (Rom.5:9), “reconciled to God by the death of His Son” (Rom.5:10), “made nigh by the blood of Christ” (Eph.2:13), and “made the righteousness of God in Him” because “God hath made Him to be sin for us” (IICor.5:21).

The “covenant” of the Law was abolished by the cross (Col.2:14), the curse of the Law was removed by the cross (Gal.3:13), the “middle wall of partition” was broken down by the cross (Eph.2:14,15), and believers in Christ are “reconciled to God in one body by the cross” (Eph. 2:16). Little wonder Paul calls this message “the preaching of the cross”!
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
✞ To be saved from the flames of hell and the eternal separation from God forever, one must believe 'the gospel of grace'. The gospel of grace is that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, freely gave His life as the perfect sacrifice to pay for all of our sins, was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead on the third day. (1 Cor. 15:1-4)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »
As far as God is concerned every sinner is EQUAL! No big sinner, no little sinners, man is just a sinner. God showed his long suffering and grace when he save the chief of sinners,The Apostle Paul. 1 Timothy 1: 15-16; This is a (FAITHFUL) saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Hoebeit for this cause I obtained mercy, (that in me FIRST Jesus Christ might shew forth all (LONG SUFFERING), FOR a (PATTERN) to them which should HEREAFTER BELIEVE on him to LIFE ETERNAL. Everybody is without excuse. I am such a bad sinner i cannot be saved! HOG WASH! we are all EQUAL AT THE CROSS!

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »
The world and the Religious system hates the message of grace. God is not (IMPUTING SIN TO THE WORLD TODAY) 2 Corinth 5: 19; To wit , that God was in Christ reconciling the (WORLD) unto himself, (NOT IMPUTING their (TRESPASSES) unto (THEM); and hath committed unto us the Word of reconciliation. Sin ? is not the issue, it is (NOT BELIEVEING) THE GOSPEL 1 Corinth 15:1-4. Thats God 's provision for us today in the Dispensation of Grace.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
What is the *sole condition* for receiving the gift of eternal life??? Saint Paul tells us in just a few words below.

Romans 1:16
 16 For I am not ashamed of the *gospel of Christ*: for it is the power of God unto *salvation* to every one that **believeth;** to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Paul, what *IS* the *gospel of Christ* Paul answers next....

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
 1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you **the gospel** which I preached unto you, *which also ye have received*, and wherein ye stand;
 2 ***By which also ye are saved***, if ye take hold of what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that *Christ died for our sins* according to the scriptures;
 4 And that *he was buried*, and that *he rose again* the third day according to the scriptures
:

This is know as the gospel in a nut-shell “ Christ died on the cross to pay our sin debt in full, was buried and rose from the tomb for our justification”

This is what one must believe to be saved, the Gospel of Christ, with nothing added or taken away.

The sole condition for entering into the Body of Christ is faith alone that Jesus Christ died a substitutionary death on the cross for our sins and rose bodily from the dead for our justification. (1 Cor. 15: 1-4; Rom 4:25; 1 Thess. 4:14))
And of course faith is the conviction that something is true that we rely-on or trust-in. To believe in Jesus as savior is to be convinced that He guarantees everlasting life to all who simply believe in Him for it .

We know the bible teaches no act of obedience, preceding or following faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, such as commitment to obey, sorrow for sin, turning from one's sin, baptism or submission to the Lordship of Christ, may be added to, or considered part of FAITH as a condition for receiving everlasting life (Salvation.) (Rom 4:5; Gal 2:16; Titus 3:5). This saving transaction between God and the sinner is simply the giving and receiving of a free gift (Eph. 2:8-9; Rom 6:23).

If someone were to says a believer would go to hell for sinning, then he would also be saying a believer must NOT sin in order to go to heaven--therefore he is being saved by what he does, not what Jesus did on the cross! And the Bible is clear: "Not by works"! (Eph. 2:8-9). We obey God because His LOVE compels us to, and not FEAR of hell.

2 Corinthians 5:14
 " For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;"

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter