451 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Assisted suicide  (Read 929 times)

Offline Stan

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Friend of Sinners
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://www.theologyreview.com
Assisted suicide
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
In Canada, the topic of assisted suicide keeps on popping up, and the includes trying to get legislation passed to make it legal.

One identifiable group against this, is the evangelicals, according to todays National Post.

If people are convinced that you get zapped to heaven as soon as you die, then why put a loved one though needless pain and some times torture of wasting away?

(my personal thoughts are this, I do not believe in reincarnation that you go to a better place (Heaven) or a worse place (Hell) when you die, but rather believe in the resurrection that Jesus and the prophets looked forward to.)
Courage

Stan

http://www.theologyreview.com

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippian

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
Re: Assisted suicide
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:27:16 AM »
I have been inclined to agree with helping those who are suffering in pain to die, if they want help to do so.

In connection with where we go when we die, 2 Cor.5:8 states this: "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." KJV.

Also: "For I am in a straight between two, having a desire to depart and to be with Christ, which is far better."

Verification of the above is found in 1 Thess.4:14, where all those who have previously died in Christ are seen returning with Him from heaven, when He returns for everyone else who belongs to Him, left on earth alive at His appearing. "We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep [died] in Him." [Vs 16 reveals they will return from heaven].

In addition, Jesus parable in Lk.16:19-31 about Lazarus and the rich man; Is a perfect profile of OT Sheol, where both the righteous as well as the wicked go to Hell, divided by the big "chasm," separating the two.  Which reveals the action was immediately after their physical death.  The reason for that was because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, according to Heb.10:4.

After Jesus death on a cross, atonement for the sins of everyone was attained through His shed blood, according to Jn.1:29.  From that time on, all the righteous [believers] go to be with Jesus in Heaven according to the above Scriptures, confirming Ecc.12:7, instead of to the bosom of Abraham, on the righteous side of the "chasm" in Sheol/Hell.

Quasar
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:30:54 AM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter