266 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: If This Wasn't Messiah/Jesus, Then Who Was It ?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
If This Wasn't Messiah/Jesus, Then Who Was It ?
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:39 AM »
If This Wasn't Messiah/Jesus, Then Who Was It ? The Predicted Time of Appearence of the Anointed One:

The prophet Daniel predicted when Messiah would appear in Daniel 9:24-26

(BTW, there are manuscripts of Daniel that dates BEFORE the birth of Christ, so this prediction by Daniel could NOT have been written AFTER the fact.)

(Daniel 9:24-26) "Seventy sevens are decreed for your people and the Holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most Holy. Know and understand this; from the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One (Messiah), the Ruler comes, there will be Seven sevens and Sixty-two sevens. After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be cut off (i.e., die) and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. "

In other words: beginning with the moment of the decree that "Jerusalem will be rebuilt" to the moment that the Messiah will present himself, there will be "69 sevens".

Evidence that this prediction has been fulfilled:

Artaxerxes decree to Nehemiah in 444 B. C. (see Nehemiah 2:1-8), to rebuild the city Jerusalem and the city gates as well as its walls:

Neh 2:1 And it happened in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, wine was before him. And I (Nehemiah) took up the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had not been sad in his presence before.

Neh 2:5 and I said to the king, If it please the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I pray that you would send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers' tombs, so that I may build it.

It clearly state that the CITY of Jerusalem will be rebuilt - not just the wall

Nisan 1 444 BC is March 4, BC according to the Gregorian calendar

The Hebrew and Babylonian calendar at that time used a 360 day year. So in the calculation of "year" referred by Daniel, we must use this "prophetic year" instead of 365 days of our current year.

The use of this 'prophetic year' in these prophecies is confirmed by comparing the 1,260 days (Rev 11:3, 12:6) with the 42 month (Rev 11:2, 13:5) and with the 'time, times, and half a time' or three and a half years of Dan 7:25, 12:7, Rev 12:14).

The decree to rebuild Jerusalem was given on Nisan 1 in the year 444 BC (Nisan in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes)
 69 x sevens = 69 x 7 = 483 (years of 360 days)
 That is equal to 483 x 360 = 173880 days

1 Solar year = 365.24219879 days, so 173880 days = 476.067663 solar years = 476 yrs + 24.7 days

Working with the Gregorian calendar, starting from March 4, 444 BC and adding 476 Gregorian yrs + 25 days, we arrive at: March 30, 33 AD (Gregorian year)

What happened that day is recorded in Luke 19:28-40:

Luk 19:28 And saying these things, He went in front, going up to Jerusalem. ...

Luk 19:37 And when He had come near, even now at the descent of the Mount of Olives, all the multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works which they had seen, saying, Blessed is the King coming in the name of the Lord! Peace in Heaven and glory in the highest!

--- The Messiah had not been reveal until that moment !

The fact that Jesus APPROVED of this revelation was recorded in Luke 19:39-40:

Luk 19:39 And some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to Him, Teacher, rebuke your disciples. And He answered and said to them, I tell you that if these should be silent, the stones would cry out.

BTW, the rest of Daniel's prophecy (again, recall that we have document evidence that Danielwas written before Jesus' birth, so it is a prophecy in the truest sense) was fullfill also:

After the sixty-two "sevens", the Anointed One will be cut off (i.e., die) and will have nothing. The people of the ruler (Roman) who will come will destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (temple).

Jerusalem and the (second) temple were destroyed in 70 AD

BTW, Jesus himself reminded His disciples about this prophecy

http://www.ichthus.info/CaseForChrist/Messiah/intro.html

Quasar
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter