375 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: To Hell and Back  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
To Hell and Back
« on: May 18, 2014, 01:15:23 AM »
Documentary on Near Death Experiences Dr. Maurice Rawlings, MD, a heart surgeon, has written a number of books on the death experience and clearly shows from his own practice and from the experiences of his patients, that not everyone goes to the light when they die, where there is total love.  Many of his patients, after being resuscitated on the operating table, spoke about hell. [TBN Films]

This is a study on life after death.  All through history man has predicted life after death.  All bibles are based on life after death, all religions.  But where are these? Who has come back to show us that there is life after death?Now through modern resuscitation methods, bringing the heart back, bringing breathing back, we can now bring a whole population of people back to talk to us about what’s on the other side of death.

See what you think about some of these cases that we are going to present.  The good ones are a dime a dozen, because people love to tell about the wonderful experience they had after they died and came back.The Hell experiences are somewhat embarrassing.  It’s an F on the report card, a slap in the face from God.  We have some cases of people who will tell you about their own hell experiences, so that you won’t have to go where they went.  We mainly want to teach you how to restart the heart; restart the breathing, on someone who has recently died.

Notice that death is reversible; you have 4 minutes of viable time before the brain cells start dying because of the lack of blood flow, and before rigor mortis sets in. I have seen 2 deaths, where resurrection was required, something that man can NOT do.  We can only do resuscitation, something God has permitted us to do.  How many hell experiences, have had a person's conversion and salvation while they were on the floor, and the person then only remember the good experiences?  This was not the case in Ronald Reagan (Not associated with X-President Ronald Reagan) He had his little boy with him while going to a 7-11 store, he got into an argument, and there was a bottle broken, and he was stabbed multiple times by his assailant.

By Dr. Maurice Rawlings

Go to the following to see this amazing testimonies and video of the victims:
http://www.divinerevelations.info/documents/rawlings/dr_rawlings_near_death_experiences.htm

Quasar 
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

Offline Zaph

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://
Re: To Hell and Back
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:07:18 PM »
I know that I'm going to get hammered for this but here it goes anyway.

If they can resuscitate you then you haven't truly died. Only God can give back the life force so unless you believe that God is raising these people back from the dead like He did Lazarus then then these people haven't truly died. There is a reason why they are called "near death". So no they haven't been to the "other side"

Just because someone has an experience on the operating table doesn't mean it's true. There are all sorts of chemical processes going on. The body is doing strange things because it wasn't designed to have all the medications pumped into it. People have all kinds of "visions" and dreams and experiences while on drugs.

I haven't gone to do any digging on this but I'm  willing to make an educated guess that there are other people not on the operating table or close to death have very similar experiences of going to a "light" or experience a "hell" in a dream.

Please don't get me wrong. I do not in anyway doubt their experience. I truly believe that they experienced something good or bad. I just don't accept their experience as basis for truths.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • http://theologyreview.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:31:45 PM »

If they can resuscitate you then you haven't truly died. Only God can give back the life force so unless you believe that God is raising these people back from the dead like He did Lazarus then then these people haven't truly died. There is a reason why they are called "near death". So no they haven't been to the "other side"

Just because someone has an experience on the operating table doesn't mean it's true. There are all sorts of chemical processes going on. The body is doing strange things because it wasn't designed to have all the medications pumped into it. People have all kinds of "visions" and dreams and experiences while on drugs.

I haven't gone to do any digging on this but I'm  willing to make an educated guess that there are other people not on the operating table or close to death have very similar experiences of going to a "light" or experience a "hell" in a dream.

Please don't get me wrong. I do not in anyway doubt their experience. I truly believe that they experienced something good or bad. I just don't accept their experience as basis for truths.
It's true because the bible says so. :)

Jesus presented the concept of life-after-death because it's true. If it were a lie, Jesus would not have told us so. The OT was a shadow of things to come, but the NT is a revelation of what has come -- and His name is Jesus. He brings divine truth.

"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline John Oscar

• Bondservant of the Lord
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
    • Whitehall Assembly
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:55:36 AM »
Zaph was questioning the experience not the reality of heaven or life after death.

I too hold subjective experiences a distant second to objective fact.
John O

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 06:30:01 PM »
Zaph was questioning the experience not the reality of heaven or life after death.

I too hold subjective experiences a distant second to objective fact.
As an atheist, I believed that we ceased to exist after our mortal bodies die, sort of like removing the electricity from a computer. However, when I died, I immediately went to the gates of hell in the center of the earth. I was told that once I entered the gates, my fate would be sealed forever, so I began screaming, "Lord! Lord! I know You're real now! Please give me a second chance!" I was given a second chance and was returned to my mortal body. However, I proclaim that life after death is real because the bible says so and not because of my "subjective" [sic] experience.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:31:56 PM by me again »
"So then, stand firm and hold to the traditions :o which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Offline Zaph

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 04:47:42 PM »
Unless the Lord resurrected you like He did Lazarus you didn't really die. If the doctors are able to bring you back you were not truly dead.

There is life after death but your experience doesn't prove or disprove it. There is life after death simply because the Bible tells us so. Even Peter acknowledges this fact. After referencing the transfiguration of Christ that he experienced with James and John he goes on to say this...

2Pe 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

What is better than experience or a miracle? God's Word!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:58:43 PM by Zaph »

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
Unless the Lord resurrected you like He did Lazarus you didn't really die. If the doctors are able to bring you back you were not truly dead.

There is life after death but your experience doesn't prove or disprove it. There is life after death simply because the Bible tells us so. Even Peter acknowledges this fact. After referencing the transfiguration of Christ that he experienced with James and John he goes on to say this...

2Pe 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

What is better than experience or a miracle? God's Word!

That is the doctrine of soul sleep, which I utterly and completely reject, based on God's Word (of course).  :o

Offline Zaph

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »
I'm not sure how you got that out of my response.

Offline me again

• Bought with a price...
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »
Because that's the doctrine of soul sleep i.e. in the doctrine of soul sleep, "death" does not come until after the Great White Throne Judgment when the souls of the damned are thrown into the Lake of Fire where they will cease to exist -- forever. That is "death" in the doctrine of soul sleep.

Thoughts?  ;D

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 12:40:07 AM »

Have you considered  the difference between the death of our physical body and the second "death," as recorded in Rev.20:6 ?  Our physical, perishable, mortal bodies all die, as recorded in 1 Cor.15:42-50.  The spirit/soul, that can only be separated by God, according to Heb.4:12, never really dies, according t Jn.11:26, 2 Cor.5:6-8  as well as in Isa.66:24, Mk.9:48 and Mt.25:46.   Review Jn.11:26.

Reference to Rev.20:14, where death is thrown into the lake of fire, means, there will be no more death, and the present age ends, along with the present heaven and earth, as recorded in Rev.21:1.  When God will bring in the new eternal heaven and earth.

In connection with the cardiologist, Dr. Rawlings, who is the author of to "Hell and Back," when the vital signs of the subjects he characterized were flat zero, they were physically dead.

Quasar
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:56:08 PM by Quasar »
"I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except by me."  Jn.14:6.

ads

Recent

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

me again

October 09, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."
Forgiveness is available until we get to eternity and then our eternal fate is sealed. Right now, people are free to sin and repent; but there is no forgiveness of sin for the damned in hell.

Stan

October 05, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

Stan

May 03, 2014, 01:12:35 PM
Lots of visitors..  easy to join,  easy to post...  come make some friends..  Play nice with others.

The Crusader

February 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM
Religious Lie: "God only paid for sins until the next time you sin."

The Crusader

December 23, 2013, 09:38:53 AM
JUST A THINK ABOUT IT: Will you embrace the full meaning of Christmas? Jesus didn't die just so you could go to heaven. He came to give you life - His life; an abundant life free from guilt, condemnation, and slavery to both sins and religion. He came to bring a grace revolution to the world and tha

Show 50 latest

Our Amazon Store

Unique visitors since Dec 1, 2012

Flag Counter