267 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: For Mr. "Saved"  (Read 3329 times)

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
For Mr. "Saved"
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »
Mr. "Saved,"

Would you like to share with us your testimony of how you came to know the Lord Jesus Christ and how you came to become a Christian? You are fervent.  :)
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Stan

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Friend of Sinners
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.theologyreview.com
Re: For Mr. "Saved"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
that would be so interesting, good idea.
Courage

Stan

http://www.theologyreview.com

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippian

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 09:54:39 AM »
Thank you for asking. I would ask you to go here where you can read it. http://www.gerald285.com/ Under the main menu list it is at the bottom of the page. I would also be interested in hearing what brought you to the Lord.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:47:25 AM by saved »
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »
So you are also going to share how you got saved, correct?
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:16:27 PM »
So you are also going to share how you got saved, correct?

1. Baptized Catholic as an infant (Roman Rite).
2. Never knew God. Became an atheist.
3. Died and was brought to hell's gate, but was allowed to return to earth. Became an instant believer in God.
4. Read the New Testament and learned about Jesus and accepted Him and was born again (had a personal experience with Him).
5. Became a practicing Roman Catholic.
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
1. Baptized Catholic as an infant (Roman Rite).
2. Never knew God. Became an atheist.
3. Died and was brought to hell's gate, but was allowed to return to earth. Became an instant believer in God.
4. Read the New Testament and learned about Jesus and accepted Him and was born again (had a personal experience with Him).
5. Became a practicing Roman Catholic.
By the way I used to also go Catholic although I never went through catechism. So what is your position on the following?

Forgiveness of Sin - Catholics believe forgiveness of sin is achieved through church ritual, with the assistance of a priest in confession.

The Bible - Catholics believe that truth is found in the Bible, as interpreted by the church, but also found in church tradition.

Catholics believe, Immaculate Conception of Mary

Catholics believe, Infallibility of the Pope

Sacraments - Catholics believe the sacraments are a means of grace(salvation)

Salvation - The Catholic religion teaches that salvation depends on faith, works and sacraments.

Salvation (Losing Salvation) - Catholics believe that salvation is lost when a responsible person commits a mortal sin. It can be regained through repentance and the sacrament of confession.

Prayer - Catholics believe in praying to God and also praying to Mary or a saint to intercede on their behalf.

Hell - The New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia defines hell in the strict sense, as "the place of punishment for the damned" including limbo of infants, limbo of the Fathers, and purgatory.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:51:21 AM by saved »

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »
that would be so interesting, good idea.

Well what is your testimony?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
So what is your position on the following?

Forgiveness of Sin - Catholics believe forgiveness of sin is achieved through church ritual, with the assistance of a priest in confession.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.(1 John 1:9)

The Bible - Catholics believe that truth is found in the Bible, as interpreted by the church, but also found in church tradition.
You are correct: “Tradition” is also used. For example, nowhere in the scripture does it say that Jesus was married or single, but it is Church “tradition” that He was never married.

That too is based on tradition. Adam and Eve were born without sin, yet they fell into sin. Tradition says that by a miraculous act of God, the Lord withheld sin from Mary to give Jesus the same chance that Adam had – to live a sinless life. Tradition says that Jesus was born through a sinless womb to prevent Him from being contaminated. Neither Adam nor Jesus were contaminated by sin upon their entrance into the world.
Only when he sits on the chair of Peter. In all other ways, Catholics believe that the pope is fallible
Sacraments - Catholics believe the sacraments are a means of grace (salvation)
Tools to help the Body of Christ until we get to heaven.
Salvation - The Catholic religion teaches that salvation depends on faith, works and sacraments.
Exchange the word “depends” with “in conjunction with” and you’re correct.
Salvation (Losing Salvation) - Catholics believe that salvation is lost when a responsible person commits a mortal sin. It can be regained through repentance and the sacrament of confession.
He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life. (Rev. 3:5a)
Prayer - Catholics believe in praying to God and also praying to Mary or a saint to intercede on their behalf.
…we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses… (Heb. 12:1)
Asking someone to pray for you is acceptable.

Hell - The New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia defines hell in the strict sense, as "the place of punishment for the damned" including limbo of infants, limbo of the Fathers, and purgatory.
Someone who has lived an evil life, but who has a deathbed conversion, may be on the outer perimeter of heaven – initially. However, it is not in hell.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.(1 John 1:9)
You are correct: “Tradition” is also used. For example, nowhere in the scripture does it say that Jesus was married or single, but it is Church “tradition” that He was never married.
That too is based on tradition. Adam and Eve were born without sin, yet they fell into sin. Tradition says that by a miraculous act of God, the Lord withheld sin from Mary to give Jesus the same chance that Adam had – to live a sinless life. Tradition says that Jesus was born through a sinless womb to prevent Him from being contaminated. Neither Adam nor Jesus were contaminated by sin upon their entrance into the world. Only when he sits on the chair of Peter. In all other ways, Catholics believe that the pope is fallibleTools to help the Body of Christ until we get to heaven. Exchange the word “depends” with “in conjunction with” and you’re correct. He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life. (Rev. 3:5a) …we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses… (Heb. 12:1)
Asking someone to pray for you is acceptable.
Someone who has lived an evil life, but who has a deathbed conversion, may be on the outer perimeter of heaven – initially. However, it is not in hell.

So doesn't all this make you a works Salvationist?

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:13:06 AM »
So doesn't all this make you a works Salvationist?

Yes, you are totally correct that Jesus performed all the works that are necessary for my salvation. I'm not going to try to run from your statement.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works [of the law], so that no one can boast.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »
Yes, you are totally correct that Jesus performed all the works that are necessary for my salvation. I'm not going to try to run from your statement.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works [of the law], so that no one can boast.

That's good that you see that. Now here is my question. How is it that you claim to be a practicing Catholic when you disagree with their doctrine? Also why would you want to associate yourself in any way with a religious sect that teaches a false gospel?

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
For Mr. "Saved"
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
That's good that you see that. Now here is my question. How is it that you claim to be a practicing Catholic when you disagree with their doctrine? Also why would you want to associate yourself in any way with a religious sect that teaches a false gospel?

Look who is asking that question, your sooooooooooo cheesy. And you think your saved because you repentnt 100 times a day. SOOOOOOO SAD  :( You don't even know the Gospel :( You have no understanding of the Word of God. Your name should be LOST not SAVED. Have A Nice Day. Grace & Peace.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:04:09 PM by The Crusader »
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
How is it that you claim to be a practicing Catholic when you disagree with their doctrine? Also why would you want to associate yourself in any way with a religious sect that teaches a false gospel?

Please state the Catholic doctrine, as you understand it.  :)

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »
Please state the Catholic doctrine, as you understand it.  :)
That is works salvation and not by grace alone through faith alone.

That means the bible is not all we need.

That means that the bible is wrong because it says all have come short of the glory of God.

That means that the Pope is equal with God.

More works salvation.

Like I said works salvation.

That means that we are saved by works and kept by works.

This means that Jesus was wrong as He told us Who to pray to.

http://www.catholicdoors.com/courses/salvatio.htm
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:25:58 PM by saved »

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
That is works salvation and not by grace alone through faith alone.

That means the bible is not all we need.

That means that the bible is wrong because it says all have come short of the glory of God.

That means that the Pope is equal with God.

More works salvation.

Like I said works salvation.

That means that we are saved by works and kept by works.

This means that Jesus was wrong as He told us Who to pray to.

Do you have any Catholic sources to support your claim that these are the interpretations of the Catholic Church?  :)

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter