487 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: ✞ "WHERE WILL I GO WHEN I DIE?"  (Read 2422 times)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
✞ "WHERE WILL I GO WHEN I DIE?"
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »

Every human being has asked this question. We know this is true because the Bible tells us that God has set eternity in the hearts of men (Ecclesiastes 3:11) In other words, every man, regardless of his belief in God, has a gnawing sense that there is something beyond this life, and that death doesn't end it all.

For some, it is believed that we will all come back in another form or another body. For others, it is believed that we will come back as spirits, hovering around the earth. And yet, for others, it is believed that all good people will go to heaven, and all bad people will go to hell. Whatever the differing opinions may be, the one common thread in all these beliefs is that man is an eternal being, and as such, he will continue on in some way and in some place after death.

RECOGNIZE that God is perfectly Holy, and that all have sin is rebellion against Him and therefore must be punished. The God-appointed punishment for sin is death! Since all men are sinners, then all men must be punished!

REMEMBER that God the Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world, to be punished for the sins of all people; that Christ took their sins upon Himself, was punished in their place, rose from the tomb and gave them His righteousness in exchange for their sins, making them acceptable to the Father.

RECEIVE the free offer of the gospel, *believing*[Faith/Trust] that what Christ did on the cross and His resurrection is sufficient to pay for all your sins, and that by receiving His free gift by faith, you are forgiven all your sins, the judgment against you has been lifted, and you are made a child of God. Please place your trust in his sacrifice for you now!
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline saved

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.gerald285.com
Re: ✞ "WHERE WILL I GO WHEN I DIE?"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »
Here is how to know where you are headed.
1John 2:3,4
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Isaiah 48:18,Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:20:56 PM »

Every human being has asked this question. We know this is true because the Bible tells us that God has set eternity in the hearts of men (Ecclesiastes 3:11) In other words, every man, regardless of his belief in God, has a gnawing sense that there is something beyond this life, and that death doesn't end it all.

For some, it is believed that we will all come back in another form or another body. For others, it is believed that we will come back as spirits, hovering around the earth. And yet, for others, it is believed that all good people will go to heaven, and all bad people will go to hell. Whatever the differing opinions may be, the one common thread in all these beliefs is that man is an eternal being, and as such, he will continue on in some way and in some place after death.

RECOGNIZE that God is perfectly Holy, and that all have sin is rebellion against Him and therefore must be punished. The God-appointed punishment for sin is death! Since all men are sinners, then all men must be punished!

REMEMBER that God the Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world, to be punished for the sins of all people; that Christ took their sins upon Himself, was punished in their place, rose from the tomb and gave them His righteousness in exchange for their sins, making them acceptable to the Father.

RECEIVE the free offer of the gospel, *believing*[Faith/Trust] that what Christ did on the cross and His resurrection is sufficient to pay for all your sins, and that by receiving His free gift by faith, you are forgiven all your sins, the judgment against you has been lifted, and you are made a child of God. Please place your trust in his sacrifice for you now!

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
 Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »
SAVED thanks, don't forget to repent tonight

Offline Stan

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Friend of Sinners
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.theologyreview.com
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 08:59:43 AM »
Here is how to know where you are headed.
1John 2:3,4
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

AND yet, when I tell people that I am a Seventh-day Adventist they instantly switch it over to the commandments were done away with... 

Weird eh?  sometimes even humorous.
Courage

Stan

http://www.theologyreview.com

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippian

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
The Scriptures reveal the facts:

"Do not think I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."  Mt.4:17-18 NIV.

Which means, it will last all through the Millennial reign of Jesus on the throne of David, in the restored kingdom of Israel, where the Law will again be activated.  Until the 1,000 year reign of Christ is over here on the earth and the GWT judgement takes place.  That terminates with the present heaven and earth passing away and a new heaven and earth provided by God, in Rev.21:1.

That the Law will be reactivated during Jesus Millennial reign, does not in any way abrogate a single thing He accomplished by the work He did on the cross and shedding His blood for the atonement of our sins.  But rather, to teach Israel the meaning of their seven feasts and festivals that never provided them atonement for their sins during the OT times, they were never taught previously.  That will be made possible at that time and result in many being saved during that 1,000 year period of time.

Quasar

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:27:09 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »
Where do we go when we die physically?

"Therefore, we are always confident, knowing that, while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.  For we walk by faith, not by sight;  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."  2 Cor.5:6-8  KJV.  Confirming Ecc.12:7.

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, 'Depart from me, ye cursed, unto everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.'"  Mt.25:41  KJV.

"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous unto life eternal."  Mt.25:46  KJV.

For those of us who belong to the Lord, we go to be with Him immediately following our physical death.

"and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.  Do you believe this?"  Jn.11:26  NIV.

Quasar

"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »

✞ What Happens After You Die?

If you are a good person, will you go to heaven? Would you consider yourself to be a good person?

The Bible says.. Romans 3:10-13
 v10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
 v11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
 v12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The Bible never says good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell! We look for God to punish the wicked and reward the good if we believe that is how the justice of God is dispensed. But is that God's justice? No, he says none are good, no not one come up to his holy standards of good.

The Bible says...
 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— Romans 5:12

If you can accept this premise, that everyone is guilty of sin, then the answer to the question is that none of us can get into heaven by trying to be good, because we will never be good enough. We are all sinners.

Good News! The Bible says...Romans 5:8
 v8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

If you will place your "faith" in that Jesus died to pay for your sins and rose from the dead to give you the free gift of eternal life with him in heaven.....he will save you! Please do that now!

I Thess. 4:14
 v14. "For if we *believe* that *Jesus died and rose again*, even so them also which sleep(dead) in Jesus will God bring with him. (And of course “to believe” is to have the conviction that something is true that we rely-on or trust-in.)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
✞ What Happens After You Die?

1. If you are a good person, will you go to heaven? Would you consider yourself to be a good person?

2. The Bible says.. Romans 3:10-13
 v10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
 v11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
 v12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

3. The Bible never says good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell! We look for God to punish the wicked and reward the good if we believe that is how the justice of God is dispensed. But is that God's justice? No, he says none are good, no not one come up to his holy standards of good.

4. The Bible says...
 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— Romans 5:12

5. If you can accept this premise, that everyone is guilty of sin, then the answer to the question is that none of us can get into heaven by trying to be good, because we will never be good enough. We are all sinners.

6. Good News! The Bible says...Romans 5:8
 v8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

If you will place your "faith" in that Jesus died to pay for your sins and rose from the dead to give you the free gift of eternal life with him in heaven.....he will save you! Please do that now!

7. I Thess. 4:14
 v14. "For if we *believe* that *Jesus died and rose again*, even so them also which sleep(dead) in Jesus will God bring with him. (And of course “to believe” is to have the conviction that something is true that we rely-on or trust-in.)

With all the threads you have posted involving salvation, I have the impression you are not sure whether Jesus died for all of your sins, or just part of them and that you fear losing it.  Is that right?

1. Being good or bad has nothing at all to do with our salvation.  When we hear the Gospel and believe in Jesus with faith, that He is who He claims to be and did what He did on a cross.  Dying for all the sins we commit, past, present and future, and paying for them in full - in our place.

2. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, AND ARE JUSTIFIED FREELY BY HIS GRACE THAT CAME BY CHRIST JESUS.  God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement through faith in His blood..."  Rom.3:23-25. NIV  Which is achieved through our acting upon Jn.3:16; Rom.10:9-10 and Eph.1:13-14. 

3. Yes the Bible does make it crystal clear that we go to heaven when we die, and that the wicked go to Gehenna/the lake of fire [Sheol/Hades/Hell are all temporal]!  See Dan.12:2; Jn.5:28-29 and Rev.20:15.  2 Cor.5:6-8; Phil.1:21-23; Rev.6:9-11; 7:9-17 confirming Ecc.12:7.  When we have confessed our sins and receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God sees us as fully justified and in His sight, worthy, washed clean by the blood of Jesus.  See Heb.10:15-17 and Jn.10:27-28.

4. And all of us who seek Christ and come to know Him as our own personal Lord and Savior, we will be saved and our salvation is guaranteed, according to Jn.3:16; Rom.10:9-10 and Eph.1:13-14.  And we have crossed over from death unto life eternal, according to Jn.5:24.

5. Our salvation is by the free gift of God, which we can never earn from works or buy with anything as documented in Eph.2:4-9.  But when we believe in Christ, we are seated with Him in heavenly realms.  See also Rom.8:30.

6. That is all good and proper teaching.

7. With reference to 1 Thess.4:14, you need to review vs 13 first, which is Paul's assurance to the Thessalonians, their dead in Christ will not miss the rapture of the Church he had been teaching them about, and then told them why, in vs 14.  Because all the dead in Christ will return with Him FROM HEAVEN when He returns for the rest of us still left here on the earth alive, at His appearing.

So how did the dead in Christ get into heaven?  According to 2 Cor.5:6-8, Paul wrote, "absent from the body, present with the Lord."  Confirming Ecc.12:7; Rev.6:9-11 and 7:9-17.

Quasar     

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »

With all the threads you have posted involving salvation, I have the impression you are not sure whether Jesus died for all of your sins, or just part of them and that you fear losing it.  Is that right?

1. Being good or bad has nothing at all to do with our salvation.  When we hear the Gospel and believe in Jesus with faith, that He is who He claims to be and did what He did on a cross.  Dying for all the sins we commit, past, present and future, and paying for them in full - in our place.

2. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, AND ARE JUSTIFIED FREELY BY HIS GRACE THAT CAME BY CHRIST JESUS.  God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement through faith in His blood..."  Rom.3:23-25. NIV  Which is achieved through our acting upon Jn.3:16; Rom.10:9-10 and Eph.1:13-14. 

3. Yes the Bible does make it crystal clear that we go to heaven when we die, and that the wicked go to Gehenna/the lake of fire [Sheol/Hades/Hell are all temporal]!  See Dan.12:2; Jn.5:28-29 and Rev.20:15.  2 Cor.5:6-8; Phil.1:21-23; Rev.6:9-11; 7:9-17 confirming Ecc.12:7.  When we have confessed our sins and receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God sees us as fully justified and in His sight, worthy, washed clean by the blood of Jesus.  See Heb.10:15-17 and Jn.10:27-28.

4. And all of us who seek Christ and come to know Him as our own personal Lord and Savior, we will be saved and our salvation is guaranteed, according to Jn.3:16; Rom.10:9-10 and Eph.1:13-14.  And we have crossed over from death unto life eternal, according to Jn.5:24.

5. Our salvation is by the free gift of God, which we can never earn from works or buy with anything as documented in Eph.2:4-9.  But when we believe in Christ, we are seated with Him in heavenly realms.  See also Rom.8:30.

6. That is all good and proper teaching.

7. With reference to 1 Thess.4:14, you need to review vs 13 first, which is Paul's assurance to the Thessalonians, their dead in Christ will not miss the rapture of the Church he had been teaching them about, and then told them why, in vs 14.  Because all the dead in Christ will return with Him FROM HEAVEN when He returns for the rest of us still left here on the earth alive, at His appearing.

So how did the dead in Christ get into heaven?  According to 2 Cor.5:6-8, Paul wrote, "absent from the body, present with the Lord."  Confirming Ecc.12:7; Rev.6:9-11 and 7:9-17.

Quasar   

What???????????? You don't know what & how I believe about ETERNAL LIFE I think you need to read things over.  :D

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
What???????????? You don't know what & how I believe about ETERNAL LIFE I think you need to read things over.  :D

You don't read very well, do you!  I asked you if:

>>>With all the threads you have posted involving salvation, I have the impression you are not sure whether Jesus died for all of your sins, or just part of them and that you fear losing it.  Is that right?<<<

Furthermore, I suggest you review the Scriptural facts I posted before racing to cover up other views with your own!

Do you believe you can lose your salvation?  Do you believe those who have died have another chance at salvation?

Quasar 

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

You don't read very well, do you!  I asked you if:

>>>With all the threads you have posted involving salvation, I have the impression you are not sure whether Jesus died for all of your sins, or just part of them and that you fear losing it.  Is that right?<<<

Furthermore, I suggest you review the Scriptural facts I posted before racing to cover up other views with your own!

Do you believe you can lose your salvation?  Do you believe those who have died have another chance at salvation?

Quasar

OSAS. NO SECOND CHANCES.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter