439 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: IMPORTANT INFO...  (Read 7398 times)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
IMPORTANT INFO...
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »
Rightly Dividing God’s Word

The key in scripture that will clear up almost all confusion in studying the Bible is to ‘rightly divide’ God’s word as God directs us to do.

2 Timothy 2:15
”Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, *rightly dividing* the word of truth.”

Now *ALL* scripture is profitable to us, but not all scripture spoken as instructions directly to “us.” Paul gives us help here:

2 Timothy 3:16
 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

This scripture has 4 main applications.
 1. Doctrine
 2. Reproof
 3. Correction
 4. Instruction.

Of those four, we will concern ourselves with “Doctrine.” A very simple illustration of this important principal of “rightly dividing” can be seen in God's command to Adam and Eve to refrain from eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That was for them. It is not DOCTRINALLY for you and me.

This is just one of many, many examples! God commanded an arc be built, not to work on Saturdays(The Sabbath), offer animal scarifies, and the list goes on and on and on. These doctrines are real and were true, but what these scriptures actually says have no bearing on your lives today. God wasn’t talking to you or me! "

*ALL* of his word is written “for” us to read, learn, enjoy, deepen our understanding of God, but all of it is NOT “instructions” given directly to us today.

The Old Testament, for example, has many sacrifices, rules, both dietary and social, that were mandatory to the Hebrew people. They were NOT written to YOU doctrinally.

The earthly ministry of Jesus was to Israel primarily. Jesus himself said: Matthew 15:24 “But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel”

Saint Paul was appointed the "apostle to the Gentiles". (That's us, folks!)

“For I speak to you Gentiles(Non-Jewish people), inasmuch as I am *the apostle of the Gentiles*, I magnify mine office:” Romans 11:13

The one fact, "rightly dividing" will open up many of the scriptures for you.

Ask these 4 questions to any verses of scriptures to understand what was written to whom and is it applicable to us today.

Questions:
 1. Who Spoke this?
 2. Who was this spoke to?
 3 Am I in the group spoke to? (Jew, Gentile or Christian?)
 4. Is this a vertical truth or a horizontal truth? (Is it universally applicable or to just the group spoken to.)
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
IMPORTANT INFO...
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
If the Institutional Church is in the will of God, and directed by God, can someone please explain why there are almost 40,000 denominations?

Offline Stan

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Friend of Sinners
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.theologyreview.com
Re: IMPORTANT INFO...
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »
The irony of this is this..  when he was talking about all scripture is inspired etc, he was primarily talking about the old testament.
Courage

Stan

http://www.theologyreview.com

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippian

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
IMPORTANT INFO...
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
“As "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make one drink," so also, "You can drag a Christian to the truth, but you can't make one think”

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter