481 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Are You A Religious Person?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Are You A Religious Person?
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »

✞Are You A Religious Person?

Nearly six out of 10 Americans (59%) say that being a religious person “is primarily about 'living a good life', and doing the 'right thing'.” As opposed to the more than one-third (36%) who hold that being religious “is primarily about having faith and the *right beliefs*.”

Many have heard: “Christianity is not a religion, but a relationship.” By this, the emphasize that trusting Christ as savior is not simply following a 'set of rules' and 'rituals', but is a deep personal relationship – even friendship – with God through Jesus Christ his son.

In the New Testament we only find the word "religion" used in reference to Judaism, and not 'the body of Christ, the church' of today. "The church" really would be a better definition of believers in Christ than 'religion' for us today.

The word "church" as rendered in the New Testament comes from the Greek term ekklesia which is formed from two Greek words meaning "an assembly" and "to call out" or "called out ones." The church then is a 'body of believers' who have been called out from the world by God to live as his people under the authority of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23).

vs.22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to *the church*,
 vs.23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Instead or being religious, I invite you be become a member of 'the body of Christ' in which Jesus is the head, a living organism.

To receive Jesus as your savior and become a member of His body we must believe he died for our sins and rose from the dead to save us. Trust in Jesus and his salvation work for us now and become a member of his body, the church!

Reference:
 The word - religion - appears 5 times in the New Testament:
 1. Act 26:5 Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
 2. Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
 3. Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
 4. Jam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
 5. Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
"...to make all men see"(Ephesians 3:9)

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
Re: Are You A Religious Person?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »
✞Are You A Religious Person?

I had to look in the bible to see what it says religion is:

True religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James 1:27)

Based on the biblical definition of religion, I need to become more religious.  :o
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »
Your doing a grrrrrrrrrreat job bro :)

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:26:47 PM »
Religion???...I am NOT religious...I have no Part of any Religion...I am a member of The Body Of Christ I am an Ambassador for Christ...Saved by Christ's shed Blood...
 Religion is man made and I do not want any part of that..The Gospel today that saves us in this Dispensation was Given to our Apostle Paul by the RISEN CHRIST and it is I Corinthians 15:1-4...Man had nothing to do with what God The Son Provided for mankind..NOTHING ...Christ did it all..Our responsibility ...To believe him...Plus nothing Else

Offline The Crusader

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 11:04:29 AM »
Religious words might attract religious people...
 ...but you're not going to catch any "sinners" with them...
 "Sinners" are a lot more wise than religious folks realize...
 They know real when they see it...
 Love never fails...

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter