379 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The Biblical Description of God  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
The Biblical Description of God
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
The following thread is theology, pertaining to the Biblical description of God, as it differs from the doctrine of the Trinity.  It is not being posted to cause animosity between members in any way, but to seriously study the facts from the Scriptures, with an open mind. Any differences of issues will be responded to when and as posted.

It is hard to understand anyone who does not believe that Jesus was/is the Son of God, literally God the Son, according to Ps.45:6-7, 110:1 and Isa.7:14. How could it be possible for the Holy Spirit to produce the pre-incarnate spirit of Jesus, by the virgin Mary, without receiving the deity of God, as found in Mt.1:20 and in  Lk.1:32, 35?  To be empowered to give/baptize with the Holy Spirit to all who receive Him as Lord? Mt.3:11, Mk.1:8, Lk.3:16, Jn.1:33, 3:16, 20:21-22, Acts 2:1-3, 1 Jn.3:24 and 1 Jn.4:13. To say nothing of performing 19 noteable miracles of healing the blind, the deaf, people with terminal illness and raising three from the dead? Do you think any ordinary human being could ever do that?

The following is God's description of Himself, directly from the Scriptures.

Let me assure you that I am fully convinced that you all love the Lord! By the same token, you can be equally certain that I love Him too. With that having been said, the following Scriptural contradiction of the doctrine of the Trinity is documented  in the following, to  seek and correct, the false teachings found in it, that were accepted into the Roman Catholic Church in the 4th century A.D.

1. it is necessary to properly identify God, whom both Jesus, Paul and John have done, in Jn.1:18, 4:24; Rom.1:20; 2 Cor.3:17-18, Col.1:15 and 1 Jn.4:12, when they identify Him as Spirit.

2. God, who is the Spirit, makes it clear that He is also Holy, in Lev.11:44-45;  Lev.19:2; Ps.99:3; Ps.99:5; 1 Pet.1:15-16 and in Rev.4:8. Therefore there is no option to the fact that God is the HOLY SPIRIT.  [As well as the Father, according to the Scriptures, recorded in 6. below].

3. The fact that God is the Holy Spirit - He is also known as YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, Lord, Almighty God - as well as many other names and titles all quite well known to you all.

4. God makes it clear in the OT, He is eternal, that there is no other God but He Himself. "....Before me no God was formed, nor will there be one after me." Isa.43:10. And in another place, "....I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." Isa.44:6. See also Isa,45:5 and Ex.3:14, "I AM WHO I AM."

5. It can be clearly seen from the Scriptures, God is indeed the Holy Spirit. With that having been Scripturally established, what about the origin of the pre-incarnate Jesus, as well as who His Father is?

Beginning in Proverbs 8, pertaining to the attributes of God's Wisdom, I refer specifically to the following portion of it in verses 22 through 36, that clearly identify the pre-incarnate spirit of Jesus Christ as the WHO, of the Wisdom of God. [From the NIV].

"The Lord brought me forth as the first of His works, before His deed of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. When there were no oceans, I was given birth, [Vs 22-24]

when there were no springs abounding with water; before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, before He made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. [Vs 24-26]

I was there when He set the heavens in place, when He marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above and fixed securly the fountains of the deep, [Vs 27-28]

when He gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep His command, and when He marked out the foundations of the earth. Then I was the craftsman at His side. I was filled with delight day after day, [Vs 29-30]

rejoicing always in His presence, rejoicing in His whole world and delighting in mankind. Now then my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. [Vs 30-33]

Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death." [Vs 34-36]

That Jesus is the Wisdom [Power and knowledge] of God is made abundantly clear in 1 Cor.1:24 and Col.2:2-3

From the above, the Word of God clearly reveals the pre-incarnate spirit of Jesus Christ was created and is therefore not 'co-eternal' with the Spirit of God, as God stated clearly in Isa.43:10 and 44:6.  [Please note:  See below as to when Jesus did become the Son of God and literally God the Son]  The same passage of Scripture also clearly reveals there are two 'personages' involved, not just one. God, whom the Scriptures reveal is the Holy Spirit, and the pre-incarnate Spirit of Jesus Christ.

In the KJV, is another example of the pre-incarnate Spirit of Jesus being created, comes from their translation of Pr.8:22, which reads as follows: "The Lord POSSESSED me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old." In a review of Gen.14:19 and 22, the term POSSESS in both, means CREATOR, i.e., that God CREATED the heavens and the earth, as well as the pre-incarnate Spirit of Jesus Christ, confirming Col.1:15.  [Jesus received His deity from His Father as recorded in 6. below].

To further reinforce the Pr.8:22-36 passage, it can also be seen in Col.1:15, that Jesus is/was the FIRSTBORN over all creation. And in vs 18, it is written that He is the FIRSTBORN from the dead. Let it be crystal clear, the term, 'FIRSTBORN' means exactly the same in both verses! It means FIRSTBORN, not of everlasting eternity, but rather, as in Pr.8:22, He was brought forth, as the first of YHWH's works, before the world began.

6.  When the Holy Spirit of God overpowered the virgin Mary, she conceived what became the incarnate Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, several things happened: 1. God, who is the Holy Spirit became the Father of Jesus, documenting the Holy Spirit and the Father, according to Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35.  2. The term "Father" is the very same title all men receive after they have produced children of their own, as was the case with God, when He produced His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Therefore, God who is the Holy Spirit and the Father are one and the same person.   

Fulfilling the prophecy of God in Ps.2:7, repeated after being fulfilled in Heb.1:5.  3. Jesus immediately received the Holy Spirit and His deity together with the power to give/baptize with the Holy Spirit, confirming Mt.3:11; Mk.1:8; Lk.3:16; Jn.1:33 and Acts 2:1-3.  Jesus said, whoever believes in Him is born again, through the Holy Spirit He gives/baptizes with, to those who do, and promises eternal life in: Jn.3:16, Mt.3:11, Mk.1:8, Lk.3:16, Jn.1:33 and Acts 2:1-3.  See also Jn.10:27-29,  20:21-22, 1 Jn.3:24 and 1 Jn.4:13.

At this point, we have now seen, the Spirit of God [The Holy Spirit], is YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, Lord God, God Almighty, etc., etc., etc., and is also the Father. We have also seen the Father and the Son are two separate entities who are neither co-eternal nor co-equal. Jesus said the Father is greater than He in Jn.14:28 and greater than all in Jn.10:29.

7.  Which  brings us to the matter of Jesus remarks about He and the Father being one, which many people fail to comprehend and understand - those remarks were all pertaining to the spiritual - and have nothing whatever to do with any kind of physical involvement. He said He and the Father are one in Jn.10:30 and Jn.17:21-22. What Jesus meant in 17:21-22, that all we believers become one with He and the Father, as He and the Father are. When you think about that carefully, you realize that we all become a part of the one body of Christ, [And the Father] through belief in Him, receiving His baptism with the Holy Spirit [Mt.3:11; Mk.1:8; Lk.3:16; Jn.1:33 and Acts 2:1-3], becoming a born again Christian [Spiritually], through the one Spirit of God. 1 Cor.12:12-13. But we all retain our own physical, individual identities, in the very same way the Father and the Son do. Two Persons!

Keep in mind, the Spirit of God dwelt within Jesus when He said, "...When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be AND THAT I DO NOTHING ON MY OWN BUT SPEAK JUST WHAT THE FATHER HAS TAUGHT ME." Jn.8:28 [From the NIV].  Jesus also stated: "MY FATHER [THE HOLY SPIRIT] LIVES IN ME, DOING HIS WORK," in Jn.14:10.  An exact case and point can be found in Lk.22:3, where Satan entered into Judas, who was then controlled by Satan, who is also spirit, in the same way the Spirit of God controlled what Jesus said and did. But both Jesus and Judas retained their own individuality and identity.

8. The apostles in every epistle in the Bible offer greetings to BOTH THE FATHER AND TO JESUS. If they were only one person, it is quite obvious those greetings would all have been different. By the same token, the Holy Spirit is not mentioned in any of those greetings, because the apostles all knew the Father was/is the Holy Spirit.

9.  The Father and the Son are two separate 'personages.' The Spirit of God Fathered His only begotten Son. A father and a son are never only one person. Jesus prayed to the Father incessantly, as in the example of Jn.17:1-26. Jesus commended His Spirit to the Father, Lk.23:46 and the Father raised Jesus from the dead, Rom.10:9 and a number of other places. Jesus ascended, in Acts 1:9 and now sits on the right hand of the Father, Heb.10:12 and in other places.  All those who participate in the first resurrection, are to be made priests of God and of Jesus, recorded in Rev.20:6.  In the new heaven and earth, both the Father and the Son are present in Rev.21:22-23.  The Holy Spirit is not mentioned there, because He is Almighty God.

10.  Pertaining to the literal description of God - where Jesus stated in Jn.17:3 that the FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD. Clearly inferring that He considered Himself God as well. Otherwise, Jesus would undoubtedly have said His FATHER IS THE ONY GOD, would He not? By the same token, the Father prophecied by calling His Son, God in Ps.45:6-7, [and Lord in] Ps.110:1 and in Isa.7:14. After that was fulfilled, it was repeated in Mt.1:23, 22:44 and in Heb.1:8-9. It is also written that Jesus is the image of the invisible God. [Though the Father is Pure Spirit, Jesus had a human/physical body [Recorded in Heb.10:5] that received an imperishable, immortal resurrection body, as seen in 1 Cor.15:44,52-54, whose pre-incarnate Spirit was created, according to Pr.8:22-25]. Though there is no question as to Jesus deity, the proper description of God is as documented in 6. above:

ONE TRUE GOD AND JESUS CHRIST, THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD/AND LITERALLY, GOD THE SON [As in Isa.7:14, fulfilled in Mt.1:23].  THEREFORE OUR GODHEAD CONSISTS OF THE FATHER, WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRT AND THE SON, WHO IS JESUS CHRIST.

Why is the doctrine of the Trinity in error?  Neither Jesus nor His apostles ever taught a Trinity!  It cannot be taught nor supported from the Bible.  Because God is identified as the Holy Spirit, in the Bible, by Jesus in Jn.4:24, by Paul in Rom.1:10; 2 Cor.3:17-18 and Col.1:15, and John in Jn.1:18 and in 1 Jn.4:12.  And that He is Holy, in Lev.11:44-45; Lev.19:2; Ps.99:3; Ps.99:5; 1 Pet.1:15-16 and in Rev.4:8.

With that having been established, there is no option to the fact the Holy Spirit is therefore also the Father of Jesus Christ, as found in Mt.1:20 and Lk,1:35. Which means there is one personage consisting of the Holy Spirit, who is also the Father, and the second personage, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, [Literally, God the Son] also referred to as God by the Father, in Ps.45:6-7, Lord in 110:1 and Immanuel which means God with us, in Isa.7:14.  Repeated in Mt.1:23, 22:44 and in Heb.1:8-9 when it was fulfilled. Obviously only two personages, not three. That is also the reason why Mt.28:19 is a verse that was tampered with by attempts to make the Holy Spirit and the Father, His title, two persons instead of the one that they are.  [And 1 Jn.5:7 which is an insert, that does not appear in any of the early Greek manuscripts]. Jesus would never have made such a statement, when He knew very well, His Father [which is the very same title all men receive after they have produced children of their own], is the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, The description of God through the doctrine of the Trinity or any of the man made Creeds is quite impossible. Because Jesus and the Father are two separate personages [One by the One Spirit, as all we believers are, as found in Jn.17:21-22 and 1 Cor.12:12-14]. The Father [The Holy Spirit] and the Son [Jesus, whom the Father calls God], are neither co-eternal nor co-equal, as recorded in Pr.8:22-36; Jn.14:28 and Jn.17:3. The three personages described as the Formula of the doctrine of the Trinity, consists of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit; which is in fact, identifying the Holy Spirit and the Father as two personages, when they are but one, according to the documented Scriptures addressed above.

Original source:

http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/topic/3265768/The-Biblical-Description-of-God#.Ux_iizKYaAI

Quasar
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:36:26 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Re: The Biblical Description of God
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »
More of your false teachings and no that is not theology. Calling heresy theology is like calling darkness light.  John 1:1 and 14 makes your claims false.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

v14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus is OT Jehovah. Because you do not have the faith to accept that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God you seek to explain away the truth.

The fact that Jesus Christ is Yahweh can be determined by comparing the following Old Testament verses with the corresponding New Testament verses.

Isaiah 40:3 speaks about preparing the way for the LORD (Yahweh).  When we compare this verse with Mark 1:3 we readily see that Jesus is the LORD who had the way prepared for him by John the Baptist.

In Joel 2:32a it says that whoever calls upon the Name of the LORD (Yahweh) will be saved.  This verse is quoted by Peter in Acts 2:21, and by Paul in Romans 10:13.  Both apostles are clearly referring to Jesus as the LORD.

In Isaiah 6:1-10 we read about the marvelous vision that Isaiah had revealing the glory of the LORD (Yahweh).  John tells us, in John 12:40-41, that this vision revealed the glory of Jesus.

In Isaiah 44:6, Yahweh refers to himself as “the First and the Last”.  In Revelation 1:8 and 17, Jesus similarly refers to himself as “the Alpha and the Omega” and “the First and the Last”.

In Zechariah 12:10 the LORD (Yahweh) is speaking and says that, “they will look on Me whom they have pierced.”[4] This is obviously Jesus speaking (Psalm 22:16; John 19:34).  This passage from Zechariah appears again in Revelation 1:7b and is clearly about Jesus Christ.

As Yahweh, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, Jesus is eternal, having all the qualities and attributes of God.  Even on earth, in human form, Jesus was the image of the invisible God; the exact representation of God’s nature (Colossians 1:15; Hebrews 1:3).  Jesus is not some sort of demi-god but in him dwells the fullness of deity (“God-ness”) in bodily form (Colossians 2:9).  Jesus Christ, born of the virgin Mary, was fully man and fully God, having both a human and divine nature at the same time.

As eternal God, Jesus Christ existed before he came to earth as a human baby and was referred to by John through the Spirit as the (Logos) Word.  He existed before the creation of the earth.  In fact, Jesus was instrumental in its creation.  The Bible says that all things were created by Him, and that nothing was made without Him (John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:2).   Jesus is not a created being himself.

The Scriptures teach us that there is only one God and we are commanded that we should worship no other gods beside Him (Exodus 20:3).  Yet from Scripture we can see that Jesus Christ is worshipped eternally, further proving his deity and place in the Godhead (Philippians 2:10-11; Revelation 5:9-14).

As wonderful as Yahweh’s Name is,[5] there is a name which has even greater significance and importance:

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him a name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus  every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.  Philippians 2:9-11.

[1] Jesus’ disciples, those closest to him, testified that Jesus is God. Peter writes “our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ” in 2 Peter 1:1; Thomas addresses Jesus as “My Lord and my God!” in John 20:28; and  John called the Word/Jesus, “God” in John 1:1.  Also, the apostle Paul calls Jesus “the great God and Saviour” in Titus 2:13

[2] King David had no problem with declaring the Name of God.  In the first and ninth verse of Psalm 8 he says (sings), “O Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your Name in all the earth!”

[3] “Jehovah” was another way of saying God’s Name and appeared in old English translations of the Old Testament; but this pronunciation has fallen out of favour because it is now considered inaccurate.

[4] Some paraphrases, such as the Good News Bible and the Living Bible, do not translate this verse accurately.

[5] O LORD (Yahweh), our Lord (Adonai), how majestic is your Name in all the earth!  Psalm 8:1 & 9
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:40:34 PM by saved »
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:54:23 AM »
More of your false teachings and no that is not theology. Calling heresy theology is like calling darkness light.  John 1:1 and 14 makes your claims false.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is NOT Jehovah. Because you do not have the faith to accept that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God you seek to explain away the truth.

The fact that Jesus Christ is Yahweh can be determined by comparing the following Old Testament verses with the corresponding New Testament verses.

First of all, you have posted a number of misconcepts, among which, that my post does not reveal Jesus deity!  He did not become Jesus, the Son of God, and literally God the Son, until in Mt.1:20 and in Lk.1:32 and 35!  It also confirms Jn.1:1-3; Heb.1:2; Gen.1:26, 11:7: Col.1:15,16 and Jn.Jn.17:3, 5!

You are the one who is following the heretic doctrine of the Trinity!  There is no such thing and never was!  It is a man made doctrine Jesus, His disciples nor the Bible ever taught!  Whereas the Scriptural Description of God I posted can be proven every step of the way!  Nowhere in my post will you find me calling Jesus Jehovah or Yahwey!

The Scriptures describe God as the Holy Spirit AND Father of Jesus Christ, which bust the Trinity, Mt.28:19 and 1Jn.5:7 right off the bat!

THERE WAS NO SON OF GOD IN THE OT!  But rather, the pre-incarnate spirit who later became the human Jesus, in Jn.1:14.

Jesus is Yahshua, never Yahweh!

Review the following and learn the Scriptural facts!

http://servetustheevangelical.com/doc/Is_Jesus_Yahweh.pdf

http://www.rlbible.com/jesus/?p=45

The letter J, and Jehovah not used in the English language until the 17th century.

http://www.yaiy.org/literature/MistakenJ.html

Prove any part of the following Scriptures describing God and the origin of Jesus, or your trinitarian views are false!

The following reasons are why the Trinity is false and cannot be proven by the Scriptures!

1. God is Spirit: Jn.1:18; Rom.1:20; 2 Cor.3:17-18; Col.1:15; 1 Tim.1:17; 1 Tim.6:16 Heb.11.27 and 1 Jn.4:12.2.

2. God is Holy: Lev.11:44-45; Lev.19:2; Isa.43:3; Jos.24:19; 1 Sam.2:2; Job 6:10; Ps.99:3 and 1 Pet.1:15-16.3.

3. According to the above, there is no option to the Scriptural fact, God is the Holy Spirit AND Father of Jesus, according to Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35.4.

The origin of the pre-incarnate spirit of the person who later became Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, was brought forth by the Father [Who is the Holy Spirit according to the Scriptures] in Pr.8:22-36, before the world began, the firstborn over all creation, according to Col.1:15. Fulfilling Ps.2:7 and Acts 13:33.

4. Therefore, as the above Scriptures prove, there is no option to the fact the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus!

As recorded in 3. above, the Scriptures describe God to be the Holy Spirit AND Father, ONE person, NOT TWO!

As documented in 4. above, the Father and the Son are TWO SEPARATE ENTITIES, NOT ONE! Confirmed in Mt.1:20 and in Lk.1:35.

Why is the trinitarian view false? From the beginning, the formula for their views come from belief the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit formulate a monogamous Godhead. As the Scriptures fully describe God to be the Holy Spirit, the term Father, is nothing more than His title. The very same title all men receive when they produce children of their own. It never constitutes making two persons out of the person who is the father, as is the case with our one and only God the Holy Spirit, and the one and only Son of God, Jesus Christ.

Shocking trinitarian admissions: 

http://www.trumpetcallbooks.com/trinity_truth.html

http://www.ucg.ca/booklets/is-god-a-trinity/trinity-biblical

Quasar
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:30:31 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:28:31 AM »
Tell me something. Do you worship Jesus?
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »
Tell me something. Do you worship Jesus?

I told you once before not to insult me in any of your posts again, sonny!  Either pay attention to the Biblical facts or you continue to show your bigotted epitome of Scriptural ignorance!  Either support your false claims the Biblical description of God is false, that bust the Trinity, or you and the Trinity are soundly refuted!

Quasar

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:34:52 PM »

I told you once before not to insult me in any of your posts again, sonny!  Either pay attention to the Biblical facts or you continue to show your bigotted epitome of Scriptural ignorance!  Either support your false claims the Biblical description of God is false, that bust the Trinity, or you and the Trinity are soundly refuted!

Quasar
Like the false prophet and cult member you are you hide from questions. Do you worship Jesus?

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
Like the false prophet and cult member you are you hide from questions. Do you worship Jesus?

Listen, you coward; it's so easy for you to mouth off when you can make remarks you wouldn't dare make to me personally!  I am a qualified and degreed teacher of the Scriptures and have studied them since 1937 while in High School!  I'm a WW2 Vet in my 90th year and don't stand for punks like you insulting me, capiche?  I was a Trinitarian for 45 years while holding memberships in the Presbyterian; Brethren; Methodist; Lutheran and Baptist churches - depending where I have lived.  Over the past 31 years I am non-denominational because my studies have revealed the fallacy to the  heretic teachings that originated from the Roman Catholic Church! 

Forgive me John and me again, you have a post you will probably have to delete!  But I demand the same treatment for the posts that insult me as well!

Quasar

Offline Don777

• Theologyreview.com
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 02:25:16 AM »
Worshiping Jesus Christ as God. "My LORD and my God."

Hi Quasar,

Your seasoned experience is very much appreciated. I have not yet read your posts in full. The question Saved is asking of you seems reasonable and to the point. There are certain groups who do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God; worthy of our worship.

If we view Jesus as God, then certainly we worship Him as God.

If we do not view Jesus as God, then to worship him would be to sin; breaking the first commandment of the decalogue.

It may be unfair to put you on the spot with such a personal question. It may be more appropriate to ask if Jesus Christ should be worshiped as God.

Don

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
Worshiping Jesus Christ as God. "My LORD and my God."

Hi Quasar,

Your seasoned experience is very much appreciated. I have not yet read your posts in full. The question Saved is asking of you seems reasonable and to the point. There are certain groups who do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Son of God; worthy of our worship.

If we view Jesus as God, then certainly we worship Him as God.

If we do not view Jesus as God, then to worship him would be to sin; breaking the first commandment of the decalogue.

It may be unfair to put you on the spot with such a personal question. It may be more appropriate to ask if Jesus Christ should be worshiped as God.

Don

Hi Don,

Welcome to Theology Review and I hope you enjoy your stay with us here.

Yes, you would need to read the history of the thread to understand the reason for my last post to Saved.  The case and point, and bottom line is this:  When people have read the entire context of my OP, such callous remarks would never be made, which to me are nothing but a personal insult.

May I suggest that you read the complete OP article and your concerns about whom I worship will be answered in full.

God Bless!

Quasar

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter