407 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: WORD FOR TODAY...  (Read 5579 times)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »

1 Timothy 4

10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

11 These things command and teach.

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
 Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »

Ephesians 3:

1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
 2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
 2Co 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
 2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
 2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
 2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
 2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
 2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »

Galatians 1:6-10
King James Version (KJV)

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
1 Corinthians 15:3-4, For I delievered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
Romans 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
2 Timothy 2:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »
Galatians 1:9-12 (KJV) 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
 11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
 1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 10:52:15 AM »
1 Corinthians 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

1 Corinthians 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

1 Corinthians 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39:11 AM »
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
Php 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.
 Php 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
 Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »

Romans 16:25-27
King James Version (KJV)

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
WORD FOR TODAY...
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »

"2Ti 3:1(KJB) This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
 2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
 2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
 2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
 2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
 2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
 2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
 2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
 2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
 2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
 2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
 2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
 2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
 2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
 2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
 2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter